PDA

View Full Version : My Big Boys

catmandu
07-09-2005, 05:31 PM
ARE GOING,TO THE VETS,ON TUESDAY MORNING,AS THEY MAY WELL NEED SOME DENTAL WORK DONE.
I HAVE TO ADMIT,THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN CLEANING THIER TEETH,ON ANY KIND OF A REGULAR BASIS.
AND I AM WORRIED,ABOUT WHAT,DR MARCELES,WILL SAY,ABOUT JJJ3S,AND MOOSE WEIGHT PROBLEM.
JJJ3,IS AFT,MOOSE IS OBESE.
I HAVE CUT BACK,THE WHISKAS TEMPTATIONS,QUIT A BIT,AND AM SUBSTITUTING ROYAL CANIN,WHICH,IS BETTER,FOR THEM.AND ACTUALLY QUITE A BIT LESS.

I WORRY,ABOUT MY BOY CATS,HAVING LOST THE MISTER SCRAPPY,AND FLUFFY,DUE ,TO WEIGHT PROBLEMS.
I DONT HAVE THAT MANY FRIENDS,IN THIS HOUSE,THAT I CAN AFFORD,TO LOSE MY CAT FRIENDS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1118.jpg

dukedogsmom
07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
What cute kitties. They look like they love to snuggle together.

catnapper
07-09-2005, 06:34 PM
They'll be fine Gary. I don't know many people who brush tjeir cat's teeth on a regular basis. As for the weight issue, well, we all have that problme! ;) I was reprimanded by the vet for Allen's weight, and know I will be for Harry.... I HAVE to get them away from the Kitten food. Yet I need it out for the kittens! Such a dilemma!

Soapets
07-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I hope things go well at the Vet's. I am having trouble keeping Angel's weight down, as she likes to eat the kittens' food much more than she likes to eat her own food! And I don't brush my cats' teeth. But they just eat dry food. I don't know if cleaning their teeth is something that should be done or not.....:confused:

G535
07-09-2005, 11:17 PM
That silly old saying about being cruel to be kind is just so true with cats or any pets for that matter, you just have to try and cut back on the food.

NoahsMommy
07-10-2005, 12:32 AM
I agree with the others, maybe Lite food will be a good change, that they may not even notice. Royal Canin makes a yummy Lite food that my cats like when Livvy(RB) was on it.

**Hugs**

Sonia59
07-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Adorable picture!
My Peppito is also on Royal Canin light food. I am not sure he's loosing weight but at least he is stabilized. The vet also warned me about future problems, when he's getting older. So I think light food can only be better anyway! And my cat really love it, as if it was normal food!

catmandu
07-10-2005, 11:42 AM
I CANT SEE WHY MOOSE,IS SO FAT,AS HE NEVER TOUCHES HUMAN FOD,AND ONLY GETS A FEW TEMPTATIONS.
IT MAY BE THE FCAT,THAT HE IS ABOUT,AS MOBILE,AS A BOULDER,I REALLY HAVE TO GET AN ASTRO TREADMILL,LIKE THEY HAVE,ON THE JETSONS,AND WE CAN RUN TOGETHER,A PAIR,OF MATCHED TUBBIES!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1118.jpg

furrykidsmother
07-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I guess cats like humans can struggle with weight problems. We have 2 rather fluffy ones (Garfield & Rusty), Gidget is probably a tad overweight and Fluffy is my little bit. She doesn' even weigh 8 pounds, but on her it is just right. It is hard to give the ones that need the extra food because the ones that don't always seem to gobble it up. I hope your 2 big boys do well at the vets and maybe they can try a bit of the lite food. I know Purina One makes a "Healthy Weight Management" dry food. I try to give them that as a treat more often than the real treats. They think they are getting something special, but it is still good for them. Of course, now that they have discovered the Whiskas Temptations I may have spoken to soon. Anyway, Good Luck Gary! Let us know how they do.

Don Juan's mom
07-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I got Don Juan started on the Pounce Tartar Control treats. I mix them in the food, and they seem to work pretty well at keeping teeth clean. Zerlina eats them too.

I got a lecture from my vet about Don Juan's weight (14 pounds), although the Dr. was working from a chart and Don Juan is looooong! I started him on the Nutro Nature's Choice Weight Management formula, and he seemed a little healthier on that, although he didn't lose much weight.

Then I got Zerlina, who definitely does NOT need diet food. But she would eat Don Juan's food, and Don Juan ate her regular adult formula! So, now I just give them both half-and-half. Oh, well.:D

Liz