PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Spasms in a dog?

Chica
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Chica has a muscle spasm in her back. I see it twitching when she is lying down to rest or sleep. It has been going on for about a month. I took her to the vet today. He doesn't know what could be causing this problem. He prescribed an anti-inflamatory to see if it helps. IF it doesn't help the vet will take x-rays and check blood samples. Has anyone had this problem with a pet. ?????:confused:

beeniesmom
07-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Actually... yes. Beenie has one in her shoulder that I notice from time to time. Usually it's when she is playing catch. In the anticipation of getting the ball she seems to get over agitated. I never thought anything of it.
I hope Chica is ok.

jesse_3
07-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Well, Jesse's stump would have a muscle spasm, but that was right after amputation! The vet warned us that would happen..I'm sorry, I have no further information. I hope that Chica gets better!

Steph and Jes

lizbud
07-12-2005, 12:53 PM
My dog Maggie has a head twitch that was pretty pronounced
when she was a young puppy. I never asked the Vet about it
because I saw that it only happened when she was very tired
and starting to wind down from playing. Maggie hardly ever does
this anymore and when she did it was only when I was petting
her head.I was curious about it, but it doesn't seem to bother
her at all.

Chica
07-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Thank you everybody for your information.:) I will let you know later if this twitch goes away. It does not bother Chica in a harmful way, it just seems to keep her up before she fall into a deeper sleep. Like I said it spasms near her back and neck area when she is lying down to rest. Thanks again. :)

jesse_3
07-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Any news on Chica?