PDA

View Full Version : Bonsai Kittens

MichelleN
02-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Has anyone heard of this? I won't send the web address (way too graphic) but there is a hoax that you can buy kittens in bottles that will keep the shape of the bottle when the bottle is broken. :(

I received a chain mail to protest against it, but now I've received a follow up that it's a hoax.

SICK, SICK people out there!!!:mad: :mad:

Former User
02-20-2002, 01:54 AM
Michelle and others, DO NOT believe it, it's all big crap! The webpage was done by and idiot and last year already I read that FBI was after the webmaster. Don't know where the situation stands now but do not believe it!

dragonchilde
02-20-2002, 09:27 PM
Bonsai Kitten was originally created by a couple of bored MIT students with too much free time.

No kittens are actually mashed into a jar...the cat is pressed up against a piece of glass, then the picture is edited to look like the cat is in the jar. I saw a picture done exactly the same with with a guy's face.

Its a joke. A sick one, yes, but only a joke.

MichelleN
02-21-2002, 01:58 AM
I received am email from the person saying it was a hoax and NY SPCA is trying to close it down but I was still worrying about the kitten pictures. I'm glad to hear that the pictures are a hoax as well.

On a sadder note, our South African SPCA is having to close down branches due to lack of funds. We don't have any no-kill shelters and only a few breed rescues through the breed's club. VERY SAD.

Heather Wallace
02-21-2002, 06:25 AM
This is quite sad isn't it?

Former User
02-21-2002, 07:35 AM
Oh yes Chuck, and all the xxx stuff...

Britt
11-27-2002, 04:56 PM
Whats really sad about this all is that some people that are a lil dumb may think this is cool, and decide to try it to their kitten. even though they can stop the fake site.. some people may think its real! :( :mad: