PDA

View Full Version : Please Answer ASAP!

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-13-2005, 10:54 AM
My cat Jolly had kittens Monday! Just a min ago I noticed some blood on the sheets shes laying on, then I spread her legs and there was more....is this AT ALL normal? PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER!!!

kittycats_delight
07-13-2005, 10:56 AM
is this the same sheet she had the babies on? Or is it a clean one that was put there after?

If it is a clean one take Jolly to the vet NOW !!!! She shouldn't be bleeding 2 days after having kittens.

Shady
07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
is this the same sheet she had the babies on? Or is it a clean one that was put there after?

If it is a clean one take Jolly to the vet NOW !!!! She shouldn't be bleed 2 days after having kittens.

Totally agree.

If it's new blood, get her to the vet's NOW!!

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
its a different one, im about 2 call the vet now

Shady
07-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Excellent.

Please update us when you can!

kittycats_delight
07-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Don't take no for an answer from the vet about taking her in. And don't let them put you off either and say bring her in, in a few hours. Just tell them I am on my way with Jolly. She had kittens 2 days ago and she is freshly bleeding. Don't give them a chance to say "don't worry" or "we can see her in 2 hours" "we can see her tomorrow"

Please let us know what happens.

furrykidsmother
07-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Not to scare you, but Gidget had a couple of spots of blood a couple days after Rusty and Fluffy were born. She ended up having a stillborn baby, had to have an emergency c-section and was on meds for 10 days due to infection. Please get her to the vet ASAP!!!

luvofallhorses
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Please, please get her to the vet ASAP!!!!!!! and please keep us updated.

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-13-2005, 11:53 AM
I called the vet and they told me that it was completely normal for her 2 bleed, and she might bleed here and there for 2 weeks, I am still gonna take her into the vet though to make sure shes fine, I have to wait till my papow gets here, and that will be 1...and then he's gonna take her....She's purring and seems fine, so maybe it is normal, I will know here in a little....I will keep u ipdated and as she goes 2 the vet!

kittycats_delight
07-13-2005, 11:58 AM
My Rb Mytsi had kitten and through the years my grandparents had cats that have had kittens none of them ever bleed days after let alone weeks later. I don't know but it seems that your vets office doesn't seem to be overly entusiastic about actually helping. They seem to just want to tell you what you want to hear. I hope I am wrong.

Please let us know what happens at the vets when you get back with Jolly.

furrykidsmother
07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't mean to be disrespectful of your vet, but I do not agree that it is normal for her to bleed like that and especially for a couple of weeks. I would think that they would be a little more willing to at least check her over and rule out other possibilities. I wish you luck and hope that your vet is right and that it is nothing to worry about, but I refuse to agree that it is normal.

Please let us know as soon as you can.

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-13-2005, 12:03 PM
ok, my papow is on his way home from work now 2 carry her to the vet, were carrying her to a diff vet than we called, we figured it would be good 2 get 2 opinions!

kittycats_delight
07-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Good for you. I think it is much better to see a second vet. Please let us know what happens.

lv4dogs
07-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but isn't this a planned litter? If so then you should of researched ALL about feline pregnancy therefore you should of already of known to call the vet & to know that it may be normal or may not be.
This should of all been done BEFORE you bred the cats. If this was in fact a planned pregnancy than sorry to say but I take it back & I do mean to be rude.
I am especially dissapointed as this is not the first question/problem you have had with this litter. I really hope you learned a lesson and that is to spay/neuter your animals. I understand everyone has to learn somewhere but when you when you have lives on the line you should always learn everything before you endanger their lives.
Do you know that 7 million cats & dogs are put to sleep every year because they have no homes? This number is only for adoptable animals (it does not include sick or injured cats & dogs nor does it include pets with behavorial issues, it also does not include any other pets like rodents & the like).

I really do hope & pray that you get momma to the vet, get her spayed right after the kitties are weaned & that all the kitties do find forever homes.
Good luck!

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-13-2005, 03:06 PM
ok, to the last post, if your gonna be rude, then im gonna be rude right back...okay?
1st...Yes it was a planned pregnancy, and for your information, yes I did read up on all of that stuff, I read what to feed her, how to take care of her, and guess what, all her babys came out fine!
2nd....All these cats already have homes, so stop telling me about how many cats dont have homes, these do!
3rd...Im sorry that no where I EVER read said anything about bleeding, THATS why I was worried, so get your panties out of a wad, and stop being rude! Theres no need for it! But trust me, I can be alot ruder! I didnt come on here to have people be rude and talk about how im not a good pet owner and how kittens dont have homes, I take GOOD care of this cat, and I could care less what anyone things, I feel good in my heart and I know im doing a good job! So..if your gonna be rude, please....just dont even reply, I dont have time to read your smart remarks!

**Jolly....The vets say she's fine, and thats its normal, and that she may leak for up to 2 weeks, and if she stops eating then to bring her in, shes in there right now with her 4 little beautiful babys purring like a motorboat!

