PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle 112

AmberLee
02-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Puzzle 112

Here are the rules:

1. You may only guess one letter at a time.

2. After you have guessed a letter, you must wait for another player to guess a letter before you can go again.

3. The host of the game responding to a guess does not count as a turn. Should you choose a letter, then receive a response from the member host, you must wait for the next member to guess a letter.

4. One point will be awarded for each correct consonent, 2 points for each correct vowel.

5. Only six misses are allowed in the game.

6. If you wish to guess the phrase, send it to me via Pet Talk personal email. [This is accessible via the 'PM' or 'Profile' buttons on any of my posts.] DO NOT post it on the forum. If you wish to guess a letter, post it on the forum.

7. You must have submitted a correct letter to submit your solution. Unlike letters, if you submit a wrong solution, you are disqualified from continuing in that puzzle.

8. The player who correctly guesses the phrase wins the game. If no one has guessed it correctly after six misses, then the player with the most points wins the game.

And here is what you win...you get to create the next puzzle. (Should you win the game, and do not care to host the next puzzle, you may pass your puzzle play to the member with the next highest points)

Here is the puzzle:

"---- ----------- ------- ------ ---- ------ --- ----- ------- ----. --- --- -- --------- ------------ --- -----'- ------ --- ---- ------ -- -------- -- -------. --- --- ------- ---- --- ---- --------------- ------- -------- -- ----- --- ------- ---- --- --- ----. -------- --- ------ ----, ------ ---- ---- --- ----- --- ---- - --- -- --- -----. -- ----- --- ---- ---- -- ---- --- -- ------- --- -- "----" --- ----. -- --- ---- ---- ----- ---- ------ -------- ----- --- --- - --- ------ -- --- -----. ------ - --- ----, ---- --- ---- ------- ---- --- ----- --- ----- ------ --- --- - --- -- --- -----. --- ---- ---- --- ------ ------------ ---- ------, --- ---- ------------- ----- ------- --- - --- ---- ----- -- ---- ---- -------- --- -------- ---- --- -- ------. -- - --- -- ------- -- --- -----, --- ---- -- ------ -- ---- -- --, ------ ---- -- --- ---------, -- ------- -------. ~~ ---- ----------, "------- --- --- ------ ---""

Letters left to guess:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Score:
None yet. Good Luck !!!

Fuzzy317
02-18-2002, 06:16 PM
E please

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2002, 06:32 PM
A please.

AmberLee
02-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Here are the rules:

2. After you have guessed a letter, you must wait for another player to guess a letter before you can go again.

3. The host of the game responding to a guess does not count as a turn. Should you choose a letter, then receive a response from the member host, you must wait for the next member to guess a letter.

4. One point will be awarded for each correct consonent, 2 points for each correct vowel.

6. If you wish to guess the phrase, send it to me via Pet Talk personal email. [This is accessible via the 'PM' or 'Profile' buttons on any of my posts.] DO NOT post it on the forum. If you wish to guess a letter, post it on the forum.

7. You must have submitted a correct letter to submit your solution. Unlike letters, if you submit a wrong solution, you are disqualified from continuing in that puzzle.

8. The player who correctly guesses the phrase wins the game. If no one has guessed it correctly after six misses, then the player with the most points wins the game.

And here is what you win...you get to create the next puzzle. (Should you win the game, and do not care to host the next puzzle, you may pass your puzzle play to the member with the next highest points)

Here is the puzzle:

"---- -e--------e --e---- ------ ---- -e---e --e ---e- -e----- ---e. --e --- -- a-------- a------a---- --e ---e-'- -e---- a-- ---- e-e--- -- -e-ea-e- -- --e----. --- -a- --e-e-- ---- --- ---- ----------a-e-- --e---- --a-e-e- -- -a--- a-- ----ea- --e- -e- --- ----. --e-e-e- --- -e---- ---e, ------ --a- ---- --- --ee- --- ---- a --- -- -e- -----. A- ----- --- ---- -a-e -- -e-- -e- -- -e----- -e- -- "----" -e- ----. -- --- ---e ---- ---a- ---e ------ --ee---- ----- --e -a- a --- ------ -- -e- -----. ------ a -e- -a--, ---- --- ---- -ea---e --a- --- -e-e- -a- -e--- ---e-- --e -a- a --- -- -e- -----. --- --e- ---- --- --a--- a------a---- ---- -e----, --e ---- a----a---a--- -e--- ------- --- a --- ---- ----- -- -a-- ---- --ee---- a-- a-----a- --e- --- -- -e----. -- a --- -- a--ea-- -- -e- -----, --e ---- -e ---e-- -- --e- -- --, -a--e- --a- -- --e --------e, -- -e-ea-e -e-----. ~~ --e- ----e--a--, "-a--e-- --- --e ---e-- ---""

Letters left to guess:
B C D F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Score:

Fuzzy317 E (83) = 166 points (!!!)
MomofFuzzyFaces A (45) = 90 points (By the way, I LOVE your sign-in name!!!)

