PDA

View Full Version : Home Now - And Surgery Date

NoahsMommy
07-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the prayers this morning. My test went well and while I woke up in horrible pain, they were quick with the meds and I'm feeling a little better now.

I LOVE my surgeon! He's so friendly and really put my fears at ease. He said I'm going to feel A LOT better once I heal...I'm SO looking forward to that! Living a normal life is just around the corner! YAY!

He also said that he'll cut so that the scar is at my bikini line, and the least "ugly" as possible. ;)

So, I'm set for Tuesday, August 9th at 5:30 a.m.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

NoahsMommy
07-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Forgot the details of the surgery...

It'll take 1 1/2 hours and I'll be in the hospital for at least 5 days. All rooms at Cedars are PRIVATE so my mom can stay with me. Yay!! :)

He said it'll take at least 3 weeks until I'm able to work, 4 until I feel back to normal.

:)

luvofallhorses
07-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I am glad that went well and I will pray that your surgery goes well as well so you can be happy and healthy :) (((hugs)))

Edit: That's great that your mom will be able to stay w/ you! :) It will be over before you know it!

jenluckenbach
07-11-2005, 06:43 PM
What kind of surgery will this be? (short memory)

Hope you come out BETTER than new. :D

NoahsMommy
07-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
What kind of surgery will this be? (short memory)

Hope you come out BETTER than new. :D
Doh! Should have put that in there too. Sorry! :o

Its called a resection. It'll be taking the 12 inches of diseased area where my colon and small intestine connect.

Now, doesn't that sound like FUN!! ;)

jenluckenbach
07-11-2005, 06:51 PM
It'll be taking the 12 inches of diseased area
Actually, that sounds like EXACTLY what you need. Get rid of that useless (painful area) and come out closer to normal than before. :cool:

moosmom
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Kelly,

No it doesn't sound like fun but...I'm SURE you'll feel a whole lot better once it's done and you're back on your feet again.

Glad the surgery went well.

SUPER ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) ))))))))))))

Donna

dukedogsmom
07-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm glad they've finally found out what was wrong. I know you'll be looking forward to feeling better. Good luck with your surgery!

sirrahbed
07-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Kelly - I am so glad to read your post - that the test is over and your surgery is just around the corner. More good news is that you like your surgeon and that your mom will be able to be with you in your PRIVATE room:D Things ARE looking up!
Hugs,
Debbie

chocolatepuppy
07-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Kelly, I bet you're excited to be getting this fixed! I'm sure the surgery is not something you're looking forward to, but it will be over before you know it! :)

neko1
07-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Glad to hear things went well and that the surgery will make you feel better!:)

kuhio98
07-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Kelly ~ I'm so glad you found a doctor who can finally help you. The surgery sounds like just what you need to feel better. I hope your boss at work will be cooperative and understanding. That's great that your Mom can stay with you. Now, if she could smuggle in a couple of kitties.....

Lisa

GraciesMommy
07-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Half the battle is finding a doctor you trust...I hope and pray that you have quick healing once the surgery is over and you feel really really good...hugs to ya..

rg_girlca
07-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Kelly - I am so glad to read your post - that the test is over and your surgery is just around the corner. More good news is that you like your surgeon and that your mom will be able to be with you in your PRIVATE room:D Things ARE looking up!

I couldn't agree more with what Debbie had wrote.

Kelly, I'm wishing nothing but the best for you. No one deserves it more than you.

Karen
07-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Yay - not only does the surgeon sound perfect, but you have a date - a countdown 'til relief! Wooooo hooooooo!

NoahsMommy
07-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Countdown to relief is right on! :)

I just bought two retainers for my piercings (nose and navel) as I was told I couldn't have any metal on my during the surgery. I don't want them to close up with them being so new. (THANKS for that great site, Laura!!)

As soon as they get here, I'm READY!! :)

shais_mom
07-11-2005, 10:39 PM
keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as always!

