PDA

View Full Version : New Here

DS Chins
07-09-2005, 12:09 PM
I just wanted to say hi as I am new here :)
My name is Kim, I have a busy life, with being a navy wife, vice president of a newly founded NPO that works to raise funds for worldwide animal shelters with most of our member's being military and military spouses.
I also do my share of fostering and rescueing, as well as keeping up with my own pet forum that is still fairly new.
I also raise/breed and rescue chinchillas :)

finn's mom
07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey, welcome to Pet Talk! You ARE busy! :) That's awesome, though! I need to busier! ;) I'm Kari, I have a yellow lab named Finn, you can see his silly face in my pretty signatures. It's nice to meet you, Kim....

kittycats_delight
07-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Kim it's nice to meet you and welcome to Pet Talk or as we pettalk fungi like to call it PT. You sound like you have quite a busy life. Good Job girl. My name is Michelle. I have to cats. Both of which are in my signature. The one with more white is Vixen and the darker girl is Lilith. We hope to hear more from you and that you enjoy PT.

buckner
07-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Welcome aboard, Kim!! You'll enjoy this place very much.

You sound very busy, that's so cool! I'm very glad to see that you rescue and foster. I wish I had the means and room to do that whenever it was needed.

What's the name/link of your pet forum, if you don't mind me asking?

My name's Sara and I'm owned by a Cocker Spaniel named Daisy. She's in my signature below. She's the run of the household, as most dogs are.

I hope you love it here as much as the rest of it do!

furrykidsmother
07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Hi Kim!!! Welcome to PT, you will love it here. My name is Amanda and I am mother to 4 furrykids seen in my signature and avatar which Michelle (kittycats_delight) was kind enough to make for me. ENJOY!!!

RobiLee
07-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Hello and welcome to Pet talk! My name is Robin and those are my two furkids in my signature below.

Karen
07-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! We don;t have much representation from the chinnie side of things, so a bouncy welcome to you!

My name is Karen, I'm one of the founders of Pet Talk, and my current Pet is Miss Hoppy - that's her as my avatar! :)

chocolatepuppy
07-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Kim! Welcome to Pet Talk! :D

DS Chins
07-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

As asked my forum is www.animaldreamz.com it is still very new ;)

My chinchilla site is http://dirtysouthchinchillas.animaldreamz.com which is still a work in progress.

I do try as busy as possible, and with my husband still in Italy (I moved back early), I have taken in few fosters, but when we are together, look out .... lol

A little more about my zoo .... Currently I have here with my Sydney (almost 5 months) a female red merle Australian Cattle Dog, she was adopted 2 days after moving here from the local animal control. I also have Gretchen a 9 month old female Rotti, she was adopted through a friend (she wasn't treated very nice in her previous home), 2 cats, 30+ chinchillas and 1 Hedgie.
In Italy with my husband are our other 6 dogs (yes 6 more), most were rescues from there, 2 more cats, 11 more chinchillas (6 were rescues) and our 4 bunnies (all rescues).
Yup a zoo ... lol ... but we have no children, so they are all our children and I couldn't imagine life without them.

Lady's Human
07-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Welcome, DS, I suppose I'll have to refrain from army sailor jokes now....:(

Toby's my baby
07-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Kim!! You sure do sould busy, but I sounds like a fun kind of busy, especially since you get to be with animals :)

I am owned by 2 horses, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 1 duck (who is currently missing)

I know you will enjoy it here, and soon become addicted, like most of us :o, not that its a bad thing;)

KYS
07-09-2005, 06:42 PM
A warm welcome to Pet Talk. :)

Karen

Anita Cholaine
07-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi, and welcome to PT!!!! My name is NAtali, and I think its great everything you do...:)

rizzy
07-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk DS Chins! You sound like you are kept pretty busy, but also like a very nice person. I'm glad to have you on pet talk.:)

luvofallhorses
07-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Welcome :)

DS Chins
07-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Thank you again for the warm welcome :)

anna_66
07-10-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm Anna and I'm owned by the three in my siggy below.
Looking forward to getting to know you:)

davidpizzica
07-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Kim, a BIG welcome to Pet Talk! I'm david p, one of the few male members here. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. and I'm a cat butler to Nikki, a 4 Y.O. tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 2 Y.O. Tortie kitty. There are pictures of them in my signature. I volunteer with Cat Sense, a cat rescue organization in Pittsburgh. These two were rescued/adopted from there. Kim I hope you post real often as this forum can be addicting!

crsvstang
07-10-2005, 10:45 AM
hello and welcome!

Jamieejo85
07-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi kim,welcome to Pet talk. I am sure that since you are a big animal lover like the rest of us this site will be addicting. There are nothing but great people and pets on this site. I am Jamie and have 2 dogs, Chico is a black lab, and Guapo is a chihuahua and you can see him in my signature. I also h ave two cats, Cosmo and Shady:) Look forward to learning more about you and your pets. Off to check out your site now....:D

DS Chins
07-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Thank you again :)

David I would love to hear all about the cat rescue, as our organization works on raising funds for various worldwide animal shelters, and we are always looking for "good" shelters to help ;)

Jamiee if you visit my forum, please know it is limited to guests and what they can see ;) There are alot of other forums that only member's can view and post to.

davidpizzica
07-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DS Chins
Thank you again :)

David I would love to hear all about the cat rescue, as our organization works on raising funds for various worldwide animal shelters, and we are always looking for "good" shelters to help ;)

Jamiee if you visit my forum, please know it is limited to guests and what they can see ;) There are alot of other forums that only member's can view and post to. DS Chins, If you can give me your e-mail address, I can e-mail you the Cat Sense web page. It will explain all about Cat Sense and what it does. WE don't havea shelter builing yet, all of our cats are in foster care.

Chica
07-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Hello DS Chins,;)
I am owned by a brindle chihuahua. She is 15 months old. My niece is an army wife. Her husband is in Sinai Penninsula right now keeping the peace at the border of Egypt and Isreal. She was in North Carolina for a while with her husband. Now she is near the family while he is away.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/Wooden_welcome.gif
:D :D :D :D :D

gemini9961
07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Welcome to PT :) I'm Amber and you can see my furkids in my signature below.