Good Luck !!!

Karen
02-18-2002, 07:13 PM
O, please!

AmberLee
02-18-2002, 07:36 PM
Here are the rules:

Here is the puzzle:

"-o-- -e--------e --e---- o----- ---- -e-o-e --e o--e- -e----- -o-e. --e -o- -- a---o---- a------a---- --e o--e-'- -e---- a-- ---- e-e--- -- -e-ea-e- -- --e----. -o- -a- --e-e-- -o-- -o- --o- ----------a-e-- --e---- --a-e-e- -- -a--- a-- ----ea- --e- -e- o-- -o--. --e-e-e- -o- -e---- -o-e, ------ --a- -o-- -o- --ee- -o- ---- a -o- -- -e- -o---. A- ----- -o- ---- -a-e -o -e-- -e- -- -e----- -e- -o "----" -e- -o--. -o -o- ---e -o-- ---a- -o-e -o---- --ee---- ----- --e -a- a -o- ------ -- -e- -o---. ------ a -e- -a--, -o-- -o- ---- -ea---e --a- -o- -e-e- -a- -e--o ---e-- --e -a- a -o- -- -e- -o---. -o- --e- -o-- -o- --a--- a------a---- -o-- -e----, --e ---- a--o-a---a--- -e--- -oo---- -o- a -o- ---- ----- -o -a-- -o-- --ee---- a-- a---o-a- --e- -o- -o -e----. -- a -o- -- a--ea-- -- -e- -o---, --e ---- -e ---e-- -o --e- o- --, -a--e- --a- o- --e --------e, -o -e-ea-e -e---o-. ~~ --e- -o--e--a--, "-a--e-- -o- --e -o-e-- -o-""

Letters left to guess:
B C D F G H I J K L M N P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Score:

Fuzzy317 E (83) = 166 points (!!!)
MomofFuzzyFaces A (45) = 90 points (By the way, I LOVE your sign-in name!!!)
Karen O (63) = 126 points

Good Luck !!!

Fuzzy317
02-18-2002, 08:01 PM
T please

AmberLee
02-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Here is the puzzle:

"-o-t -e-t---t--e --e---- o----- ---t -e-o-e t-e o--e- -et---- -o-e. T-e -o- -- a--io---- a-t----at--- t-e o--e-'- -et--- a-- t--- e-e--- -- -e-e--e- -- --e----. -o- -a- --e-e-t -o-- -o- --o- ----------ate-- --e---- --ate-e- -- -a--- a-- ---tea- --e- -e- o-- to--. --e-e-e- -o- -et--- -o-e, -----t t-at -o-- -o- --eet -o- --t- a to- -- -e- -o-t-. At ----t -o- ---- -a-e to -e-- -e- -- te----- -e- to "----" -e- to-. -o -ot ---e -o-- ---a- -o-e -o---- --eet--- --t-- --e -a- a to- ------ -- -e- -o-t-. --t--- a -e- -a--, -o-- -o- ---- -ea---e t-at -o- -e-e- -a- -e--o ---e-- --e -a- a to- -- -e- -o-t-. -o- --e- -o-- -o- -ta-t- a-t----at--- -o-- -et---, --e ---- a-to-at--a--- -e--- -oo---- -o- a to- --t- ----- to -a-n -o-- --eet--- a-- a---o-a- --e- -o- -o -et---. -- a to- -- a--ea-- -- -e- -o-t-, --e ---- -e ---e-- to --e- o- -t, -at-e-r t-a- o- t-e -----t--e, to -e-ea-e te---o-. ~~ --e- -o--e--a--, "-a--e-- -o- t-e -o-e-- -o-""

Score:

Fuzzy317 E (83); T (64) = 230 points (!!!)
MomofFuzzyFaces A (45) = 90 points

Good Luck !!!

Randi
02-19-2002, 05:01 AM
N, please :)

Fuzzy317
02-19-2002, 05:02 AM
H please :)

Randi
02-19-2002, 05:08 AM
G, please :)

delidog
02-19-2002, 05:16 AM
"i" please

Randi
02-19-2002, 05:32 AM
R, please :)

slleipnir
02-19-2002, 06:05 AM
u plz

Randi
02-19-2002, 06:19 AM
L, please :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2002, 10:55 AM
S, please.
Glad you like my sign in name. Fuzzy faces are so much fun.

