PDA

View Full Version : bettas are addicting

IRescue452
07-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Ok so I was at Walmart and well that's the way the story goes. I got a female who is royal blue with a black and two white stripes down her side. Sorry no pictures yet. I decided on the name C.C. because I have Clarence Carter and she'll be the initials for Cab Calloway- two favorite singers. There were few butterfly males at Walmart today but I wanted a female. Her little tank is next to Clarence's and he loves her. He needed some perking up because he'd been laying on the bottom a lot probably because he was used to lying in an inch of water. So nice to see him working on displaying for her and checking her out. Happy fishies. I'll get pics asap.

k9krazee
07-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Yay! Another Betta, how many do you have now? My mom said that I could get one after I get back from my trip but I'm afraid I won't want just one!!!

IRescue452
07-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Just two bettas and a goldfish. I'm enjoying not having to quarentine them and buy five just to get one survivor, which is what I have to do for a goldfish that lives long. With the bettas I don't have to worry about that stuff because they live alone.

micki76
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Yes, they're quite addicting. I have 6 now. :rolleyes: :D

Lexi_Lover
07-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Yes they are! :p I have 9, and I only started off with one like everybody else said! :p

BTW, are you sharing a tank between the goldfish and 2 bettas?

IRescue452
07-11-2005, 11:43 AM
No I'm not sharing they all have seperate tanks. They are close enough that they can see each other and my male betta is always flaring when the goldfish gets to the nearest side to his tank. Depot, the goldfish, gets tap water and a full tank change once every two weeks whereas the betta get a half change each week and spring water. If I had a ten gallon or bigger I'd maybe put them together. I also don't want the goldfish picking up any disease from the walmart fish either.

Suki Wingy
07-11-2005, 03:19 PM
:D good for you! I have given up all hope with bettas.:(