I dont know how much more I will post b/c I am sick of these jerks being rude, and I have a attitude, and im really NOT wanting to show it, but if one more person crosses me the wrong way, I swear to my good lord above,.....It WONT be pretty! I am worried about my cat and dont need people making smart remarks 2 me!

furrykidsmother
07-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Glad to hear that she is doing well and that the vet feels it is normal. It scares me a bit still, but maybe that is just my experience with Gidget. I am sure you love her very much and that you will keep an eye on her and know if something changes in her eating or other normal activities she needs to go back to the vet. Anyway, keep us posted pictures of the babies would be great!

lv4dogs
07-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm not gonna argue, and although yes I was rude at some factors because I was very dissapointed about your lack of knowledge after you claimed to be knowledgable. But if you read the bottom I did wish you luck. I sincerly ment it. I too can be ruder but I didn't feel it was necassary nor adult like. I don't like to argue but I also don't like people that add to the overpopulation of animals without doing so to improve the breed. I am truely sorry for upsetting you, and I hope you see where I (and I'm sure many others) are coming from too.

1. I think that if you research about breeding you should research it all, not just what to feed & how to take of her, but what complications may occur & how to deal with them. In researching you should of also found that breeding is only reccomended to improve breeds. That means to test your cats (mom & dad) for any & all diseases & illnesses that may be hereditary. A full blood panel & some tests also x-rays to make sure their structure is correct.

2. Yes your cats have homes, but there are many others that don't. Why not reccomend to family & friends to adopt them instead of adding to the population. (when I say population I mean the whole population, not just the ones in shelters, I'm talking about ones that have homes too). Also you can not see what the future brings. What if problems arrise later on down the road & the people can no longer care for the cats. There is always a chance that a cat (or any other animal) can end up in a shelter or on the streets even if the person promises to keep the animal for life.

3. I understand you were worried I would be too. But this should of been researched further to find out what is expected & what complications can arrise & what to do about them. And its not really only about that, its the fact you had numerous concerns. (about the gestation period of a cat).
It scared me that someone who bred on purpose had two important concerns right after each other.
I know you had a problem, but something medically like this you should always call the vet first.

I am glad you are learning now. And not once did I say that you didn't take good care of your pets.

Congrats on the kitties & I hope everything goes smoothly for you & them!

Cataholic
07-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Obviously, you are upset. Whether you have a 'right' to be or not, doesn't matter. BUT, I would like to say a few things. First, print this whole thread out somehow, and re-read it in 5 years.

Why? I am assuming you are young, and inexperienced with rescue, and what the real world has out there. When you go visit a few kill shelters, I think you would change your tune a bit. You can't be held accountable for that which you don't know, or haven't been taught. But, to get so defensive, so quickly, makes me question your "they all have homes"..."I love my cat so much".

I was 8 months pregnant and crawling around a deserted house trying to trap feral cats last summer. I have logged more miles on my car transporting dogs from kill shelters to forever homes than I care to think of. I see sites like petfinder.com and even shows like animal planet/animal cops, and cry.

Your attitude, as you so proudly call it, is better described as youthful ignorance. What you so proudly describe as a blessed event sends shivers up the spine of most PTers. You don't sit back and think for maybe two minutes that anyone on here has any knowledge that might surpass yours. That is youthful ignorance. You have YOUR panties so much in a bunch that it is apparently blocking the oxygen to your brain.

Why don't you go volunteer 2 hours a week at the local humane society for a month. THAN come back and tell us how great this all is.

catnapper
07-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Nobody was trying to be rude; they are giving you honest answers. You think un-sugar-coated answers are rude. They are merely the truth given to you from experienced people. You need to realize that we care about your cat more than you may ever know, even though we've never met her. We care about her health, her well-being. I'm sure she's loved - thats evident.... please listen to what others have said. Its from pure concern that all points have been raised.

I work HARD to rescue and save unwanted cats. Its situations like this that upset us rescuers.... YES, your cats DO have homes... but SOME OTHER kitten COULD have gone to those homes! You not only endangered another kitten's life, you risked your own cat's life by knowingly bred her - AFTER you said you've read up on breeding.

PS:
Please use proper english. TO instead of 2. YOU instead of u. Your use of internet slang is making you come across as immature and therefor inadvertantly giving the impression that you are ignorant of many things.

NoahsMommy
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I couldn't have said it better, guys! Right on!

One more thing...although it may be unnecessary. Its scary that someone "in charge" of a mother cat doesn't have access to a vehicle should something happen. :( I hope these kittens ARE healthy and don't require a trip to the vet any time soon...not all emergencies can wait till your father (or grandfather? Not sure what a pawpo is.) gets home.

Please do what we've suggested. Spend some time at a local shelter so you can see first hand how many cats/dogs, kittens/puppies are killed each day because there aren't homes...and are alive because people like you want to see something "blessed".

NoahsMommy
07-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Wanted to add...

I don't think anyone here has any doubt you love your Jolly.

