PDA

View Full Version : Live 8

finn's mom
07-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Anyone watching this? I just happened to turn it the station (I don't even know if it's MTV or VH1) awhile ago, and saw that the concert was on. It's been really good, and, varied. Pretty cool that they're doing this. I don't know how much longer is left of the concert footage, though. Just thought I'd see if anyone else is watching.

RobiLee
07-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I have watched it off and on and caught some pretty good acts.

elizabethann
07-09-2005, 06:06 PM
I watched it on and off myself. I was at the Live Aid concert in Philadelphia 20 years ago! I can't believe it was 20 years ago! I'm getting SO old!!!!!

:eek:

finn's mom
07-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
I have watched it off and on and caught some pretty good acts.

Yeah, same here. I have it on downstairs and my computer is playing music upstairs. I'm cleaning, so, I'm all over the condo. :)

Anita Cholaine
07-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I wached it....very nice concert:)

LorraineO
07-09-2005, 07:06 PM
I didnt watch the concert..but wouldnt it have been more prudent to put all the money it cost them to put the show on and put it towards the cause itself instead? surely there are cheaper ways of raising awareness and the hard cash to help those people?

RobiLee
07-09-2005, 07:28 PM
They weren't asking for money. They did it for free and were only asking for your VOICE.

LorraineO
07-10-2005, 08:13 AM
our voice?? Well okay,, i dont pay much attn to live 8 or the previous ones either,,, I thought they were trying to raise funds..... but the funds it cost to put on the show would have fed ALOT of ppl if you ask me! Music is nice,, but it doesnt feed an empty tummy.....

King Spartacus
07-10-2005, 09:36 AM
"Musicians are donating their services, and other costs will be met by corporate sponsors. The concerts are free and tickets are long gone."

"Live Aid was about raising money for victims of famine in Africa. Live 8, Geldof has said, is about raising awareness."

Quotes from the page http://ap.lancasteronline.com/4/pa_live_8_preview

Myself... I saw most of the pre-Live8, and also everything about it, and the G8 summit in Gleneagles... I didn't actually tune into the concert, but only for the reason that I'm really into music.

The concert was for free, the musicians preformed for free. The set-up of the concerts were all sponsored, and it helped people become aware, not just of the politicians that have the power to change world poverty, but also what people can do themself...

Well done to Live8!

Sylvie, KS' mom