PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
My cat conceived 72 days ago, I know thats the exact date b/c I put the little male cat in here and then put him out, and thats the only contact she has had, however, I have read that she should have her babys between 65-71 days? I am REALLY worried, and my parents keep telling me "she will have them when she has them" Should I be worried? what are some sure signs so I will know when she goes into labor?:confused:

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
please someone answer....im really scared:eek:

NoahsMommy
07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Is there a vet you can call? Are you sure she's pregnant?

Is she in distress? Is she eating, drinking, playing, using the litterbox?

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-10-2005, 01:57 AM
im sure shes pregnant, u can put ur hand on her belly and feel them move, and shes eating ...VERY well..she eats all the time, and she's drinking, she hasnt played for about 2 months, just been laying around, sleeping and resting all the time...just like a normal pregnant cat would do...just....no babys? I could call a vet, but he would charge like 3 times extra 2 come in on the weekend...so im at least trying 2 wait till Monday

kittycats_delight
07-10-2005, 09:34 AM
As long as the babies are moving around I think you are ok. It's Sunday now so one more day is ok. Just get the vet tomorrow and have him check her out to make sure everything is alright. I guess just like humans sometimes they can go over their due day. My RB Mytsi went 74 days with her last litter and everything was fine. But do call the vet tomorrow and have he checked. Better safe than sorry.

One question...are you planning on having her spayed once she weens the kittens at 8 weeks? There may be some things you don't know about a cat going into heat and pregnancies. Everytime a cat has a heat and everytime she gets pregnant it increases her chance of getting certain cancers. I did not know this myself until my RB Mytsi was diagnosed with Mammory cancer. I lost her to the disease after 5 months. We had surgery to remove the cancer but it came back very aggressively and claimed her life. Please, consider having your cat spayed once she weens her kittens.

King Spartacus
07-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry I can't be of much help here, all I can say is good luck, and I'm sure all is fine!

Please let us know how it goes though! Paws and fingers crossed!

QueenScoopalot
07-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, but it really breaks my heart to know you let your cat get pregnant on purpose. :( The average gestation for a cat's pregnancy is 63 days. I do extensive rescuing of abandoned cats and kittens, and there's just not enough homes available to adopt all these unwanted kittens. Please, PLEASE get your mom cat to be spayed, and find responsible homes for the babies where they'll be spayed and neutered to prevent future litters. ;)
And please click on these links....

http://st15.startlogic.com/~justonel/accidental.html

http://www.itsmeowornever.org/homeless.html

moosmom
07-10-2005, 11:11 AM
What Queenscoopalot said!!!

catmandu
07-10-2005, 11:38 AM
IF THIS,IS HER FIRST LITTER,THEY COULD BE AS MUCH AS A WEEK LATE.
OR IF IT IS A LARGE LITTER,THE SAME THING COULD OCCUR.
I ASKED THE BREEDER,WHERE I GOT JOHN,AND ROCCA,AND SHE SAID,THAT THERE IS NOTHING,TO WORRY ABOUT,AS THE KITTENS,WILL COME,WHEN IT IS THIER TURN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1118.jpg

momcat
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Get your kitty to your vet ASAP!!!!! And please for the sake of mommy cat, talk to your vet and have her spayed! If cost is a factor don't let that stop you. Ask PT for help in finding a reputable facility that might charge less than an independent vet. There are very knowledgeable people here always ready & willing to help! You CAN trust their advice!

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all the help, and I dont know why your hearts are breaking over my cat being pregnant, we already have GOOD homes for every one of the cats, I have a very beautiful cat, she is a norwegian forest cat, and alot of my family wanted kittens, so we decided to breed her, so your heart can be broken, but every cat will have a good loving home! Me and my fiance are taking one along with momma kitten, my grandparents are taking one, my dad is taking one, my mom is taking one, my aunt and uncle are taking one, and my best friend Heather is taking one! So no need 2 have ur heart broken, I love cats with all my heart and I am a very responsible pet owner, and yes we are getting her fixed after this litter, the only thing that stopped us from getting her fixed when we got her was b/c my family wanted babies outta her.......

NoahsMommy
07-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ainslee_breann_sr06
the only thing that stopped us from getting her fixed when we got her was b/c my family wanted babies outta her.......
I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to start anything, but this sentence made my stomach turn.

Cats aren't here so we can "get babies outta them". :(

How sad....