K9karen
07-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh Kelly, you sound like I did! As scary and awful as my surgeries sounded (neck and spine) I couldn't wait to have them done. To live in agony for years, never being sure when you'll feel most rotten or what to expect each day sucks. People were so surprised I was so anxious to be cut open, but what's a few weeks when you have the rest of your life to live! I never had stitches or staples, I had those adhesive bandages which basically fall off on their own and my scars are very faint. Ask for the self-administer morphine drip, every 6 minutes of relief! I had a single room too. I was by myself most of the time, but had lots of phone calls. Needed the rest anyway. The first 2 days are the worse, but I find if you just live one day at a time and don't dwell on it (like "how long will this go on"), you recover quicker. Milk all the attention you can get too! So much fun! I sure will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way. Also, isn't finding an awesome surgeon the best feeling? I love mine too!

kittycats_delight
07-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Kelly,

I am sooo glad it won't be too much longer when you can start feeling good again. I know surgery and recovery is a pain in the butt. No pun intended. But you will feel 1000% better when it's all over and done with. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you every single step of the way. Not long now til happy healthy living. :D

{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

Corinna
07-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Prayers going out for you. I 'm glad you found some one you feel comfortable with for your surgery . Tim's back doc is a genius ,I don't know how many of you remember Doug Betters or Bill Johnson both are Oylimpic skiers (gold medalers) both have had skiing accidents. Dr. Hollis not only saved their lives but gave them mobilty. Bill is up skiing again and Doug while he gets around in a chair , he is able to move waist up. We think he's great.

wolflady
07-11-2005, 11:49 PM
I really think this surgery will be a good thing and that it will help you to feel so much better. It will be so worth it to not have your pain on a daily basis. :) I'm glad your test went ok, but sorry that you were in pain when you woke up:(

I can't wait to see you this weekend! :)
**hugs**

petslover
07-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey Kelly,

I will put you in my thoughts and prayers.

Ginger's Mom
07-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Glad to hear that you have a surgery date, and hoping that you can finally feel better after all that you have been through.

Barbara
07-12-2005, 07:25 AM
I hope so much this resection will help you. The surgeon and the hospital sound great.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
Half the battle is finding a doctor you trust...

Very well said!! And oh so true!!
I am glad you found out what can be done to make you better! I will pray for you!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Wow, sounds like you're finally getting some of the answers you were hoping for! I agree that surgery can be scary and painful, but like road construction, it's hell while it's going on but once it's done, boy is it nice! ;)

Good luck on your surgery! Good thoughts and prayers will be going out hoping that the surgery is successful and you can start leading a pain free life again! :)

micki76
07-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey Kelly,

I’ve had a small resection done before (oddly enough not for my Crohn’s) and while it wasn’t the most fun I’ve ever had, it wasn’t too bad. I had about 6 inches of my small intestine removed due to ovarian cancer (the tumor on my ovary had spread). I was also in for 5 days, but the good news is, once they let you eat and you “do” what they want ya to do, you get to go HOME! :D

You KNOW you’re in my thoughts and prayers.

smokey the elder
07-12-2005, 09:43 AM
I hope this fixes your "plumbing" so you finally feel well! You'll have lots of furry nurses, too.

catlover4ever
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Kelly, I glad that you made it throught your test OK and now I'll be praying for your surgery. (((hugs))) Meg

Pawsitive Thinking
07-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Keep us all updated on how you are doing - :)

furrykidsmother
07-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Great news Kelly! I know the surgery won't be fun, but at least in the end you know that you will feel so much better than you do now. Best of luck, I hope everything goes smoothly and that you will be able to lead a healthy, normal, pain-free life soon. BTW, great news about the scar too! Will you or someone be able to update us after your surgery while you are in the hospital?

Jadapit
07-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Thats great news Kelly! Hopefully this will do the trick and you will feel like a new person.:) You will be in my thoughts.

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Kelly, This is wonderful news!!!:D I know that surgery isn't fun but in the end it will be worth it to be pain free and able to live the normal life that you deserve. Please take care and I'll see you Saturday.:)

lynnestankard
07-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Absolutley wonderful news Kelly. After all this time - the relief must be fanastic. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Lynne

ChrisH
07-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Great news, Kelly! :) {{hugs}}

(I've marked the date and time on my calendar, just so I remember to double up on the prayers. :) )

NoahsMommy
07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
♥ Awww....you are all so sweet, thanks so much for the prayers and good thoughts. :)

Rachel
07-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Kelly, with what you have already been through, the surgery should be a breeze. Just hope they don't find a big ole hair ball in there. :p

Logan
07-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Rachel!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Ha ha!!!!!!! :D

Kelly, it is going to make you feel so much better, I just know it. :)