PDA

View Full Version : Homes for a couple of my long-term fosters

aly
07-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Wow. This is happening quickly, but I have a couple homes lined up for some of my fosters. One home will be taking 1-2 cats, and the other will be taking 1 I think. One guy works with my boyfriend. The other home is friends of the guy. From what I know, they are all big cat lovers and incredibly nice people. I'm at work right now because my fosters are here boarding for the weekend. The people are meeting me here and will possibly take the cats home today. I'm nervous/sad/excited/thrilled/emotionally wrecked!!! My boyfriend is on his way for moral support. I'll do a longer update later. I can barely type or think clearly right now. I am going to miss my babies so much.

Mad Mags Moo
07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Well done! good job and the puss cat will get a furever home thanks to you and your loving care. You are bound to feel a mix of emotions....only normal. Hugs to you

furrykidsmother
07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Best wishes to them in their new homes. I am sure it is hard, but I guess you need to make room in your heart and in your home for the next ones that can be helped.

dukedogsmom
07-10-2005, 02:17 PM
That's great! I know you'll miss them but it's good to have them going to loving homes.

Karen
07-10-2005, 02:20 PM
This is the hard and thrilling all at once part of being a foster mom. You get to be glad that healthy, well-socialized kitties are going to new homes. Think of all the happiness they will bring in those homes.

And then there is sadness that they will be gone from your home, which is wrnching, I know. But as you know people who know these homes, at least you can get updates sometimes, and tell them to join Pet Talk so maybe we'll get uppydates as well.

And that also leaves a little room at Aly's Rescue Hotel, for the next time a precious one is in desperate need.

Oh, happy/sad/happy day. Good luck, Aly, I know it is something I would find very difficult to do.

catmandu
07-10-2005, 02:27 PM
AS SOMEONE,WHO TOO HAS REHOMED A FEW CATS,I KNOW,THAT YOU HAVE MIXED EMOTIONS.
I MISS POUNCETTE,HER BABIES,KARINAS BABIES,GARY,FRANKLIN,AND MOURN GEM,KARINA AND ORANGIE.

I HOPE,AND PRAY,WITH YOU,TAHT THESE ARE THE PUURRFECT FURR EVER HOMES,FOR YOUR FOSTERS.

AND OF COURSE BIG RAGNAR,WHO GOES,WITH HIS ORIGINAL GUARDIAN,AT THE END,OF THEMONTH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture462.jpg

Kfamr
07-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Aly, I don't know if I could tell you enough how amazing you are.
To put your emotions aside and be so unselfish to help these babies to their forever homes is just...well.. amazing.

You're truely an angel. I wish luck to you and your fosters, I know in your hands they're bound to go into loving homes.

NoahsMommy
07-10-2005, 04:32 PM
I can't imagine, Aly.

You are WONDERFUL! And because of YOU, these 2 (or 3) kitties will be going on to their perfect homes.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Barbara
07-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Aly you are the reason why some healthy and happy cats can find their furrever home.

Didn't you promise some pics of two special friends of mine?;)

rg_girlca
07-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Congratulations Aly on finding new forever homes for 2 possibly three of your fosters. I can only imagine the mixed feelings you are going through, but it must be so rewarding also knowing how much of a difference you have made in these little ones lives. :)

auggie
07-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh Aly, I know it is going to be so hard on you to give them up, but it sounds like you picked wonderful forever homes for your fosters.
I'm sure your very happy for them. There are so many cats in need of a good home. I've seen the same cuties at petsmart up for adoption for several weeks now.
Cheer up girl! As much as you want to, you can't keep them all.
;)

rosethecopycat
07-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Well done.

It is harder to give the 'long termers' up.
I know, I still have one kitten left from April.
The others were on their 'merry way' within one month, but now, I've still got this one girlie, and while she wasn't my favorite, at that time, I have grown to know and love her.
That is what happens. You get to know them, and then you are mush.

Concatulations on your placements.