PDA

View Full Version : Dixie, a new special friend for you!

QueenChyna
07-12-2005, 01:24 PM
:D my horse, Dixie, has a stud friend, and his name is Chocolate! hehe, he is my friends stud i cannot take any pictures of them because my dad went on a fishing trip, and took the digital camera with him! grr~ but anyway, i am excited, hopefully she will get pregnant! :D

QueenChyna
07-13-2005, 11:19 AM
but my one neighbor doesn't think she will breed?!!? but i don't see why she wouldn't she says because she is a small horse, but i think that is crap, please help?

QueenChyna
07-15-2005, 01:07 AM
ok, well i would really like some comments.....

little_critter
07-15-2005, 09:29 AM
aww! i bet u r so excited!!!! do u have any pictures of them????
: ) :) :) :) :) :)
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love beki (littlecritter)

CathyBogart
07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Why did you decide to breed her?

luvofallhorses
07-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by CathyBogart

That is the same question I have..

kittycats_delight
07-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by CathyBogart

Me three...why?

QueenChyna
07-15-2005, 02:43 PM
ok, well i am breeding her because partially, my dad says i need to make some money off my horse, so he wants to breed her, plus i need to do something with her, all i do is ride her, and of coarse clean up after her, and all of that stuff.
Plus i have been planing to get her bred for a few years now, and now i have the time.
but i can't understand why my neighbor doesn't think she will breed, because she is a small bred horse, so i am confused about that.
I said before i would not be able to take pictures, but once i find the digital camera that my dad brought home from their trip, i will take pictures of them!:D

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2005, 03:37 PM
my dad says i need to make some money off my horse,
:eek: That's not a real good reason to breed your horse! :eek:

luvofallhorses
07-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
:eek: That's not a real good reason to breed your horse! :eek:

I agree..

Suki Wingy
07-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Remember guys, breeding horses is MUCH different from breeding dogs. Cross-breeds and mixes are incuraged in show rings, and conformation (halter) classes are not that popular. There is not an overpopulation of horses. I actually intend on breeding dilute and pseudo-albino thoroughbred horses in the future, and make enough to support my dogs and Dalmatian breeding program. (which is almost always takes money and is only to be done with extreme caution and only to better the breed.)
If you are ready to take care of a mare in foal (and remember, they can be ridden almost up untill they foal) and have a little extra money set aside in case of medical problems, it should be ok.

animal_rescue
07-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Suki Wingy is right, actually my riding instructer is planning to breed Dot probably next year.. good luck with your mare!

luvofallhorses
07-15-2005, 05:56 PM
ok sorry then

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2005, 06:16 PM
It does sound kind of shocking to hear you breed your horse to make money! Maybe if it was worded differently? ;)

CagneyDog
07-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by QueenChyna
, all i do is ride her, and of coarse clean up after her, and all of that stuff.

Isn't this what everyone does with their horse? Ride her, care for her? Why are you feeling a need to do more?!?

Congratulations, I cant wait to see pictures...

QueenChyna
07-15-2005, 11:30 PM
well, ok ya, that was kinda worded weird.
Isn't this what everyone does with their horse? Ride her, care for her? Why are you feeling a need to do more?!?
well i don't really feel a need to do more, but i just need to do more things with her, well even that was worded weird, but i hope you guys know what i mean, I don't know exactly how to explain it...
ya i know, i have to be riding dixie, a much as i can, so yes, i hope all of this goes well, and hopefully nothing will be bad about this:D

thankyou all:D

Suki Wingy
07-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Oh! What color is she again? And the stallion? Maybe I can check my color genetics book for you to see what the odds are for each color.

cocker_luva
07-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Remember guys, breeding horses is MUCH different from breeding dogs.

yea they only have one (or rarely two) babies at a time.

QueenChyna
07-17-2005, 12:20 AM
well, i will take pictures, whenever i find the camera, i don't know where my dad put it! GRRR! Dixie is like a dark chocolaty color, but she always lightens up in the summer! hehe