What we do doubt is your ability to put HER BEST INTERESTS above your OWN.

catmandu
07-13-2005, 04:37 PM
WE,AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL,ARE PRAYING,FOR THAT MOMMA CAT,AND HER BABIES.
THAT,IS THEMOST IMPORTANT THING,THAT THE LITTLE ONES,ARE ALL RIGHT.
AFTER ALL,I AM SO DUMB,THAT I THOUGHT POUNCETTE,WAS DECLAWED,AND SHE HAS A FINE SET,OF CLAWS.
OTHERWISE,I WOULD HAVE LOCKED HER,IN THE UPSTAIRS BEDROOM,WHERE SHE WOULD HAVE HAD FOOD,INSTEAD,OF LETTING HER HAVE THE BABIES,IN THE BASEMENT.
MAYBE,IF SHE HAD HAD FOOD,SHE WOULDNT HAVE EATEN SCRATCHIER.
I DIDNT THINK,THAT SHE WAS PREGNANT,AND I WAS WRONG.
BLESSINGS,TO YOU,AND YOUR MOMMA CAT,AND KITTENS,MAY THEY BE WELL,AND HAPPY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture462.jpg

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Well ya'll are all so used to making assumptions on me! I do have access to a car, I have a very good car, I drive a 2002 Mustang, I just wanted to wait till my papow got here so he could see...I dont wanna just run her 2 the vet, and run up a bill if she really is ok and I dont have a job to pay for the bill! So dont make assumptions, because I read up on this for about 2 months...I have done all that I can do! Also, I use internet slang, and im sorry, it just comes out when I type, I am used to it, not gonna change it to please anyone! I am not gonna continue 2 update on Jolly b/c no matter what I do, I am doing it wrong, or I did it wrong, or I dont know what im doing, so forget it all! I am tired of dealing with this! I thought ya'll could help, but u just ended up making my problem worse, sorry I asked!

PayItForward
07-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ainslee_breann_sr06
I dont have a job to pay for the bill!
WHAT ?!? You planned a litter and you don't have a job in case of emergency vet bills.

You should of saved around £2000 ($3500) for vet bills before you even tried to breed your cat.

Just a few concerns :-

: Is your cat a show quality pure breed cat with registration papers, ditto for the tom cat ?

: Did you check the background of both cats back three generations to check for genetic problems carried by both/either cats.

: Have you blood tested your cat and the tom cat for Felv and Fiv and STD's before you allowed them to mate. If you didn't you could have healthy looking but fatally ill kittens on your hands.

: What is the aim of your breeding program ?

: Have you got contracts drawn up for the owners of the kittens ensuring they fully insure, vaccinate and alter these kittens at six months old to prevent even more un-necessary kittens.

: What will you do if these kittens end up homeless in the future, will you do the responsible thing and take them in for the next 20 years or will you direct them to the closest shelter.

:When will you alter your cat ? As every heat cycle will shorten her life span and increase her chance of developing breast and cervical cancer and with every breeding will increasing her chance of contracting Felv, Fiv or STD‘s.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having read your previous posts you sound like a typical back yard breeder...bad attitude, little knowledge on breeding, no money for your vet bills and not caring about the fact for every kitten you un-necessarily bred... a kitten will die in your local shelter.

If you want to compare facts.......here is a full list of difference between back yard breeders like you and responsible breeders.
http://www.whyneuter.com/breeders.html

lv4dogs
07-14-2005, 08:31 AM
I dont wanna just run her 2 the vet, and run up a bill if she really is ok and I dont have a job to pay for the bill!

First of all any reputable breeder planning a litter will take the cat (or any animal) AND the babies to the vet within a few days after delivering the babies for an exam, just to make sure everything is ok. So you should of found that out in your research & had the money set aside and the appointment already made.
Besides you're not just running up a bill you are making sure your beloved cat is happy & healthy. Its NOT a waste of money no matter what the outcome is, nor is it a waste of time. Your mind will be set at ease causing a lot less stress on you & of course the animals as they can sense when mommy's stressed too.

And last but not least. To tell you the gods honest truth, it litterally blew me away, brought tears to my eyes.YOU HAVE NO JOB? Oh my gosh & you have a litter of kitties that you PLANNED. They need food, litter, vaccines, exams, dewormings possibly flea & mite treatments & who knows what else can arrise.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey guys calm down please! Give her some credit - she is obviously keeping a very watchful eye on Jolly and is only asking for advice

catnapper
07-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Well ya'll are all so used to making assumptions on me!
Its seems no assumptions were needed. Its seems we were right on the majority of things. You sound like a selfish, arrogant young lady who has a heck of a lot to learn in life.

Well, la-de-da, you have a car. No job but you do have a car. Woohoo! How do you pay gas, insurance, oil changes, regular repair work? I bet if your car started leaking oil, you'd be at the mechanic, yet your beloved cat leaks blood and doesn't get taken to the vet????

What did you expect us to say -- you came in with an attitude and then got overly defensive when people told you the TRUTH. You can't tell us you read up on breeding when its APPARENT you did not. Oooo... by reading up, did you mean that you read the back of the bag of food?

Yes, I am VERY sarcastic, but you've disgusted me with your ignorance. Its people like YOU that keep me and other foster families inundated with kittens and adult cats.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-14-2005, 08:49 AM
This one is going nowhere - what about the kitties?

kittycats_delight
07-14-2005, 09:14 AM
There were a lot of things I wanted to say about this whole thing too but thought better of it for the sake of the kitties. I thought the only way she would listen to reason was not to attack her even when it was called for. It's obvious she is young and inexperienced and the attitude and defensiveness shows that. But I was more worried about the cat and her babies and unfortunately what is done is done now. I don't think she will be back anyway. She seems to be spoiled really and when she wasn't being told she was doing a good job and so on and so forth she was finished. I don't think we will ever know what will happen to Jolly or her babies and I do fear the worse for all of them. I hope not.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Fair enough - I have no knowledge of breeding cats having had Brody spayed as soon as I could. I have nothing but admiration for the work you do for our feline friends and am very glad that they have you in their corner - you are a tough opponent! Well done

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Hey guys calm down please! Give her some credit - she is obviously keeping a very watchful eye on Jolly and is only asking for advice
A watchful eye will not pay for all the things a mother cat and kittens needs. The vaccinations alone will run to £60 ($100) per kitten.

