PDA

View Full Version : We are back~~been a wild month~

GraciesMommy
07-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi all...it has been a horrible time so far this summer..if you recall my 2 grandgirls and mom were coming for a 2 week visit..which they did...and my mom developed acute bronchitis AND plurisy and I had to take her to the ER while they were here..a nightmare..then Brooklyn, the 3 year got bronchitis...we took them back last weekend and my dad had pnumonia! He hadn't kept anything down for 3 days, no one knew he was so sick, he didn't tell us because he didn't want us to worry...so I have been worrying about all that..THEN the hospital calls and says that they noted 2 nodules on my mom's lungs in her X Rays that were missed when we were at the ER and she had to have a CT Scan this week. As if all this were not enough to make me pull my hair out..my step son who just graduated Aviation School in March and began a new job in Dallas in April after us moving him there..calls Wednesday night and he was LAID OFF!! So we rent a UHaul and move him back the last 2 days..another mess..he had to break his lease which WE co-signed for..big $$ there...and now has to start Monday looking for a job to pay for the truck WE co-signed for..he is only 20 years old and this was a big kick in the britches for him..(and us!)
I have barely had time to keep my personal websites afloat..and sorry I haven't taken the time to check in here...but Barry and Fritz PM'd me with birthday wishes so thought I would at least come in and explain what all has been going on to keep me away.

On the good side...our pool is done! My daughter is coming Saturday for 2 weeks (she will be 20 this month and been away at college) and I still have til Aug 2 off work for the summer so hopefully things will get better!!

Gracie is doing great...and I will post a pic soon...
Sorry for this being so long...

PJ's Mom
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Welcome back, Pamela! We've missed you. :) Can't wait for Gracie pics! :D

luvofallhorses
07-09-2005, 09:35 PM
{{{hugs}}} You've had one heck of a start of the summer. I hope it all gets better. Give sweet Gracie a hug for me and welcome back, it's good to see you again :)

Oh yeah, happy belated birthday! :D I hope it was a good one!

RobiLee
07-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow, you have alot going on! :eek: Hang in there! Glad to have you back and hope to see some Gracie pics real soon!

K9soul
07-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Pamela, it's so good to see you again, we've missed you! Wow no wonder you have been scarce, you have really been through the wringer! :( I certainly hope things start looking up for you soon. Check in when you're able, as we are always happy to hear from you and Gracie :). {{hugs}} to you :)

GraciesMommy
07-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Appreciate the kind words...I know we will get thru all this...God never gives us more than we can handle..

And I believe it was said in Steel Magnolias..."That which does not kill us only makes us stronger" (or something like that..LOL)

Ginger's Mom
07-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Pamela, it is good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear things have been so bad. I hope things get better, and that you can enjoy your visit from your daughter. Just pop by whentever you can, we miss you and Gracie.

lizbud
07-10-2005, 10:53 AM
I am so very sorry for all the bad news you've been handed
lately.:( I can't do much to help, but I will certainly send prayers
and positive vibes your way. Hang in there. :)

cyber-sibes
07-10-2005, 11:11 AM
It's nice to see you back -- and understandable why you've been away - whew girl!:eek: Hope things will improve for you - remember that nothing very good or very bad lasts very long. This too shall pass...

Rachel
07-10-2005, 11:30 AM
My, you sure have had a hectic summer thus far. Let's hope that all the emergencies and bad news is over and done with for a long, long time and you and Gracie can settle down and have time to recoup. One reason why I never complain when things are boring or routine....beats lots of the alternatives.

chocolatepuppy
07-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Pamela, they say when it rains it pours! I hope things improve for you and you can get your life back on track. You and Gracie were missed. :)

manda_moo87
07-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Nice to see you back again! :)