PDA

View Full Version : HELP! i don't know what is wrong!

QueenChyna
07-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Hello, i need some help on what to do, or i need to know what is wrong...
its my cat Bigfoot, when my mom and i were out milking goats last night, we noticed that she had drool coming from her mouth,and there was a lot of drool. She was sticking out her tongue the whole time, and she looked a little beat up, so it worried me, so i need to know what i can do, my mom and I can give her a shot of penicilin, or something, but my mom suggested one thing, a possibility could be rabies, so we are cautious of handling her, so i hope someone can know what is happening. Please respond, i would really appreciate it! thanx!

furrykidsmother
07-13-2005, 11:41 AM
First of all, is your cat up to date with vaccinations? Has it had a rabies shot? I would think a trip to the vet is in order in any case. Do not administer any shots to your cat with out a vets approval.

Karen
07-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Get her to the vet right away - now! She also could have gotten poisoned, that happened to my friend's dog and he started drooling.

kittycats_delight
07-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Take her to the vet. It maybe as simple as a fight with another cat and she may have even bit her tongue but a vet is your best bet. They would know and could treat her.

Please, take Bigfoot to the vet ASAP.

luvofallhorses
07-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Please get her to the vet and please keep us updated.

QueenChyna
07-13-2005, 03:19 PM
well my mom is well experienced with animals, trust me, well see, i can't take the cat to the vet\
1. i am not old enough to drive, so i can't take the cat to the vet
2. she is a wild cat, so you can't really catch her, and she an outside cat
i just wanted to know if anyone new what was wrong, or what i could do besides taking her to the vet.
Although i appreciate your comments!:)

kittycats_delight
07-13-2005, 03:30 PM
you have to find someone to take her. And there must be a way to catch her. Food maybe? If she has rabies you can't let her run wild and infect other cats or animals.

lv4dogs
07-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
you have to find someone to take her. And there must be a way to catch her. Food maybe? If she has rabies you can't let her run wild and infect other cats or animals.
Exactly, not only that what if she was poisoned or badly injured, you just can't just let her suffer.
Will your mom take her when she gets home?

A havahart trap would probably work too.

luvofallhorses
07-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight

I couldn't have said it better myself.

catmandu
07-13-2005, 04:49 PM
THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS MORE LIKE POISON,THAN RABIES.
IF SHE HAS RABIESSHE WILL BE EXTREMELY THIRSTY,AND WILL WANT WATER,RIGHT AWAY.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL,AS I WAS BITTEN,BY A DOG,AND IF IT HAD BEEN A STRAY,I WOULD HAVE HAD,TO TAKE THE SHOTS,IN THE PIT,OF THE STOMACH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture462.jpg

momcat
07-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Your kitty needs to be examined by a vet to determine exactly what's going on here. A vet can run tests if necessary. In the meantime, if there's an emergency animal hospital or a veterinary school listed in your phone book call and tell them what's going on. If there are none around then call a local vet. Get help from a trained professional!

leslie
07-19-2005, 11:24 AM
How's the cat? You say the cat can't be caught to bring to a vet. How did your mom plan on giving her penicillian then? Contradictory info! (and not a good idea without vet advice).

dukedogsmom
07-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by leslie
How's the cat? You say the cat can't be caught to bring to a vet. How did your mom plan on giving her penicillian then? Contradictory info! (and not a good idea without vet advice).
Exactly what I was going to say.

fudgesicle
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
It may have Oral Cancer.

Just givin an opinion. May not be right. Hope it gets better.

QueenChyna
07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
ok well,
well no, thats not contradictory, i never said we would give her a shot, i said we could. just trying to clear up that confusion. No we can't use a trap, because she won't go in those things, she is too scared of them. They reason she is so wild, and unmanageable, that is because she was a drop off. anyway, i see her every now and again. So I saw her a day or 2 ago, and she looked normal, she doesn't look sick anymore.
But i am still trying to keep a close eye on her.

catmandu
07-19-2005, 06:26 PM
WE ARE GLAD,THAT SHE IS LOOKING BETTER.IF ITS HOT,BIGFOOT MIGHT WELL HAVE HAD A TOUCH,OF HEAT STROKE.
OR IF BIGFOOT,IS OLDER A MILD STOKE,OR MAYBE BIGFOOT,WAS INJURED,IN A FIGHT,WITH HIS PREY.
WE ARE JUST GLAD,THAT THINGS,ARE BETTER NOW!!!

AlleyCat
07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Do you have any idea how old this cat is? Drooling in a cat is also a sign of a crisis stage in various diseases, including Chronic Renal Failure. (I know -- we've experienced it.) At any rate, even if she looks fine now, which is great, if you can catch this cat you should still have it checked out if possible.

QueenChyna
07-19-2005, 09:17 PM
well thank you, I would not know definite age of the cat, but i think around 2 or 3, i could tell she was younger, but not too young, and i knew she wasn't old!:)
It could have been a thing of heat stroke, because it has been hot these last weeks!