PDA

View Full Version : Dog Toys

benji
07-12-2005, 05:45 PM
We are trying to locate a Garfield toy for our Benji. They use to sell them at Pet Smart but have discontinued them about a year or two ago. This toy is a plastic Garfield (the cat) uper body with a round lower body that is covered with a sheep skin like cloth. The Garfield squeeks when they bite it. Our Benji just turned 17 and LOVES these toys. We would give him one each year for his birthday and were not able to do so this year. If anyone knows what store or where we would be able to find one please let us know or post the information on this site. Benji went through chemo therapy the fall of 2003 to spring 2004 for malignant lymphoma of the colon and is doing very well. Benji means the world to us and we are REALLY trying to locate the toy that he loves the most. ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Benji's Parents.

PJ's Mom
07-19-2005, 12:29 AM
I haven't been able to find the toy but I wanted to welcome you and Benji to PT.

We'd love to see some pictures of your boy. :)

benji
07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi PJ's mom,

I am trying to find out how to post a picture of Benji on this page. I am not very computer literate and cannot seem to get Benji's picture on here. We have pictures of him on our computer and of the toy. If you know how you do this it would be appreciated. I saw the IMG above that said Insert an image into your message but that doesn't help. We adopted Benji from my wife's uncle about 8 years ago and he is now 17 year of age but still thinks he is a puppy. He truly looks like a Benji. I hope to figure this picture thing out soon so we can post his picture. This is a great web site for all. I just hit the Browse below and tried to add two pictures of Benji. Please let me know if this worked?

Cheers,

Benji's Parents

Michael & Tracey

Bigyummydog
07-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi, I'd love to see pics of your BENJI as well and of course, welcome you to PT.

benji
07-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Thanks PJ's mom and Bigyummydog for the welcome. Once I figure out the picture thing I will post Benji's picture. We have some great pictures of him and his toys.

Cheers,

Benji's Parents

PJ's Mom
07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi Michael and Tracey. :)

You can post a picture two ways.

The first is to use the "attach file" option at the bottom of the reply window. Click the "browse" button and it will take you to your computer and you can search for the picture you want to include.

The next way is to upload your picture to a site like

Imagestation (http://www.imagestation.com) or Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com). Then, you just copy the line that starts with [img] and paste it in your post.

:)

Hope that helps a little. :)

benji
07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks P.J.'s mom,

We will try this some tonight and hopefully we will have Benji's picture up on the system. Thanks for your help.

Benji's Parents

benji
07-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Here we go again....I am going to try and post a picture of Benji on this and hopefully it works.

benji
07-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi PJ's mom (if you are viewing),

Thanks for your help with this. I posted an attachment with a picture of Benji and you can see one of his Garfield toys we are trying to locate sitting to the right of him. I saw that you are in Austin Texas. We have relatives on Lake Austin and we have been down there many times. Great part of the world. Feels like Texas up here this year as we have not had rain in some time and have not had to heat the pool. The air conditioner has been running non stop for almost 2 months (but we love it). Thanks again for your help. If you happen to know where we can locate a Garfield please pass on the information.

Cheers,

Michael & Tracey
Benji's Parents

Bigyummydog
07-20-2005, 07:04 PM
BENJI is too sweet. You might want to post him in Dog General. I'm sure everyone would not want to miss seeing him. And don't worry about the picture thing. You'll figure it out faster than you think. I have a couple places that I will look for Garfield. I'll let you know if I find anything.

elizabethann
07-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Benji is adorable. I hope you can find a Garfield toy. Did you try ebay?

elizabethann
07-20-2005, 08:04 PM
This was on ebay:

item # 7701298621
Lot of Two Cute Vinyl Garfield Odie Dog Toys NIP

benji
07-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi Elizabethann,

Thank you very much for the information. The Garfield on ebay was the one Benji loves. I just bought it and should get it in a while provided I did everything right. I will try and post some more of Benji's pictures on the sight. I love the picture that I am going to try and attach because it looks like he is laughing (he is yawning). Again thank you sooooo much for the help. If you come across any more of these Garfields anywhere please let us know as he plays with every one he gets and loves getting a new one. Benji has had a new lease on life since completing the chemo therapy. Talk with you all soon.

Benji's Parents

jesse_3
07-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Benji is just too cute!!

