PDA

View Full Version : gravity and GWB...

RICHARD
07-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Bush: 'Time I grew up'

George Bush said it was time he grew up after cycling into a policeman - on his 59th birthday.

The US president's mishap came on his mountain bike outside the G8 venue, reports the Mirror.

Mr Bush, left with cuts to an arm and hand, showed off grazed fingers to reporters and grinned: "It goes to show I should act my age."

The officer had a check-up and returned to duty at the Gleneagles Hotel after Wednesday's accident.

The president blamed a rigorous work-out and the damp conditions as he appeared at an early press call with Tony Blair.

He said: "When you ride a mountain bike, sometimes you fall, otherwise you are not riding hard. The pavement was slick and the bike came off underneath me."

His concern, he said, was for the Strathclyde officer adding: "I talked to him. He is doing fine."

In May last year Mr Bush crashed his bike on his ranch. In 2002, he famously fainted and toppled off his sofa in the White House when he choked on a pretzel and in June 2003, he fell off a scooter at his estate in Maine.

------------------------------------------------

LOLOLOLOL,

This is our president....;)

Lady's Human
07-10-2005, 05:54 PM
It's nothing new, though. Jimmy Carter (the rabid rabbit attack)and Gerry Ford (walking into the wing of a plane, falling down stairs) were no slouches in the dumb antics arena. Also, one can never forget Bill Clinton jogging out to the local McD's for a big Mac, or Reagan falling off his horse. the topper, though, has got to be Howard Taft getting stuck in the white house bathtub.

moosmom
07-10-2005, 06:01 PM
LOLOLOLOL,

This is our president....

Scary, isn't it??? Only in America!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pam
07-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Of course some things that happen to the Prez will probably never be divulged. For instance I am sure he has walked through a thrown up hairball in the middle of the night at some time in his life. After all he does own a cat! :p :rolleyes:

IRescue452
07-10-2005, 11:02 PM
hahahahahaha stepping on a hairball! that thought just made my day

PJ's Mom
07-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
It's nothing new, though. Jimmy Carter (the rabid rabbit attack)and Gerry Ford (walking into the wing of a plane, falling down stairs) were no slouches in the dumb antics arena.

He walked into the wing of the plane? LOL :D I never knew that! LOL

Killearn Kitties
07-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Who was it that fell off a stage? Ronald Reagan, do I remember?

You need to tell me about the rabid rabbit though. I don't remember that one. I hope none of Miss Hoppy's ancestors were involved!

lbaker
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Carters secret service guys had to smack at the water with oars while they were canoeing one time because the waskaly wabid wabbitt was swimming towards them :eek: :D

gemini9961
07-16-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
Carters secret service guys had to smack at the water with oars while they were canoeing one time because the waskaly wabid wabbitt was swimming towards them :eek: :D

LMAO!! Too bad it wasn't George W that the waskaly wabid wabbitt was coming after. That would have been priceless!

mugsy
07-20-2005, 08:08 PM
The only way my kids at school remember Taft is the fact that he was so large he got stuck in the White House bath tub and they had to make a custom made tub just for him....

The mental picture of getting him out of that tub is just too much to bear...:p

Lady's Human
07-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Mugsy, also note that the White House tub was changed shortly thereafter.:D

mugsy
07-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Tis true!!!