PDA

View Full Version : I need some help/advice PLEASE!!!

Samantha Puppy
07-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I am sorry I've gotten so behind in posting updates and pictures of Sushi, Kirin, Maya and Kimi. I will try to have some soon. In the meantime, I'm wondering if you could help me out so that the two baby girls might live to see their first birthday. Here's what's up:

We have moved the litter boxes. The boys, Sushi and Kirin, have adapted just fine to this as they weren't moved far - just into the next room. The babies, however, don't understand. When my husband moved them, we made a point of showing ALL the cats where they were now. As I said, no problem with the boys. But the girls don't get it and keep pooping near where the box used to be. It's driving my husband nuts and every time it happens, a different blood vessel pops in his face (okay, not really but close!). The kicker is that since I'm pregnant, I can't help him in cleaning up any of the "accidents" - and he's getting sick of doing it 3-4-5 times a day... which I have to say, I understand.

What can I do to get the girls to realize that the litter boxes are just 6 feet away from where it was before? Any help/advice would be VERY appreciated...

Jaime

Grace
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Put the cats in the room with the boxes. Shut the door and don't let them out until they learn.

Do you have any utility gloves? Wear them to clean up accidents.

catnapper
07-12-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd put up a temporary second box where the old one was. Then every few days, move it a foot closer to where it SHOULD go. This will give them the idea that the box is moving, and since its done in increments, it should be a more flawless transition.

Cataholic
07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
What Catnapper said...and, I managed through 9 months of box changing while pregnant. Just be smart- wash your hands thoroughly....

catmandu
07-12-2005, 04:23 PM
I WOULD PUT NEWSPAPERS ALL AROUND,AND GET THAT CHEMICAL,THAT DOG OWNERS USE,ON POOP,TO DRY IT OUT,AND MAKES I EASIER,TO HANDLE.
I CANT REMEMBER,WHAT THEY CALL,IT,BUT WE USED IT,WHEN KARINA WAS HERE,AND DID SHE,HAVE THE RUNS.PU.\

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos889.jpg///

Kater
07-12-2005, 04:58 PM
It sounds like you have been given some helpful advice here. I don't have anything to add, but I just wanted to wish you luck! :)

Samantha Puppy
07-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys. Last night, after I got home (and before I read your responses this morning) I cleaned up the poop, sprayed it with "Nature's Miracle", laid down newspaper and then blocked off the little nook where it was. After I cleaned up that mess, I tackled the litter boxes where both Maya and Kimi came in and used them right in front of me (anyone else have cats that love to "go" the second you start scooping?). Anyway instead of getting annoyed, I praised both girls for going potty in the box.

That was at about 3pm yesterday and as of 7am this morning, no new accidents - ANYWHERE in the house! :) If something happens and we do go back to kitty "treats" where they're not supposed to be, I'll try what catnapper suggested... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is it though!!!