I'm sorry, but I do not know where any Garfield toys are. I will keep my eyes open for one though, and let you know if I find one!

By-the-way, Welcome to Pet Talk! I am sure that you will love it here! Everyone is very, VERY nice and welcoming! We would all love to see more pics of your furbabe too!

Steph and Jes

benji
07-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi Steph & Jes

Thanks for the compliment....we think Benji is quite special and cute as well but then again all dogs are cute and special family members. Everyone on this site has been soooo helpful and friendly that it's amazing. We ordered the one toy the other day. Benji has about 12 Garfields already but loves getting new ones. Each day a different one is his favorite. He has two baskets of toys he won't touch. It's always Garfield! I am getting the hang of this picture thing and will try to post a couple of pictures at once. Wish me luck.

Cheers and thanks to all,

Michael & Tracey
Benji's Parents

benji
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Well that didn't work as planned....here is another picture of Benji. I will get this thing right one of these days. Please send pictures of you little family members as well. All the responses we have received have been greatly appreciated and we loved seeing the pictures of your (as we put it) children with a fur problem.

Thanks again to all I'm sure we will talk soon,

Michael & Tracey
Benji's Parents

PJ's Mom
07-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Benji! You sure are a cutie. :) It's hard to tell you're 17. I'm glad Elizabethann found a Garfield toy for you and I'm even more glad your Mom and Dad learned how to post pictures so we can see you. :D

benji
07-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi PJ's mom,

Benji say's thanks for the compliment. Benji doesn't know he will be getting a new Garfield soon. We would have loved to get it for his birthday but as long as he gets one that's all that counts. Is PJ as spoiled as Ben? My wife has had dogs in the past but Benji is my first fuzzy friend and family member. I know it will kill me when (we won't go there)....Benji is in great shape and the vet calls him the little wonder dog. Got to run. There are so many great people in this site. It's nice to know that so many people feel this way about their little friends.

Cheers,

Benji's Parents

PJ's Mom
07-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Peej is certainly spoiled, but we wouldn't have them any other way, right? :D

Benji is a doll and I can tell he's very loved. :)

benji
07-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi PJ's mum,

Benji just got his new Garfield in the mail today. He is beside himself. He hadn't eaten today and as soon as we gave him the Garfield he started to play with it. He tossed it he rolled it and played catch with us all the time with a great big smile. After that he finished all of his meal. Thanks for the help.

Benji's Parents

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
:) It's hard to tell you're 17.

17? Really? Benji you look wonderful - obviously much loved and well cared for. Enjoy your new toy sweetheart

cute_pup
07-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey i am new too and i just found out how to post pics.

Another way of doing this is by copying the original place of the pic, then press on the IMG icon and paste, sorry if i confused u!!!LOL

Hope this helps, benj is sooooo cute!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid179/p6f540b9333c47d11bcb41a5dcd55b2be/f3122f45.jpg

That is my Pup bonnie!!!!!!!

benji
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Hi Brody's Mum,

Benji says thanks for the compliment. We can't believe he is 17 either. We feel we are so blessed. He doesn't look a day older than the day we adopted him from my wifes uncle. The vet calls him the miracle dog since he finished his last chemo treatment March 2004. Benji just had another check up this past month and they gave him the OK to be checked again in 4 to 6 months. Benji was quite pissed at us this month as we had his teeth cleaned. We were not sure if we should do it given his age but he came through like a trooper. That is why it was so important that we got him another Garfield. If anyone happens to know of another Garfield toy we would like to buy him one for Christmas.

Cheers,

Benji's Parents

benji
07-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi cute_pup,

Bonnie is very cute what kind of dog is Bonnie? Welcome to Pet of the Day. Even though we are new everyone is very nice and helpful here. Thanks for the advice. We may pick up a computer book for dummies to brush up on things. I will try that the next time I post a picture of Benji.

Cheers,

Benji's Parents

cute_pup
07-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey, Bonnie is a lab, he is crossed with something but the adoption centre didnt know what.:rolleyes:. And everybody here is very nice and helpful.:) :) :)

benji
08-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Cute_pup,

Bonnie looks cute and very well loved. I'm happy to hear that everyone you are dealing with is so nice. They really are very special family members are they not?

Cheers,

Benji's Parents