PDA

View Full Version : Requiem is gone

IRescue452
07-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Poor Requiem, my oldest hisser died today. Last night when I was cleaning cages I noticed her acting strangely. She couldn't control her legs much and was shaking and running into the side of the tank. It looked like she had ingested some sort of toxin because of the way she was acting but I'm sure it was just her time. Roaches only live 1-3 years. She died in my hands but it wasn't an easy way to go. For anybody who thinks insects don't have much for feelings you are wrong. She had a very scared look in her eyes but I think she still knew who was holding her. This is the one time I wish she had been in the wild where a predator would have put her to a quicker death. I hope at least one of her babies survives so I've still got a bit of her left. I got pictures of her before she went but they are on film which I have to use up now.

Karen
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Rest in peace, Requiem. Hiss nicely at the Rainbow Bridge.

K9soul
07-10-2005, 09:02 PM
I think sometimes people tend to assume too much about what we feel "lower life forms" are not capable of feeling. Personally I feel in their own way they feel pain, fear, and contentment, perhaps on more of a simple and basic level but just as real as our feelings nonetheless. I am certain that Requiem took some comfort in being held safely in your hand as she passed from this life. I know it had to be heartbreaking to watch her go. :(.

Requiem, scitter along at the Rainbow Bridge now. I am sure up there you will find all kinds of delicious foods to savor to your roachie heart's delight. You will be missed, Requiem. I too hope your legacy will be passed along down here on earth.

chocolatepuppy
07-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. May Requiem Rest in Peace. :(

EricLove
07-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Requiem, May your days be filled with sunshire and love at the Rainbow Bridge. Never any pain or harm do you have to worry about again. Sleep sweet little one..

K9Soul.. there are no lower life forms- but people with a cold heart.. that's the only lower life form I know...

Many people look at me with my rats and wonder WHY?... Like most of us.. You have to be there to understand.. I love every little animal God placed here for our joy and love. I was put here for my Rats to Love.. They own me..

jenluckenbach
07-12-2005, 05:57 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( RIP Requiem.

jesse_3
07-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Oh no! It is so horrible when a pet dies when you are holding them!-trust me, I know how you feel...

You are right, I had a grasshopper named Ghost who was so nice, and when he passed, I was crying!

R.I.P. Requiem, you will be terrible missed. Look upon your babies and mommy, and make sure that they are all okay!

k9krazee
07-13-2005, 07:29 AM
R.I.P Requiem :( :( I'm so sorry for your loss!