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-10-2005, 04:26 PM
well, I mean be mad if u want, whatever, I picked her up off the side of the road, saved her....beat a dog off of her b/c she was being eatin, brought her home, nursed her to health, took her to the vet got her shots, and got medicine b/c she had tape worms, I did EVERYTHING for this cat, I love her to death, so im not just using her for her babys, we just wanted some cats like her....Sorry, cats get pregnant everyday!

shais_mom
07-10-2005, 04:45 PM
noone is saying you didn't help her but
and yes cats get pregnant everyday that is why there are zillions of them that are homeless
There are a lot of people here that are veerrryyy passionate about rescue and spaying and neutering so coming here and telling us that
1) you put the male in there
2) wanting kittens out of her
3) don't want to pay the extra to take her to the vet

infuriates people..
so you can get mad at us for getting mad at you but our first priority is the CAT and educating people on spaying and neutering or you can accept that your cat is our first concern learn to become a responsible pet owner and a responsible adult and take the cat to the vet before she dies of pyometria or worse.

:rolleyes:

carole
07-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I think your main priority is to get the cat to the vet and see what is happening, hopefully she will be ok, she is indeed a very beautiful cat.

I am very happy to hear that you have found homes for all the kittens, that is warming news, and that you will have her spayed after she gives birth, that is the responsible thing to do, and she is lucky to have been found and cared for by you.

I think everyone was just concerned for her welfare, I myself had the same questions which you have answered honestly, thank you for that and putting many people's mind at ease.

Please keep us posted and fingers and paws crossed here that everything will be alright with your cat.

dukedogsmom
07-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Paying for one spay/neuter job is a lot cheaper than taking care of a bunch of kittens. I'm glad these all have homes. The next may not be so fortunate. And the reason we were upset also is the way you talked about her. Like she was a piece of property.

momcat
07-10-2005, 06:42 PM
In one of your posts, you said cats get pregnant every day. And that's true. We here at PT, especially those who rescue and foster, understand that. That's the problem. Kitty gets with a male(planned or otherwise), kitty gets pregnant, kitty has babies that nobody wants, or people adopt with good intentions then abandon the kittens for one reason or another. It's good to know that good homes are lined up for each baby and I hope it all works out. You also said your family wanted a kitten from YOUR cat. What upsets so many of us about that are the countless kittens in shelters or foster homes in desperate need of a loving family. These kittens and cats come in all sizes, all ages, all colors with a wider variety of markings than you can imagine. Many of us here believe the slogan, Save a Life, Adopt From a Shelter. Those folks who look for their pet/companion in a shelter seldom leave empty handed or disappointed. We wish the very best for mommy cat and her soon to be family. But our hearts break for all the shelter and foster kitties that will loose out on these good homes

PayItForward
07-10-2005, 07:39 PM
For every kitten your cat gives birth to, a kitten in the local shelter will die.

As the potentional cat owner adopted a preventable kitten from you, rather than a shelter kitten.

If you care at all for your cat, you'll get her spayed as soon as these kitten are born, assuming she doesn't die in labour.Do you understand that these kittens might be born with one or more genetic disease ?

Whatever diseases the parents carry and there is a percentage likehood of those diseases showing in the offspring...In fact just read this article...are you a back yard breeder or not ?http://www.whyneuter.com/breeders.html

Only those who are good responsible breeders should breed cats..

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Well, she is probibly one of the most spoiled cats in the world, I dont treat her like a peice of property, I am one of the most loving cat people in the world, I pick up cats off the side of the road everytime I see one! We have 4 cats right now, but she is the only one that likes to stay inside, the others like it outside, so they come and go, but they are all spayed/nuetered....We take very good care of our animals, she just is not spayed yet b/c shes pregnant! She had a litter before, but apparently they all got eaten when she was getting eatin, I just came upon her in time to save her! Good news is, I think she is going into labor...she has been meowing alot, everytime I walk by, she stays in her box I made for her under my bed! I cut up my soft sleeping pants and shirt and put it in the bottom of a big box for her to nest in, and put the box under my bed b/c she likes to go underneath there, so thats where she is spending her time right now! Shes doing fine and purring...constantly....the babys have dropped, and I think its about time....I will keep u updated! Her name is Jolly by the way!:)

kittycats_delight
07-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Good Luck Jolly with your delivery sweetheart. We know you will do a great job and be a great mommycat.

