PDA

View Full Version : I need help

new mom to a veiled
07-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I just bought a (approx) 3 mnth old male veiled. I have had him for a week. I need tips on getting him out of his cage!!!!

Could anybody give me suggestions.......PLEASE

Logan
07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. You will learn your way around here, I'm sure, but you really need to post this in Pet General. You're not likely to get much help in this section.

Logan

My Peanuts
07-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Do you mean a veiled chameleon? I had two a few years ago. I used to just reach in and take them out. They never had a problem with it.

tikeyas_mom
07-11-2005, 08:28 PM
give it time.. try hand feeding it crickets.. good luck :)

new mom to a veiled
07-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Thank you all, I did manage to get Rex out tonight. It wasnt easy however we got it done. I think part of the problem is his cage is 4ft high x 4ft long x 3ft wide. I can't belive how quick they can be, when they want. He did puff up and hiss, but he was just fine when we finally did get him out. I will try the hand feeding (great tip thanks). He climbed right up on top of my husbands head. It was pretty funny. Thanks again!!!! :)

DogLover9501
07-11-2005, 10:38 PM
I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say Welcome to PT, and good luck taming Rex! :)

Tweety_Pie
07-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey! We used to have a veiled chameleon named Rex too!! When we got her we thought she was a HE!! But about a year ago, she passed on because she had eggs stuck inside of her and they exploded:( My sister, green_chameleon_girl is pretty good with chameleons! I will for sure point this thread out to her!!

:)

jesse_3
07-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Sorry, I also do not know any advice for you, but welcome to PT! My name is Stephanie and my furbabes name is Jesse:) Hope you enjoy it here!

Steph and Jes

Pawsitive Thinking
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
He climbed right up on top of my husbands head. It was pretty funny

looks like a photo opportunity to me! Welcome to PT

ramanth
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
No advice. I have baby geckos that I'm trying to handle at least once a day to get used to handling.

Welcome to Pet Talk!

new mom to a veiled
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Again I want to thank everyone for all the advice, and making me feel so welcome.:) Tweety_Pie I'm sorry to hear about your Rex, that is very sad!!!! :( I will have the camera ready for sure, on our next attempt. I would love to try and handle Rex more often, but they say the more he is handled the shorter his life span becomes.

CathyBogart
07-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by new mom to a veiled
I would love to try and handle Rex more often, but they say the more he is handled the shorter his life span becomes.

This isn't necessarily true. Get him used to coming out, and letting him wander around on you can be a fun experience for both of you! However, chameleons can develop problems if people are GRABBING them out of their enclosures or otherwise causing them stress. As long as you keep handling sessions relaxed and relatively short he shouldn't suffer from them.

As for taming...hand-feeding waxworms (and making that the only time they get waxworms) is a very quick way to tame chameleons! Feed waxworms sparingly though, they are very fattening!