PDA

View Full Version : So Don likes me again, sort of. Maybe...

elminster20
07-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Don's always been my little buddy, he always comes when I call him, sleeps beside the bed on my side, follows me everywhere. Bob liked to spread his love, but Don, Don was mine. Until I left for Toronto for 4 days that is. I was getting my tattoo done there, and I guess he was pretty lethargic the whole time I was gone, moping around. I came home, but healing my tattoo (a full body one) required lots of ointments and not moving much, I couldn't give him all the cuddles and runs and lovin' that I used too. He slowly stopped coming to me, even avoiding my hand when I tried to pet him. It's only been the last few days that he's slowly, very very slowly, allowed me to come near him, touch him and give him his daily doses of tummy rubs. I miss my Don:(

catmandu
07-09-2005, 07:13 PM
THURSDAYS,AT CRABBY JOES,THEY HAVE A RIB FEST,FOR 9.99.AND THERE WILL BE MORE,THAN ENOUGH,FOR YOU,AND A KITTY BAG,FOR BOB,AND I GUARANTEE YOU,YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND DON,ONCE THAT SMELL,OF TASTY RIBS,WAFTS THROUGH,THE AIR!
YOU,WILL BE BUDDIES AGAIN,FOR CERTAIN SURE,AS MY DEAR MOTHER,USED TO SAY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1118.jpg

elminster20
07-09-2005, 07:24 PM
The way to a cat's heart is through his stomach eh?:)

jenluckenbach
07-09-2005, 07:59 PM
He is punishing you for going away. ;)

any chance of getting to see the tattoo?

Soapets
07-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Seems like he's letting you know, in no uncertain terms, that he did NOT appreciate your leaving and being gone for so long!:D

furrykidsmother
07-10-2005, 03:23 PM
They are very funny creatures, they do not like to have their routines altered in anyway. Once things get back to normal I am sure he will come around. Full Body tattoo, that sounds painful! Anyway, I agree, that is just your punishment for being gone so long.

rg_girlca
07-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Well can you blame him for being distant with you. How dare you leave him for 4 days.;)
Now he has to think about forgiving you, which I'm sure he has done already.
Cats are funny like that eh!

A full body tattoo. All I can say about that is, "OUCHY"

elminster20
07-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Don is FINICKY!!!! I've never been snubbed this long, by anyone!!!!! He's coming around, very slowly though. I think it helps that Laura clipped his claws yesterday so he has someone new to hate, and since there are only two of us....:)

And getting the tattoo was painful, yes (parts were excruciating, parts were uncomfortable), but once the actual inking is done it's only a little uncomfortable for a while. I love it!!!!!:D