View Full Version : Danes Invade Southern California

Edwina's Secretary
07-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Beware Los Angeles....it is coming your way....

Randi has been here since late Wednesday night....we've shopped, eaten at the beach, visited the ghost of Richard Nixon in San Clemente, floated in the pool and just generally been decadent!

Now it is the big time.....Los Angeles! We are off to see Rascal, Emma and Annie....oh yes....and Gini too ;) ;) in LaLa Land.

lizbud
07-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Woo hoo :D Have a ball y'all.:D Tell Randi hi from all of us.:)

Barbara
07-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Who are the Danes in plural who invaded? Did Randi bring Fister? And where are the pics of all these memorable events?:D

slick
07-09-2005, 11:51 AM
PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

Have a blast you guys and I'll see you in less than a week. Big {{{hugs}}} to you all. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Just gotta reiterate the need for pictures! Come on you two, you should know better than that!! ;)

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful time and I'm so jealous and wish I was there with you! But that will be soon enough since we arrive Wednesday. Sara, we'll probably be to your place sometime late Wednesday afternoon. Then Thursday we are meeting up with our friends for the day and then Friday and Saturday with you guys. I just simply can not wait!!! :D :cool: :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2005, 05:40 PM
It sounds like you're having a great time.:) My parents own a house in San Clemente but aren't there at the moment. I also agree that we need lots of pictures.:D I'll see you on Sat. July 16th.:D

NoahsMommy
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
HOW FUN!!! :)

Randi, I hope you and Sara are enjoying your time together!! I bet lunch at Gini's was fun!! Soooo jealous!

See you both next weekend!!!

AmberLee
07-10-2005, 01:43 AM
DaneS????

Yippee, KAK, I think she brought Fister!!!!!! Whooohooo, this is even greater than I hoped!

Edwina's Secretary
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
No, no...I was only referring to the smoked dried FISH in addition to Randi!

delidog
07-10-2005, 07:48 AM
Yeah!!!!!
Edwina & Randi Go to Hollywood!!!!

Please,When Visiting the Land of "Celuloid Heroes" (Thanks Ray)
One Must Supply Video!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE POST PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;)

slick
07-10-2005, 12:06 PM
**taps foot**
Still waiting for pictures over here.... ;)

Killearn Kitties
07-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Randi will need to write a diary. Eddie will give her a few pointers.
That would be an illustrated diary, of course ...

Edwina's Secretary
07-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Randi and Gini at a posh restaurant on the beach...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pcfac37f30473dd5cf0f62d5a0a90c6ee/f352633c.jpg

Randi, Harley Momma....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/p54d21066976837488f522bce150849ae/f3526352.jpg

lizbud
07-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Great pictures.:cool: More please.:D How did Randi like the
ride? What did you all have for lunch? Looks like a lovely spot.:D

slick
07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Darn! With my crummy monitor the pictures are showing up really, really dark and I can't see any detail. Guess I'm going to have to wait until I arrive at Gini's to see them properly. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Looks/sounds like you're have a perfectly lovely time, Randi! Just a few more days until I get to finally meet you! :D

No, no...I was only referring to the smoked dried FISH in addition to Randi!
Huh? Ok never mind, I don't think I want to know....;) :p (sorry, not much of a fish lover if I do say so myself.) ;)

ramanth
07-11-2005, 09:51 AM
How fun! :D

Barbara
07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Looks/sounds like you're have a perfectly lovely time, Randi!

I read about the dried fish and then it occurred to me that I read " a LONELY time":D :D :D

Randi you still look too European on your Harley. I always had a different image of a Californian Harley momma in my mind:D

delidog
07-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah!!!
Great Pics!!!
How was the Ride,Randi????
If you get near Sacremento....Be sure to Tour The Vineyards!!!!
Being the Connesieur that you are!!! ;)

Randi
07-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Don't worry, it's only me and some dried fish. :) I do wish I could have brought Fister to meet Eddie, Edwina and Rascal, they would have got along just fine. Rascal reminded me so much of him - what a gorgeous boy he is! :)

Apart from a few areas in LA, I simply LOVE it here! Sara and I took a stroll up Rodeo Drive and I went in to ask the price for a haircut at Jose Eber. Starting price was $100. :eek:

Edwina and Eddie are sweeter than you can imagine and I'm having a great time with Sara and Don. They are spoiling me rotten. :)

I've already seen quite a few places. The other night we went to a fish restaurant at San Clemente pier, we got the best table too. :D

Barbara, I may not look very cool on the back of Don's Harley, but I tell you, I'm glad I put more clothes on - driving along the coast can be rather chilly. We took the freeway back. It was so cool! :cool:

Eddie's been grounded for more than a day now, I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Lets see if he can persuade Sara to go out later. ;) I'll go and have a cuddle with him now. :)

I'll try to get my pics on later. :)

Vio&Juni
07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I love your picture on the Harley, Randi :)

Looks like you're having a great time. What a great getaway! A vacation with cats included is the best vacation.