Nor will watching this mum cat bleed, help her heal. :(

Poor mum cat and kittens :(

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 02:42 PM
well im gonna post this! I said I have no job, but my cats get fed very well.. My parents buy 2 kinds of dry food and 2 kinds of wet food for her.....she never goes hungry! Yes...I do have a car...my mom and dad pay the insurance, gas, payment, and repairs on it! One time my cat Roger Franklin was sick, we called the vet, he said bring him in, so we did! We have called the vet 3 or 4 times about Jolly and each time he said no dont bring her in, therefor I am going to take his advice! We have used him for MANY years with our animals, and he has done a wonderful job! Nothing is wrong with Jolly, it was completely normal for her to leak blood, my friend Amanda had a cat that had a litter of kittens, and she laughed at me when I said I was worried about my Jolly b/c she was leaking blood, I have asked around and apparently most cats leak blood after they have babys! My dad is a dr, but aside from his regular job, he breeds dogs, he said yes...all animals are gonna leak blood, just like humans! So no, dont call me ignorant or anything else, I have asked around and got everyones opinion! Jolly is fine! I dont care what anyone thinks about me! I am NOT spoiled, and im not ignorant! So say what ya want....I could really care less!:D

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 02:44 PM
THERES NOTHING FREAKIN WRONG WITH MOM CAT OR THE KITTENS, I DONT HAVE A JOB, BUT MY PARENTS DO...MY DADS A DR, AND MY MOMS A NURSE.......WERE NOT STRESSED FOR FREAKIN MONEY, OK? CAN I SAY IT ANY LOUDER?

lv4dogs
07-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Not spoiled you say?
Mommy & daddy pay for everything & you are old enough for a job.

Sounds more than spoiled to me. I've been working since I was 13, paying for everything myself. I had to pay my parents rent to live in their house when I was still in high school, since age 15!

And a few posts back you said papow was on his way to the vet with the cat, now you didn't even go?

Cataholic
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM
im sure shes pregnant, u can put ur hand on her belly and feel them move, and shes eating ...VERY well..she eats all the time, and she's drinking, she hasnt played for about 2 months, just been laying around, sleeping and resting all the time...just like a normal pregnant cat would do...just....no babys? I could call a vet, but he would charge like 3 times extra 2 come in on the weekend...so im at least trying 2 wait till Monday

Me thinks something is rotten in some place! I thought money wasn't any sort of object? After all, your mom is a nurse, and your father is a doctor. I guess they don't live together, since according to your other thread, each of them are adopting a kitten of Jolly's, along with your fiance, right?

The problem with story telling is that unless you keep totally on top of the yarns you spin, you eventually get trapped in them.

If your father is a doctor, and your mother a nurse, seems to me either of them would have been the first ones to turn to about bleeding after delivery, not an internet site! You posted twice, in a pleading way....I guess your parents were busy, and never sat down with you and explained the birthing process. Surely, as medical professionals, they knew all this all along, and you didn't need to bother your 'pawpo' about all this. Right? Right?

lv4dogs
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Cataholic hit the nail right on the head.

She also mentione MULTIPLE times about the lack of money. Well now all of a sudden mommy & daddy pay for everything & money is not an issue. Well it was an issue just yesterday!!!!

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
let me refrase this....My MOM is a nurse...and my STEP dad is a Dr...sorry for not putting the step in there! My real dad is taking a kitten to! The reason I dont have a job, is NO TIME! I am a varsity cheerleader for my highschool & play softball! During Aug-Dec I go to school from 8-3, and then have practice from 3-6...and during Feb-May same......, not 2 mention I have the stress of being south Arkansas Vice President of FCCLA! I am 2 busy 2 have a job! So once again, get your nose, outta my business, quit making assumptions, and learn the facts 1st! Say im spoiled whatever, I just am lucky 2 have the kind of family I have.... My mom would rather me be a cheerleder and play sports than to send me out to work, when im in school anyways! She cares 2 much about me 2 do that! Now when I turn 18, I have a secured job at the hospital waiting on me, where my mom,dad...wait STEP dad, and brother all work! My brothers never had jobs in high school, they played sports, and also had vehicles mom and dad payed for! I asked a question about my cat, I didnt want u coming on here telling me im spoiled & all that kind of bullcrap!

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 03:48 PM
if something is truly wrong with my cat, I will take it to the vet! I DONT HAVE A JOB, MY MOM AND DAD DO! THEY PAY FOR IT, NOT ME! Them making a car payment, insurance, giving me gas money....that totals up to about 700 a month.....I dont like to just ask and ask and keep asking, now if she was really sick, then we would take her, but not since shes doing fine! Get my point now? Its my moms money, not mine! She works, and earns it, I dont!...........I dont wanna just keep asking and asking and asking when its not necessary!

carole
07-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Good Grief this thread has turned into something I never imagined, firstly I just have to say a lot of comments were made to you out of pure concern from people who really do have a wealth of knowledge, way beyond my own, and that is something you should respect.