Please do keep us updated. I am sorry if you feel we are ganging up on you we are just very concerned for Jolly. We don't want her to become another statistic or her kittens for that matter. What's done is done and it can't be taken back. But please do get her spayed and don't let her have more babies and jeopardize her health further. Like I said in my first post every heat and every pregnancy increases her chance of getting certain cancers. We don't want that to happen and for her to suffer from something so devasting. Please keep us updated.

carole
07-11-2005, 05:59 AM
I sure hope Jolly will be fine and her babies as well, do post some pics of her if you can and the babies, she is such a fine looking kitty, a very beautiful young kitty.

I can tell you love her heaps and take good care of her, goodness knows what would have happened to her if you had not rescued her.

Give Jolly a big pat from us here down under in NZ, fingers and paws crossed the delivery is smooth.:)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-11-2005, 06:35 AM
You made the choice to let Jolly get pregnant so now you have to give her all the help she needs, regardless of cost. although from your postings I don't think there is much you wouldn't do for your cat.

Excited to hear that the babies may well be on their way, really hope all goes well for you and your lovely pusscat. Let us know how you are all doing

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Good news, shes in labor, 2 babys as we speak! me and my best friend are helping deliver them! One is black, and one is gray....no pink one yet...(mine and Jolly's fav color is pink..thats why she wears her pink feather collar)......Thanks for all ur support and prayers! I will keep u updated!

k9krazee
07-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Congratulations on the first two Jolly!!

kittycats_delight
07-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Good girl Jolly. We are very proud of you little momma. Keep up the good work. Keep us posted on her progress.

Susa
07-11-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm sending good thoughts for Jolly and I hope we get to see the kitty babies.

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-11-2005, 04:17 PM
theres now 4, not sure if shes done yet or not!we have 3 black and 1 gray so far! I was hoping for more color....but thats ok! Their sweet! I will keep u updated on her!

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Shes done, 4 beautiful babes is what we turned out with! YAY Jolly Anne! Shes resting in her bed now, Our room is decorated all up with congratulations stuff!!! Ribbons, bows, all that good stuff!!! YAY JOLLY!

kittycats_delight
07-11-2005, 05:49 PM
She is all done? For sure? She has 4 little dollies huh? I bet they are cute. I am sure she will be a great mommy. Might I suggest...just as a precautionary measure that you make an appointment with her vet to be sure she has no more babies inside. It is not that unusual for this to happen. If she does the babies will have to be removed. And I am not saying that she does. But I would take her in the morning to her vet to be sure. You don't need to lose her to poisoning from a decaying baby still inside.

Good Job Jolly !!!! What a good girl you are !!!! You rest up now sweetie and look after those little ones. We are all very proud of you sweetheart. Job Well done. Lots of lovins' and kisses for you. :D

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Heres a picture of me and my beautiful honey!

carole
07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Two very pretty girls,:) glad Jolly is ok, take good care of her now and let us know all about her babies and pics pretty please.;)

GraciesMommy
07-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Congrats! Jolly...I know they are all cute as can be..

rg_girlca
07-11-2005, 09:21 PM
I just finished reading through the whole thread as I had missed this earlier. Thank goodness you were at the right place at the right time to save this beautiful girl. It's unfortunate that she got pregnant before you could have her spayed, but what's done is done. I'm glad to hear that you will be having her spayed after she finishes weaning her babies.

Welcome to the world little ones. Congratulations Jolly on your precious little babies.
I pray that all is well with Jolly and she enjoys being a mama.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the little ones.

May I make a suggestion that when or if you do post pictures, that you start a new thread about it, just in case not too many people come back to this thread. :D

Bless you for saving Jolly's life. :)

ainslee_breann_sr06
07-12-2005, 12:51 AM
thanks u guys for all your support! I called the vet and he said Jolly would be ok and not to bring her in unless she stops eating, then be worried! I just fed her her favorite food, Friskeys Turkey and Cheese dinner! All through her pregnancy I fed her dry kitten food, b/c thats good nourishment for the babys! They all came our healthy, fine, and beautiful! Jolly is eating like a 500 pound sumo wrestler...He He!!! I love that baby girll... I will get pics of babys here soon! Thanks guys!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-12-2005, 10:21 AM
4 beautiful babies! Well done!

momcat
07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Congratulations on your beautiful new babies, Jolly! I'm happy to hear that everything went well and that they're healthy. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you with your little ones. I'm sure that you're going to be the perfect mommy cat.....