Is Edwina giving you any attention?

Edwina's Secretary
07-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I am having some difficulty prying Randi away from the pool.....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pd1cc5823c98d38ee96fb77784dc2b5e1/f345b91b.jpg

Eddie has more luck!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pbb46cab3fa3a7387332c495b993160bb/f345b90d.jpg

Eddie and Edwina are prparing a guest room....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pf6295e4190629fba9ff17eb6a2189dfe/f345b929.jpg

Vio&Juni
07-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Great!

Logan
07-13-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun! The only thing I would like more is if I could be right there with you!!!!!! ;) Maybe next year!!!!!

Logan

RedHedd
07-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Yeah!!!
Great Pics!!!
How was the Ride,Randi????
If you get near Sacremento....Be sure to Tour The Vineyards!!!!
Being the Connesieur that you are!!! ;) Vineyards in Sacramento? Since when? :p Actually Sacramento is WAY far away up north from Southern California .... vineyards are in Sonoma .... California geography lesson for today .... ;)

popcornbird
07-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Vineyards in Sacramento? Since when? :p Actually Sacramento is WAY far away up north from Southern California .... vineyards are in Sonoma .... California geography lesson for today .... ;)

LOL!!!! That's what I was thinking. :p Sacramento doesn't really have much to see. No vineyards there. :D They're all in Sonoma Valley. Hehe. And Sonoma is faaaaaaar from where Randi is.

Great pictures. We have those same airbeds for guests. :p Looks like Randi's having a great time, and that you're having a great time with her!

Rachel
07-13-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm so jealous....I would love to spend time .....with the E's...

RedHedd
07-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Sacramento doesn't really have much to see. Well it is where Arnold lives .... but .... :rolleyes: RICHARD! Help me out here? :D

Edwina's Secretary
07-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Sometimes it is the newest one who knows the land......

There is a large grape producer area just north of LA....including Simi Valley....the movie SIDEWAYS was filmed there and took place in the vienyards there. There is also a vine producing area south and east of LA.....:D :D

Barbara
07-14-2005, 11:00 AM
I knew there would be something that got you to LA:D

caseysmom
07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey Hey Hey I am from the sacramento area....and we get tired of the folks from la la land making us out to be a bunch of cow pastures!

We do have vineyars in the mendocina valley, but vineyards definetely aren't a sacramento thing. I have yet to see Ahhhrnold...we do have the capitol, sutters fort, a few museums...oh and a few cow pastures;)

RICHARD
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Well it is where Arnold lives .... but .... :rolleyes: RICHARD! Help me out here? :D

And give away one of our secrets???

Sacramento is a thriving area, We have the state capitol there!!

I'm not gonna say too much...

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/about_the_city.htm (http://)

popcornbird
07-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Well it is where Arnold lives .... but .... :rolleyes: RICHARD! Help me out here? :D

Yeah...that's about it. ;) LOL! I'm just kidding......there are some nice things about Sacramento...certain things I really like, but when most of the state is beautiful with mountains and nice scenery, Sacramento just seems so flat and boring (and grape-wine-less). :p Sure Sacramento does have the Sacramento River....but not much else. ;)

Now................

It seems that California's weather really is affected by the coming of PT'ers. ;) When Sara moved here, she brought rain, rain, and more rain along with her from Chicago. NOW, we were having the most LOVELY cool summer ever, and PT'ers from hotter areas are arriving and bringing the heat with them. Its so HOT today. Thank God for AC! 'sigh'

I want the 70 degree weather back.

caseysmom
07-14-2005, 03:40 PM
I guess thats what I like about it here...we don't have all the things la has...although it is getting for like la all the time. We have a short drive to sf..to lake tahoe, to mountains to oceans and we have decent house prices...well sort of.

My husbands best friend comes to visit from la all the time and we get those comments about having nothing all the time, I get sick of it but I like it so I guess I don't care what anyone else thinks.

NoahsMommy
07-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey! Sacramento is a gorgeous area!!!

caseysmom
07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Well also we have the sacrameno kings! (except my boyfriend Vlade left to lala land)

popcornbird
07-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Hey! Sacramento is a gorgeous area!!!

I know it is LOL. :D I'm just kidding...he he. I like Sacramento soooo much better than LA...and I LOVE Roseville, Folsom, and other cities around Sacramento. It is a nice area, and affordable too...but...no vineyards. ;) But of course, that doesn't matter though. Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the coast....all of those beautiful areas are close enough to Sacramento to visit when you want to. The Sacramento area has some BEAUTIFUL homes.

wolflady
07-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
...I want the 70 degree weather back.

Me too! It's so dang hot now! *sigh*

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh no.... crying....:( . I missed this thread completely :rolleyes: :eek: . What a dumb woman I am.... :rolleyes:

I love the pics of Randi enjoying California!! Lucky you, Randi: you are really meeting the E's!!! Wow, that makes me so jalous!!