Secondly as this if your first experience with PT and not what I would call exactly welcoming one, you will indeed think it a bad place to be, but please listen to me when I say it is a wonderful place.

I don't think it was necessary for anyone to personally attack this young lady, I don't feel it is my place to judge her life and make comments, I do not know her at all.

I think her cat and kittens sound like they are in good hands, there are many who do not have the love and care that they obviously have, and one should keep that in mind, there is money to take care of them all, and I would imagine the new owners of each kitten will be responsible enough to have all their vaccinations etc done.

I think everyone has been way to hard on this young lady, and reading between the lines far too much, I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt, call me gullible if you like, but I believe she is a responsible girl who will make sure Jolly and her babies are well taken care of,that is merely my opinion., when i think of some of the situations some cats are in, I think they are blessed in comparison.

I don't agree with breeding either, and it would have been better just to have her spayed in the beginning, however the two main things are that she is now going to be spayed and the kittens all have homes according to our poster.

For those who think she is immature because she is so defensive, I tend to disagree, I have seen many a mature adult react the same way here when being personally attacked, it is just human nature if you ask me.

DJFyrewolf36
07-14-2005, 04:01 PM
The only point you prove by shouting and using foul language is your total lack of respect for your elders and your complete lack of tact. I'd say more on that point but I think I'll keep the rest of my comments to myself because I'd be hypocrite if I didn't.

All I can say though is that you validate the epiphany I came to in high school about the majority of varsity cheerleaders.

I hope your momma cat and her kittens are healthy and happy although I think I speak for just about everyone when I say if don't want to face an answer you don't want to hear, don't ask the question. I know that there are some extremely knowledgeable people here in regards to proper kitten/momma cat care and I've noticed that the only people that have more knowledge are veterinary professionals. Realistically, if you genuinely want some good advice about the proper way to breed cats you have come to the right place. If all you want is to give good people a really bad attitude, then there’s the door.

Don't let it hit you on the way out.

And this isn't meant as a personal attack either. I gather the impression that all this poster wanted to do was cop an attitude even before other people got rude. It isnt right to get rude mind you but I understand why some people would get a little bit peeved.

And I apologise if I come off as a bit abrasive. I just don't like to see people get completely disrespected.

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 04:15 PM
1. I have not used fowl language once.
2. Now your gonna judge me b/c I made the comment I was a cheerleader? Ok thats wrong!

I thank heavens that carole is at least on my side! You all have treated me like complete and total crap, and jumped on my case for anything and everything, made assumptions from the beginning been wrong about most, then made more to cover it up (i.e.. I dont have a car, which I do, and when I said I did, then that made me spoiled). Ok well I picked this cat up off the side of the road, I have given her the best home she could have had, I bought her a brand new bed that was $32, I bought her 2 collars, and purple one with a bow, and a pink fuzzy one, she has numerous outfits she can wear, I take such good care of this cat,....I love her more than anything in this world, in fact, my fiancee gets irritated b/c I pay her more attention than him sometimes! You all can sit here and call me whatever names u would lile, but if u stop and think about it....if it werent for me, she would not even be alive right now! Right now she is currently purring her little heart out b/c she is so happy, she has purred since the day I picked her up, thats why she is named Jolly! So make whatever assumptions u want, say im spoiled, but I have done my all for this cat, and will continue to, get off your high horse, and realize the facts! Sure I didnt go to a shelter and get her, but I saved her from a dog that was currently in the process of eating her, and brought her home and she has been my honey ever since!!!!

Shady
07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Is this really worth continuing fighting about?

If Jolly is ok, does any of this crap really matter now?

carole
07-14-2005, 04:28 PM
I agree, let us concentrate on hearing about Jolly and her babies, hopefully she will post some pics of the babies soon, now that I would like to see here.:)

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 04:36 PM
I will put pictures up as soon as I can, I have to wait till I get the camera developed, so it will probibly be like next week sometime

DJFyrewolf36
07-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I do agree that this is about Jolly and her babies. As I said before I didn't mean any disrespect.

I apologise, as I think you do deserve one because you do seem to care very much about your cat.

Just caring though isnt enough to ensure that the momma cat and kittens are healthy.

rosethecopycat
07-14-2005, 04:51 PM
I rescue.
It is hard.
My heart gets broken. All the time.
My fosters sometime die.
I rescue anyway.

At best, I can save 15-20 cats a year.
You put 4 of them back.
I rescue anyway.

Please, no more uneccessary litters.
I rescue, until there are none left.
7 million to do.
A daunting task
I rescue anyway.

http://www.itsmeowornever.org/homeless.html

I bought her a brand new bed that was $32, I bought her 2 collars, and purple one with a bow, and a pink fuzzy one, she has numerous outfits she can wear
Sounds like Jolly is the cheerleader.

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
People are not posting to make this girl feel bad. We are posting information, in the hope that this poor cat will get the vet care which is needed.

It is easy to just post nice friendly posts but if people don't post the hard truth these cats could really suffer. The softly, softly approach does not help the mum cat and kittens in question. Pictures of cute kittens being posted doesn't address the need for vet care.

Her cat needs a vet check asap. All cats should be checked up after labour as standard. If her vet doesn't think this is necessary, he is a poor small animal vet and another vet should be seeked out. If money is no problem there is no excuse....this cat should see a vet today.

