PDA

View Full Version : Cats & Hurricanes

may51380
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
This past weekend we got some of the outter bands from Hurricane Dennis. Beth and Lulu, now hurricane veterans from last years hurricanes Frances and Jeanne, started to show my new kitty, Joey, the hurricane prodecures. As the 50 mph winds whistled through, Joey did not seem to noticed. Actually he slept thru most of it. But Lulu took the protective mama role. Anytime you heard that wind, she would run to Joey (who was sleeping on the couch) and stand over him with her head laid ontop of his, as to protect him. Even my Beth (who is always fighting with Joey) took this position when Lulu was not around him. Last year during the 2 storms, I had 8 cats (took in family members cats) myself and my cousin all in my master closet. That was fun! I guess Bath and Lulu know the closet as the "safe" room. As soon as Joey woke from his napping, Beth and Lulu pratically pushed him into the back corner of the closet and squished him between them selves for about 2 hrs. Hopefully Joey will do well this hurricane season. I am already starting to get ready for Huricanne Emily and the next depression right after her.. Looks like we could get hit again! At least I know that my girls will take care of my little Joey.

furrykidsmother
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
How sweet that is and how very smart your girls are!! Hope the season isn't to bad, stay safe!!!

may51380
07-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Here's a pic of Beth and Lulu, guess Lulu didn't want her pic taken, she stuck her tonge out at me!http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/may51380/cats.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Aw............., how sweet is that !!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
07-12-2005, 06:32 PM
That is so sweet. My cats are hurricane veterans too. We got hit by Charley, Frances, and Jeanne last year.

momcat
07-12-2005, 07:42 PM
How sweet is that! Beth and Lulu protecting little Joey like that. This is another reason why we love our kitties so much!!!!!

catmandu
07-12-2005, 07:57 PM
THE FOUND CATS,ARE PRAYING,THAT NONE,OF THIER AMERICAN COUSIN CATS,ARE HURT,OR HOMLESS,FROM THOSE TERRIBLE,TERRIBLE STORMS,AND THAT ALL THE PETS,AND THIER GUARDIANS,ARE SAFE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture507.jpg