PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!@! Stupid nail!

Toby's my baby
07-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Last night, me and my dad were taking rotted wood siding off of a trailor house, and I was picking up the pieces and putting them in a pile. Well, as you know, when wood rots, it falls into small pieces. I was walking and I stepped on a nail. I didnt know what to do, so I yelled for my dad, and he said " I have to pull it out" and I said "o, no your not!" and he grabbed my foot and just pulled it out. It was in 2 inches deep. It hurts so bad, and have to walk funny. I have basketball on monday, I hope it heals by then!

Has anyone else ever stepped on a nail? What did you do to make it feel better??

We called the clinic, and they said I got a tetnus (sp?) shot last year, so we dont have to worry about that...

SO sorry to vent! :o

Lexi_Lover
07-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh jeez! I hope you get better soon! Thank God you're up to date on your shots! ;) Many heal vibes and hugs being sent your way!

-Paula

finn's mom
07-09-2005, 05:58 PM
When I was about seven or eight, I was hopping down our hallway and tripped. I fell straight down on an old nail, and, the top round part (not the pointed nail part) went into my knee. It wasn't fun. I don't remember what we did for it, but, I know I didn't get stitches. I don't even remember if I went to the doctor. I have a scar there, but, it's not terrible. That sounds really painful, especially that your dad pulled it out! scary!

Karen
07-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Thank goodness you just had your tetanus shot! I've had a puncture wound (rooster claw straight into my leg in my case) and they just take a long time to heal. I don;t think, other than keeping it clean so it doesn't get infected, that there's much you can do to help speed along the healing.

Toby's my baby
07-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Ok, thanks everybody!!

Kari, having the round part going into you sounds even more painful!! :eek:

I have been putting peroxide on it every couple hours to make sure it stays clean.

We are going to the lake tomorrow, because my uncle just bought a cabin. I was hoping to learn how to ski at the lake, I hope I can tuff it out!! :(:cool: :p

catnapper
07-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Ouch is right! that could be serious, expecially if it was a rusted nail. I do hope you have your tetanus up to date.

MariaM
07-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Ouch, that sounds like it would hurt so bad. That's one of my biggest fears, stepping on a nail.:o

finn's mom
07-10-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Toby's my baby
Kari, having the round part going into you sounds even more painful!! :eek:

That's what I've been told. ;) It definitely didn't leave a clean cut, that's for sure. It was gnarly! The scar is not that bad, though, just under an inch long, and, it's sortof in the shape of a crescent moon, horizontally on my left knee. How's your injury feeling, now, anyway?

moosmom
07-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Ouch!! I feel your pain, girl! I've stepped on a nail and it was HELL!!!! Only thing worse was the tetanus shot! :p

Hope your foot feels better!

cookieluver7
07-10-2005, 02:00 PM
How's it going??? That sounded soooo painful!!!! No, and thankfully, I have never stepped on a nail. *knock on wood* Gosh, it makes my foot hurt just thinking about it!!! I hope you are doing better today.

((((hugs))))

abby

Kfamr
07-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Ouch!
I've done it before so I know how it feels!
I had 3 nails go into my foot at once. I was younger, probably around 11 or so. In Michigan playing with my aunt's neighbor kids in their backyard. There was an old piece of wood with nails sticking out of it in the middle fo the yard. I ws running and had flip-flops on. Luckily, the flip flops stopped them from going in too far.

furrykidsmother
07-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I've been there. Only I hadn't had a shot in many years so had to have that on top of it. Glad that your shot was recent and didn't need to go through the added ordeal. Just keep it clean and maybe soak it if you can to ease the pain. Hope you are feeling better soon.