This mum cat should not be fed standard food by the way, she should be on kitten food. In fact she should of been eating kitten food whilst carrying her kittens.

Please buy good quality kitten food asap and make sure she has plenty, she needs to be free fed. This means leaving a bowl of food for her to eat at all times. Also give her fresh drinking water all the time.

Does this cat have a nesting box or where are her kittens ?

Are you weighing the kittens to check each is gaining weight every day ? Is there a runt ? Is mum feeding all the kittens ?

These kittens also need testing for Felv and Fiv (I am assuming this as you ignored my last set of questions) before adoption.

Also your cat will be able to get pregnant again within a few days...keep her inside until she is spayed. As money is no problem, please arrange for her to be done asap.

carole
07-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Jenny with all due respect, I believe her cat and kittens are not in a risk situation at all, infact I think they are blessed compared with some poor kitties lives.

I also might add one can educate, inform, give an opinion in a friendly manner and still get the point across IMO.(which I believe you have done)

People are saying this poor cat, what is poor about her, she is well fed, loved and is getting vet care, she is living a better life than most kitties and some human beings infact.

I was also under the impression Jolly had been to the vet and was checked out, correct me if I am wrong.

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by carole
Jenny with all due respect, I believe her cat and kittens are not in a risk situation at all, infact I think they are blessed compared with some poor kitties lives.
This cat was delibrately bred by someone who has no knowledge about breeding and refuses to learn from others who know better than her, this is not a blessed situation. :(

I was also under the impression Jolly had been to the vet and was checked out, correct me if I am wrong.
Sadly you are wrong, the last vet based comment was
"if something is truly wrong with my cat, I will take it to the vet!"

So this cat has not had the essential post labour checkup. :(

tvt
07-14-2005, 05:45 PM
ok, to the last post, if your gonna be rude, then im gonna be rude right back...okay?
1st...Yes it was a planned pregnancy, and for your information, yes I did read up on all of that stuff, I read what to feed her, how to take care of her, and guess what, all her babys came out fine!
2nd....All these cats already have homes, so stop telling me about how many cats dont have homes, these do!
3rd...Im sorry that no where I EVER read said anything about bleeding, THATS why I was worried, so get your panties out of a wad, and stop being rude! Theres no need for it! But trust me, I can be alot ruder! I didnt come on here to have people be rude and talk about how im not a good pet owner and how kittens dont have homes, I take GOOD care of this cat, and I could care less what anyone things, I feel good in my heart and I know im doing a good job! So..if your gonna be rude, please....just dont even reply, I dont have time to read your smart remarks!

**Jolly....The vets say she's fine, and thats its normal, and that she may leak for up to 2 weeks, and if she stops eating then to bring her in, shes in there right now with her 4 little beautiful babys purring like a motorboat!

I dont know how much more I will post b/c I am sick of these jerks being rude, and I have a attitude, and im really NOT wanting to show it, but if one more person crosses me the wrong way, I swear to my good lord above,.....It WONT be pretty! I am worried about my cat and dont need people making smart remarks 2 me!

You go, girl!!!
I'm having the same problem with kittycats_delight and a couple others.
I have learned the hard way- don't ask!!! Just read the 1000's of other posts and HOPE your question is covered. If not- don't ask!!! You WILL be reprimanded for SOMETHING you said even if they have to twist it to make you look bad.
I didn't realize kittycats_delight owned this website or I'd NEVER signed up.

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by tvt
I have learned the hard way- don't ask!!! Just read the 1000's of other posts and HOPE your question is covered. If not- don't ask!!! You WILL be reprimanded for SOMETHING you said even if they have to twist it to make you look bad.

This site is filled with knowledgable people.

Just think from a logical point of view :-

If the majority of cat lovers are trying to educate new members about the perils of back yard breeding or declawing, shouldn't you think carefully about the facts being presented ?

At the end of the day, we post out of concern for the cats in question, if we didn't care....we wouldn't post.

You might feel attacked as so many people oppose your current beliefs. However if you listen to the good points being made with an open mind, you will learn more about your cat(s) than you ever need to know.

The more you learn about breeding, rescue, declawing and behaviour, the more you'll understand why the majority of people hold the views they do.

catmandu
07-14-2005, 05:54 PM
THE FOUND CATS,AND I ARE PRAYING,FOR THAT MOM CAT,AND KITTENS,AND PRAY,THAT THEY ARE AS WELL,AS POUNCETTE,AND HER LITTLE WONDERS.

PHOTOS,VERY SOON.

Karen
07-14-2005, 05:56 PM
kittycats_delight does NOT own this website.

Paul and I do. Lock, stock and barrell. If anyone has a problem with a specific member, they can always contact me through a Private Message.

Everyone should remember to be polite, new members and old members alike. The one thing we are passionate about here is our love of animals. That expresses itself in disagreements, sometimes, which is unfortunate.

I am glad Jolly has seen the vet, and the vet has okayed her health.

We all wish only the best for her and her kittens. We are all glad they have homes already, and are glad you rescued Jolly in the first place.

Do not post angrily. A post written in anger rarely accomplishes anything but upsetting yourself and others. Any points you try to make get lost in the emotion. If you are angry, go play with your kitty for ten minutes before you post.

I thank those of you who have posted politely, even when trying to get your point across. That matters a lot.

ainslee_breann_sr06, I am going to send you a PM.

