PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Foster Mom :)

Craftlady
07-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Junior, ( we call her that amoung ourselves because she looks like Eleanor) is female stray unaltered. We just call her "kitty" because it's universal. I'm not naming because then I'd be more attached. She belonged to renters across street but they neglected her. 3 neighbors on our side of street were feeding her plus us. She decided that we should take care of her in time of need. She aborted 2 kittens. We took her to a local vet in town (ours was to far away). He gave us antibotic. Told us to watch her because it would be soon for the remaining one. 1 hr later she aborted again.

We are working with a rescue group that operates out of PetSmart on a regular basis. Tomorrow (weather permitting plus we might have plumber coming to dig tomorrow) we are meeting up near PetSmart in KY. They spay/neuter at a vet in Cincinnati Ohio. Since we are further away, she offered to meet. They do surgerys on Tuesdays. We could wait till next week if needed because she probably wont go into heat by then. I hope to get this all figured out this week. I had an appt with local vet her in 2 weeks ($79. Of course the neighbors who have been feeding her turned their backs so financial is on us.

I have a coupon from the county shelter up there for $25 towards spay. They charge $30 so it will be $5 for us. They will test her first ($10) sure beats $35 (our vet charges) $42 (local vet here charges). All goes well she will be spayed and returned to us the next day.

Since she is young, it will be easy to adopt her out. More than likely we will only have her until she recovers from surgery. Since we were keeping her in the basement in a rather cool hotel set up. She moved up in the spot for PetSmart.

Pray for negative results (they wont take her if she is postive, to hard to place).

P.S. She tested negative and is being spayed tomorrow. She is spending the night at the clinic. We will meet at PetSmart tomorrow night (8 p.m) and bring her home.

I plan on introducing her to our gang of three but not right away. She needs to rest. When time is right, I will let her play upstairs but she will sleep downstairs in basement hotel we have set up. Photo to follow. This is one they will use on petfinder site.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Jr/jrbasket.jpg

G535
07-13-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't know how you foster mothers do this, I think you're all amazing. I would find it impossible to give a cat or kitten away if it stayed with me even for a short time. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-13-2005, 02:31 AM
Yesterday my hubby brought home this wonderfull message: this afternoon, we will have a quick linch, and the leave for France! The weather seems good enough now :) .I hope to drive all the way to Notmandy and even Brittany!!I will miss PT so much....! In the meantime my sis-in-law will take good care of Lizzie Jane.there is a big chance that we will adopt her then!! (see CAT RESCUE)

catmandu
07-13-2005, 09:41 AM
MAYBE,ITSJUST ME,BUT I THINK,THAT IF I HAD A WONDERFUL CAT,LIKE JUNIOR,I WOULD NEVER LETHER GO.

OF COURSE,THAT IS WHY,I HAVE SO MANY CATS,11,EVEN WITH BIG RAGNAR,AND POUNCETTE,MOVING OUT.

JUNIOR,REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE A KEEPER,TO ME.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture526.jpg

I WOULD LOVE,TO HAVE GARY,THE KITTN,BUT HE,HAS ALL BEEN FALLEN,IN LOVE WITH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture526.jpg

YES,I AM SWEET.

furrykidsmother
07-13-2005, 10:17 AM
What an adorable picture. Glad to hear of the good test results!! Best of luck to her to find her furrever home! Maybe she already has (?).

Shady
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by G535
I don't know how you foster mothers do this, I think you're all amazing. I would find it impossible to give a cat or kitten away if it stayed with me even for a short time. :)

Same here. Amazing then some.

I admire your work in fostering. You have to be some kind of extra special people to do this.

Kudos.

Craftlady
07-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by furrykidsmother
What an adorable picture. Glad to hear of the good test results!! Best of luck to her to find her furrever home! Maybe she already has (?).

3 is our limit. Our resources (hubby, school teacher and I am not working) we can feed, vet bill and vet insurance three comfortably. The rescue group said she will be placed very easely because of her young age, that makes us feel good. :)

jenluckenbach
07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
She is absolutely stunning!! I am glad she tested negative! :)