PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers... PLEASE!! :(

Samantha Puppy
07-12-2005, 10:26 AM
I would really appreciate any prayers you all could muster up for my uncle and his new wife. Tom and Tammie got married last August and while on their honeymoon, Tammie came down with a nasty chest could she couldn't shake, so Tom made her go to the doctor. The doctor told Tom to take her to her primary care doctor as soon as they got home, which he did. She had advanced lung cancer. She's been fighting it with chemo and radiation since then, but it doesn't appear to be working. My grandmother called my mom last night to update us - Tammie's lost 20 lbs. in the last 2 weeks. She's in constant pain and the doctor said 6 weeks - tops.

I don't know Tammie nearly as well as I'd like to as she lives in Ohio but what I do know of her is that she is a very sweet lady with a great sense of humor and she doesn't deserve this. Neither does my uncle. Please offer up any prayers, good vibes, whatever you have, for Tammie and Tom.

Thanks.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Oh God that is so awful! Sending prayers straight over

Kfamr
07-12-2005, 10:29 AM
That's so horrible, Jaime. :( It breaks my heart that people have to go through such illnesses. I wish the best for Tom and Tammie and i'll surely think of them.

luvofallhorses
07-12-2005, 10:32 AM
:( Prayers on the way from Montana..

furrykidsmother
07-12-2005, 10:38 AM
That is so very sad. Prayers and good thoughts heading their way.

Corinna
07-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Ditto! Is she a canadate for transplant?

Ginger's Mom
07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry to hear that. Prayers and good wishes going out for Tammie and Tom.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Prayers on the way from me too! Such a sad thing!:(

Jadapit
07-12-2005, 11:29 AM
That is so sad!:( Prayers and good thoughts for Tammie and Tom.

Christiansmommy
07-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I am so sorry. Prayers on the way... (((HUGS))))

popcornbird
07-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Oh my gosh. :( I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers for your aunt and family. :(

Pam
07-12-2005, 12:04 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. :( How sad that she and your uncle found happiness only to have it taken away so suddenly. My mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital last month on June 16th for bronchitis. While doing routine x-rays it was found that she had breast cancer and after some more testing she was found to be filled with cancer in other organs. Sadly she passed away on June 25th (just 9 days from her admission to the hospital). The only positive thing that can be said in both cases (hers and Tammie's) is that they both lived with cancer for a while and didn't realize it, so thankfully ( in my MIL's case there was no pain prior to that) and hopefully in Tammie's case that was the case as well even though I realize she is suffering so much now. :( I know the heartbreak of cancer as my brother's wife also lost her battle with cancer this past April. Prayers are on the way for Tammie and more prayers going up for a cure for his horrible disease!

King Spartacus
07-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh, I'm ever so sorry to hear this... just a question... is it both lungs? My brother in law was diagnosed with lung cancer 10 years ago, and they didn't think he'd make it. He now only has part of one lung, and is still going! He's in and out of hospital all the time, but he is also the happies man I've ever met...

No matter what, prayers and good vibes sent from Scotland.

hugs from Sylvie, KS' mom

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

GraciesMommy
07-12-2005, 12:26 PM
How sad...for all the family but especially your uncle and new aunt.
I pray that she can overcome this.

Daisy and Delilah
07-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Bless you all.

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

shais_mom
07-12-2005, 01:17 PM
how sad
prayers on the way

gini
07-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh how tragic. You can be sure I will offer prayers for your Aunt and also your Uncle.

dukedogsmom
07-12-2005, 07:15 PM
That is so very sad. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that she can at least be without pain for a while.

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

Samantha Puppy
07-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Tammie died on Saturday evening.

Thanks to all who sent their prayers her way. My uncle could now really use some.

Karen
07-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Tammie's time of suffering is over, your uncle - and everyone who loved her - will certainly be in our prayers.

furrykidsmother
07-18-2005, 07:42 AM
So very, very sorry to hear that. The only good thing is that she didn't suffer long. Prayers to your Uncle. What a shame!

kittycats_delight
07-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Rest In Peace Tammie. Your time of suffering is done and you can rest easy. You died with the love of a great man and a wonderful family. May you now watch over them.

I am sooo sorry. There are no words that can comfort but your uncle and family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

cyber-sibes
07-18-2005, 08:17 AM
may your family and hers find peace in knowing she isn't suffering anymore. it is very sad that she & your Uncle had such a short time together, many prayers going your way...
(I lost a very close friend to lung cancer last year....and I have to say it was a relief to know her suffering ended - it's a horrible disease)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2005, 08:36 AM
How very sad - we may all be miles apart but your PT family is thinking of you and yours. We are here for you sweetie xxx

finn's mom
07-18-2005, 08:53 AM
I was hoping I wouldn't see those words, I'm so sorry, Jaime. :(

ramanth
07-18-2005, 09:11 AM
I am so very sorry for you, your uncle and family. *HUGS*

How unfair. :( :(

Many prayers for your uncle.

krazyaboutkatz
07-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tammie's passing.:( At least she's not suffering any more. RIP Tammie.:( Lots of prayers are going out to your uncle.

Samantha Puppy
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks, everyone.

My husband and I will be leaving Maryland tomorrow morning for a whirlwind trip to Ohio. We'll get back on Wednesday some time so I won't be around to post until then.

dukedogsmom
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I just now saw the update. I'm so sorry. To have a happy love and then lose it so soon is very sad. I hope your uncle can overcome this and eventually remember happier times.

Pam
07-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I am so sorry to read this. I am sure your uncle is just numb right now. The only positive thing is that she lived with cancer and for the most part didn't realize it. Then when she did, the end came quickly for her. It's hardest on those left behind when their loved one goes so suddenly but much harder on the person when there is a long painful decline. (((Hugs))) to your uncle and your whole family.

captain
07-18-2005, 06:49 PM
OMGoodness ............. how very very sad ...... I am sorry I only noticed this now.

Please accept my prayers across the miles.