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Karen,

The owner last post(s) say that she hadn't taken this cat to the vets.

Did she PM you and say different ?

I ask as I would feel a lot better, if I knew Jolly had seen a vet and got the all clear.

Karen
07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Karen,

The owner last post(s) say that she hadn't taken this cat to the vets.

Did she PM you and say different ?

I ask as I would feel a lot better, if I knew Jolly had seen a vet and got the all clear.

It's part of the 15th post down on the first page.

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Karen
It's part of the 15th post down on the first page.
I know she posted that her dad was GOING TO take the cat in and then on page three she backtracked and said

"We have called the vet 3 or 4 times about Jolly and each time he said no dont bring her in, therefor I am going to take his advice!"

And that is why I said get a second opinion, as a good small animal vet will insist on a post labour visit, which this cat hasn't had yet :(

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
In order to get an appointment at the vet, u have to call right? I called, 2 vets, and both said shes fine until she stops eating, and if that happens bring her in! So why would I take my cat up there after they said shes fine? She's eating like a hog! And for your information, u have made another assumption, Jolly has been eating kitten food ever since she was bred...I posted that in a previous post! She has access to food anytime she wants...and water, I dont hold food back from my cats, they eat freely! Jolly will not get pregnant again, b/c she is our only inside cat, she never sees the outdoors, our other 3 cats practically stay outside, but Jolly dosent like outside, so she stays in! Jolly is very well taken care of! Stop telling me to take my cat to the vet, do u think I would just not take her if something was wrong? She is FINE! So stop stressing on that! Leave me alone if your gonna be rude, I appreciate u are trying to give you "helpful" comments, but ur doing so rudely, so dont give them 2 me? OK? Anyone who wants to be polite...I will be polite back! Now as for saying I am immature for getting defensive over my cat, say that! I am not one to sit here and let ANYONE run over me! I dont care who u are, u could be the President, but......your not gonna run over me and expect me to say nothing....sorry thats what u enjoy doing, but....not gonna happen here!

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 06:36 PM
The kitten food comment was a fact not an assumption.
I'm pleased, she is being fed proper kitten food.

I am also pleased you intend on keeping her safely inside with you. However it is still good to get an inside cat spayed as there are health benefits to being altered and she'll not try to escape your home whilst in heat to look for a mate.

You mentioned you had home for these kittens, which is good.

If any of these homes fall though and you end up rehoming any of these kittens to strangers, please charge them an adoption fee to weed out the weridios and do a home check before letting the kitten go. These points don't apply if the kittens end up with family or friends.

If your local vets are happy not to see your cat, so be it. However it is not standard care, these vets aren't large animal vets by any chance ? (Which would explain the difference in attitude to a small animal vets)

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 06:39 PM
yes, they are large, we called the largest one here, and in a town close to us! They do their job well to, so dont bad mouth them! We dont plan on giving our kittens to any unfit homes!

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
I appreciate u are trying to give you "helpful" comments, but ur doing so rudely, so dont give them 2 me?

Unlike yourself, I am not rude in my posts. Direct ...Yes. Rude...No.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ainslee_breann_sr06 yes, they are large, we called the largest one here, and in a town close to us! They do their job well to, so dont bad mouth them! We dont plan on giving our kittens to any unfit homes!
I think we have crossed wires in my last question. When I said small animal and large animal vets, I'm not referring to the size of the vet practice but to the type of animal seen as standard within the clinic.

A large animal vets, tends to see horses, cows, pigs etc usually on farms. Like my aunty's dairy farm. These vets have a more callous attitude to small animals, like cats and dogs.

A small animal vets, only see dogs and cats and other small animals and are well versed in small animals medicine.

If your vet opinions are from large animal vets only, I would strongly suggest one opinion from a small animal vet as they are the experts in cats & dogs.

If your vet opinions are from the small animal vets, just keep a very close eye on Jolly.

carole
07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
This post just goes around and around in circles, I believe Jenny has posted some very informative posts for you, and has been polite all along,although I do not share all of your views Jenny, I certainly respect them., for our young poster it would we wise for you do as well IMO.

I think Karen our founder and moderator of PT has said it all really, if you cannot post politely then you should not post at all.

Jenny I think the cats and kittens are blessed in the fact they have homes to go to, they appear to have care,food,shelter and love, alot do not, I consider my neighbours cats and kittens to be at high risk, they live outside permanently, have no vaccinations, no flea treatment or worm treatment to my knowledge, and get fed once a day in a big bowl they share, they are neither spayed or neutered, and although I have tryed to edcuate this woman, I have failed and I have my hands tied, legally I can do nothing, she can continue breeding kittens galore and their is nothing I can do about it, now to me that is what I consider neglect and poor care of animals, it just does not compare to our young poster.

I wish to make this clear, I am not taking any sides here, and I do not agree with her breeding her cat, but what is done is done, and at least she seems to be doing the responsible thing here, by now spaying Jolly and has found good homes for the kittens,that really is my whole point, to berate her for doing that seems senseless to me.

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 06:57 PM
I do agree with you Carole. There are cats in worse situations and this poster is very young. I just want to give her the facts she needs to hopefully make the right decisions for her cats in the future.

carole
07-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Jenny you are one who has posted in a polite manner, I think everything you have said is of good use to her, and that is just my whole point, we can all help her if we just do it in the right way.:)

I just think being rude, abusive or anything in that manner is not productive to anyone,it just puts her on the defensive and really achieves absolutely nothing.