AmberLee
02-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Here is the puzzle:

"-ost -estru-ti-e -he-ing o--urs -ust -e-ore the o-ner returns ho-e. The -og is an-iousl- anti-i-ating the o-ner's return an- this energ- is release- -- -he-ing. -ou -an -re-ent -our -og -ro- in-is-ri-natel- -he-ing -hate-er is han-- an- instea- -he- her o-n to-s. -hene-er -ou return ho-e, insist that -our -og greet -ou -ith a to- in her -outh. At -irst -ou -ill ha-e to hel- her -- telling her to "-in-" her to-. -o not gi-e -our usual ho-e -o-ing greeting until she has a to- -ir-l- in her -outh. -ithin a -e- -a-s, -our -og -ill reali-e that -ou ne-er sa- hello unless she has a to- in her -outh. No- -hen -our -og starts anti-i-ating -our return, she -ill auto-ati-all- -egin loo-ing -or a to- -ith -hi-h to gain -our greeting an- a--ro-al -hen -ou -o return. I- a to- is alrea-- in her -outh, she -ill -e li-el- to -he- on it, rather than on the -urniture, to release tension. ~~ G-en -ohnen-a--, "-anners -or the -o-ern -og""

Letters left to guess:
B C D F J K M P Q V W X Y Z

Score:

Fuzzy317 E (83); T (64); H (50) = 280 points (!!!)
MomofFuzzyFaces A (45); S (36) = 126 points
Randi N (60); G (24); R (56); L (29) = 169 points
Delidog I (55) = 110 points
Sleipnir U (33) = 66 points

Good Luck !!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2002, 03:18 PM
F, next please.

Randi
02-19-2002, 03:29 PM
W, please :)

AmberLee
02-19-2002, 04:00 PM
Here is the puzzle:

"-ost -estru-ti-e -hewing o--urs -ust -efore the owner returns ho-e. The -og is an-iousl- anti-i-ating the owner's return an- this energ- is release- -- -hewing. -ou -an -re-ent -our -og fro- in-is-ri-natel- -hewing whate-er is han-- an- instea- -hew her own to-s. Whene-er -ou return ho-e, insist that -our -og greet -ou with a to- in her -outh. At first -ou will ha-e to hel- her -- telling her to "fin-" her to-. -o not gi-e -our usual ho-e -o-ing greeting until she has a to- fir-l- in her -outh. Within a few -a-s, -our -og will reali-e that -ou ne-er sa- hello unless she has a to- in her -outh. Now when -our -og starts anti-i-ating -our return, she will auto-ati-all- -egin loo-ing for a to- with whi-h to gain -our greeting an- a--ro-al when -ou -o return. If a to- is alrea-- in her -outh, she will -e li-el- to -hew on it, rather than on the furniture, to release tension. ~~ Gwen -ohnen-a--, "-anners for the -o-ern -og""

Letters left to guess:
B C D J K M P Q V X Y Z

Score:

MomofFuzzyFaces A (45); S (36); F (10) = 136 points
Randi N (60); G (24); R (56); L (29); W (23) = 192 points

Good Luck !!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2002, 04:03 PM
D, this time, please.

AmberLee
02-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Here is the puzzle:

"-ost destru-ti-e -hewing o--urs -ust -efore the owner returns ho-e. The dog is an-iousl- anti-i-ating the owner's return and this energ- is released -- -hewing. -ou -an -re-ent -our dog fro- indis-ri-natel- -hewing whate-er is hand- and instead -hew her own to-s. Whene-er -ou return ho-e, insist that -our dog greet -ou with a to- in her -outh. At first -ou will ha-e to hel- her -- telling her to "find" her to-. Do not gi-e -our usual ho-e -o-ing greeting until she has a to- fir-l- in her -outh. Within a few da-s, -our dog will reali-e that -ou ne-er sa- hello unless she has a to- in her -outh. Now when -our dog starts anti-i-ating -our return, she will auto-ati-all- -egin loo-ing for a to- with whi-h to gain -our greeting and a--ro-al when -ou do return. If a to- is alread- in her -outh, she will -e li-el- to -hew on it, rather than on the furniture, to release tension. ~~ Gwen -ohnen-a--, "-anners for the -odern Dog""

Letters left to guess:
B C J K M P Q V X Y Z

Score:

MomofFuzzyFaces A (45); S (36); F (10); D (20) = 156 points

Good Luck !!!

petspoil
02-19-2002, 04:46 PM
M please

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2002, 04:50 PM
Y, please

AmberLee
02-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Here is the puzzle:

"Most destru-ti-e -hewing o--urs -ust -efore the owner returns home. The dog is an-iously anti-i-ating the owner's return and this energy is released -y -hewing. You -an -re-ent your dog from indis-riminately -hewing whate-er is handy and instead -hew her own toys. Whene-er you return home, insist that your dog greet you with a toy in her mouth. At first you will ha-e to hel- her -y telling her to "find" her toy. Do not gi-e your usual home -oming greeting until she has a toy firmly in her mouth. Within a few days, your dog will reali-e that you ne-er say hello unless she has a toy in her mouth. Now when your dog starts anti-i-ating your return, she will automati-ally -egin loo-ing for a toy with whi-h to gain your greeting and a--ro-al when you do return. If a toy is already in her mouth, she will -e li-ely to -hew on it, rather than on the furniture, to release tension. ~~ Gwen -ohnen-am-, "Manners for the Modern Dog""

Letters left to guess:
B C J K P Q V X Z

Score:

MomofFuzzyFaces A (45); S (36); F (10); D (20); Y (32) = 188 points
PetSpoil M (16) = 16 points

Good Luck !!!

AmberLee
02-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Anybody want to guess a consonant? Going cheap! (:D) We're getting way close here, peoples!!!

Fuzzy317
02-19-2002, 08:56 PM
I will take a letter "C". :D

AmberLee
02-19-2002, 09:11 PM
Here is the puzzle:

"Most destructi-e chewing occurs -ust -efore the owner returns home. The dog is an-iously antici-ating the owner's return and this energy is released -y chewing. You can -re-ent your dog from indiscriminately chewing whate-er is handy and instead chew her own toys. Whene-er you return home, insist that your dog greet you with a toy in her mouth. At first you will ha-e to hel- her -y telling her to "find" her toy. Do not gi-e your usual home coming greeting until she has a toy firmly in her mouth. Within a few days, your dog will reali-e that you ne-er say hello unless she has a toy in her mouth. Now when your dog starts antici-ating your return, she will automatically -egin loo-ing for a toy with which to gain your greeting and a--ro-al when you do return. If a toy is already in her mouth, she will -e li-ely to chew on it, rather than on the furniture, to release tension. ~~ Gwen -ohnen-am-, "Manners for the Modern Dog""

Letters left to guess:
B J K P Q V X Z

Score:

Fuzzy317 E (83); T (64); H (50); C (15) = 295 points (!!!)
MomofFuzzyFaces A (45); S (36); F (10); D (20); Y (32) = 188 points
PetSpoil M (16) = 16 points

Good Luck !!!

AmberLee
02-19-2002, 09:23 PM
Well, we've gotten one guess in and the quote is right, but there is an error in the author's name. I believe this disqualifies the guess, so we carry on from here. Is there any disagreement with my reading of the situation?

If my assumption can be shown to be false, please get in touch with me quickly.

Thank you. :confused: :confused:

Fuzzy317
02-19-2002, 10:05 PM
The name was included in the puzzle, so guessing a wrong name disqualifies them (me) from continuing in the puzzle.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2002, 11:40 PM
B, please. The name has me stumped too.

delidog
02-20-2002, 04:49 AM
"v" please

Randi
02-20-2002, 09:05 AM
I didn't get the name right either and of course that's part of it - so on with the next one! (it must be guessed by now I suppose)

By the way, why is this Puzzle in Dog General? How about a quote about cats? Or other animals? Just asking. :)

AmberLee
02-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Here is a copy of Randi's correct guess:

Most destructive chewing occurs just before the owner returns home. The dog is anxiously anticipating the owner's return and this energy is released by chewing. You can prevent your dog from indiscriminately chewing whatever is handy and instead chew her own toys. Whenever you return home, insist that your dog greet you with a toy in her mouth. At first you will have to help her by telling her to "find" her toy. Do not give your usual home coming greeting until she has a toy firmly in her mouth. Within a few days, your dog will realize that you never say hello unless she has a toy in her mouth. Now when your dog starts anticipating your return, she will automatically begin looking for a toy with which to gain your greeting and approval when you do return. If a toy is already in her mouth, she will be likely to chew on it, rather than on the furniture, to release tension. ~~ Gwen Bohnenkamp, "Manners for the Modern Dog"

Well done, Randi!!! Do you wish to host/hostess the next puzzle?

The original puzzles all had a dog theme, but I think opening it up to all creatures would be a nice touch -- maybe move it to Pet General. Do the current puzzlers agree?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-20-2002, 01:01 PM
Congrats to Randi!
I think moving it to Pet General would be a great idea. We would have to figure out what critter it was about as well as solve it.

AmberLee
02-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Randi has accepted the challenge and is investigating quotes to use. I believe she is planning on hosting the next puzzle in the Pets General area. Sounds like fun! :cool: :cool: Hope to see you there!

Fuzzy317
02-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Puzzle 113 (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=8393&referrerid=1078) is started in Pet General.