PDA

View Full Version : There really are wonderful people out there...

CalliesMom
07-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I was put in charge of finding homes for eight cats that came in to the vet school with URIs. Someone dropped them off and I, of course, grew instantly attached. It was one of those situations that if I didn't find them placement by a certain time frame they were all going to be euthanized. :(

WELL, one was adopted on Thursday by a wonderful family with three children, two were adopted on Sunday from our spay/neuter clinic by a vet student, one is going home to another vet student to be socialized, and four have found placement in a rescue. :) :) :) Be it these are three/four year old cats (everyone seems to want a kitten) and when I sent out a mass email throughout the vet school not a single person responded. By the kindness of two people's hearts, I was able to save these wonderful boys. I'm so happy that I cried when the first one was adopted out...they deserved so much better than what they had experienced in life. YAY for all those kind, wonderful souls out there!!!!

moosmom
07-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Calliesmom,

GREAT JOB!!!!!! ;)

kuhio98
07-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Great job, Callie! If you have contact with any of them again, please tell them about Pet Talk. They sound like OUR kinda people! :D

catmandu
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
THAT ALWAYS PUZZLES,AND ALARMS ME,AS THEY ARE ONLY GOING,TO BE KITTENS,FOR SUCH A SMALL PERCENTAGE,OF THIER LIVES. I HAVE,THE FEELING,THAT IS WHY,WHEN YOU GO,INTO THESE CAT ADOPTION PLACES,THERE ARE SO MANY ONE,TO THREE YEAR OLD CATS,THAT SDALY HAVE OUTGROWN,THIER KITTEN HOOD.
I LOVE MY OLDER CATS.I LOVE SCRAPPY 2,OF COURSE,BUT I WILL STILL LOVE HER,WHEN SHES 64,IN CAT YEARS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture507.jpg

momcat
07-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Many cheers to you for a job well done, CalliesMom!!!!! Yes, there really are wonderful people out there. But I thought you already knew that being that you're one of them.

Groucho wants me to tell you that the applause from his paws is JUST FOR YOU!!!!!

jenluckenbach
07-12-2005, 07:26 PM
WOO HOO!!! Congratulations.

Craftlady
07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Congrats on all the placements :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-13-2005, 04:04 AM
And YAY for you too!!! Well done

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Bless you for caring for these older boys! It is so sad to see older cats being pushed aside just because they arent kittens.

The oldsters can be just as cute and loving!!

Cataholic
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
You are right, there really are wonderful people out there. YOU are one of them for doing such a great deed! Way to GO!!!

rg_girlca
07-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
You are right, there really are wonderful people out there. YOU are one of them for doing such a great deed! Way to GO!!!

Very well said. :D DITTO!!