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by carole
I just think being rude, abusive or anything in that manner is not productive to anyone,it just puts her on the defensive and really achieves absolutely nothing.
I totally agree, which is why my declawing forum is very calm in attitude considering the issue in question. I insist on factual points not insults as only facts are relevent.

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-14-2005, 07:13 PM
I misunderstood the question my bad, I thought she meant large as in...company wise...Both vets called were small animal vets, but the largest ones in town.....sorry

PayItForward
07-14-2005, 07:23 PM
I misunderstood the question my bad, I thought she meant large as in...company wise...Both vets called were small animal vets, but the largest ones in town.....sorry
No need to be sorry, it is easy to misunderstand a written post.

Glad that the vet opinions were small animal vets, as I said just keep a very close eye on Jolly.

furrykidsmother
07-14-2005, 07:27 PM
This thread really does seem to have gotten a bit out of control. I just hope that Jolly Anne and babies are well. Let's try to get back on more of a positive note. Let's see Momma & baby pictures and try to give guidance rather than critisism. I am not faulting anyone, but I hate to see such a beautiful place as PT turned into an unhappy place.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-15-2005, 03:54 AM
I am not faulting anyone, but I hate to see such a beautiful place as PT turned into an unhappy place. [/B]

Well said - the posting did get very unpleasant from both sides. She may have done the "wrong" thing in some eyes but at least she had the sense to ask for advice. Like you, I hope the next posting will show us some beautiful kitty pictures

lv4dogs
07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry I got rude for commenting to things that just didn't seem to add up at all. Like I said before I am glad you are seeking out info. and taking care of the kitties.
Like others have said this is the wrong start for a PT welcome and its also not a common thing. We like to try to keep it a happy place yet at the same time we also have to take into consideration the best interest of the cat(s). I guess when the info didn't match at first & the heat kicked in I guess it all went our heads.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-15-2005, 10:22 AM
I guess when the info didn't match at first & the heat kicked in I guess it all went our heads.

All done for the best of reasons though - a mummy cat and her 4 lovely babies

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-15-2005, 01:03 PM
yeah, it would of helped if you wouldnt have made so many assumptions, and asked before u got rude! thats what upset me!

kittycats_delight
07-15-2005, 01:22 PM
A lot of times assumptions are made unfortunately. But instead of getting angry and things ending up all blown out of proportion sometimes we need to keep a level head and say wait before you judge this is what you don't know. But we and I think almost everyone is guilty of this just freak out. It is human nature to defend yourself and that is what you did. We want to help Jolly not start a war with you over misunderstandings. So please instead of the fighting let's concentrate on Jolly and her babies and do what is best for them.

How is Jolly today? Is she still spoting blood or has she stopped? How is her appetite good? How are the babies? Are they all growing and eating? Make sure to check if there is a runt cause usually the bigger kittens will push this one aside from the food.

Please let us know how everything is going.

Michelle

tvt
07-15-2005, 01:27 PM
I would like to add my apologies to one and all as well, please.

I especially want to apologize to kittycats_delight. You were right, I got slanderous, and I am VERY wrong and VERY sorry.

I wanted this website to work for me as a source of research and information, but it hasn't worked out the best. I learned the idea of using bubble pop on furniture, and I learned one cat scratch post is not the same as all the others just because they are made with the same materials , but I also made a lot of enemies instead of catloving friends.

Welp, I'm out of here. You all keep trying to help our 4-legged pets the best you can.

Thanks for everything: tvt, Mystery, Lexi, and Chief

kittycats_delight
07-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I want to thank you for the apology and I also apologize for any personal remarks I have made to you. But you do not need to leave this site. It is an amazing place and I assure you will get any and all help we can offer. There are people here who have dealt with any and every possible situation, disease and behavioral problems. There are members who have 20-30 years experience. For your cats stay in touch and ask for advice if you need it. We will give it freely and without prejudice. No grudges are held here. When you have many different people you will have many different opinions and sometimes things get blown out of proportion. Please don't abandon this amazing website and the great people that are here.

Michelle

luvofallhorses
07-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
I want to thank you for the apology and I also apologize for any personal remarks I have made to you. But you do not need to leave this site. It is an amazing place and I assure you will get any and all help we can offer. There are people here who have dealt with any and every possible situation, disease and behavioral problems. There are members who have 20-30 years experience. For your cats stay in touch and ask for advice if you need it. We will give it freely and without prejudice. No grudges are held here. When you have many different people you will have many different opinions and sometimes things get blown out of proportion. Please don't abandon this amazing website and the great people that are here.

Michelle

:)

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Jolly is fine, no more blood, she spotted that one day, and then after that, no more! Shes eating fine....There is not a runt...they were all the same size just about, all are doing fine, im leaving to go on Vacation with my fiancee and family, so my papow is gonna take care of her while im gone! I hate to have to leave her, it breaks my heart in fact, but a promise is a promise and I cant break plans with his family...so... If I dont post for a while, thats why!

Karen
07-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Hope Jolly and her kittens are well while you are away. Then we expect kitten pictures!

kittycats_delight
07-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Yes kitten pictures and Jolly pictures when you return. Have a great vacation and we will be thinking of Jolly and her babies and keeping fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed they are all well while you are away.