PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life.....

jenluckenbach
07-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Between 6 am and 7:30 when I leave for work, this is what I have to get done:

shower
eat
dress
fix hair

check email and pet talk

feed the 16 down stairs cats
feed the 7 upstairs fosters
pet DaVinci who is still timid, but coming around
reach under sofa to pet Asper who, for some reason, has decided to live under there
make certain that Asper eats something
give medicine to the 5 cats upstairs
put neosporin on a sore I found on Rachel
scoop the poop
check 10 water bowls
give pills to 4 resident cats
chase Rachel (or Pumpkin) down the hall when they escape out of foster land
baby-face Willow so he will finish his breakfast

THEN I have to go to work!

orangemm
07-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Sounds like this is a whole DAY of work!

Then, of course, when you come home, you probably do a lot of the morning routine AGAIN!

A woman's work is never done...........

catnapper
07-09-2005, 08:14 AM
What??? no time to kiss Charlie goodbye? :eek: ;) :D

catmandu
07-09-2005, 10:23 AM
THAT IS A LOT,OF WORK,AND I HAVEA BIT,TO DO,BUT AS I AM OLDER,I HAVE STREAMLINED THINGS,A BIT.
THEY HAVE 6 LITTER BOXES,AND 6 FREESTYLE FEEDING STATIONS,AND 6 WATER BOWLS. I AM RETIRED,SO I TRY,TO CHANGE THEM,DURING,THE DAY.
AND I HAVE,TO KEEP,THE WATER FRESH,AS I PUT A DENTAL LIQUID,IN.
BUT,YOU REALLY DO HAVE A FULL DAY,JEN.

BUT ONE DAY,AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,YOUR CATS,WILL WAIT,ON YOU,AND YOU WILL BE SITTING,IN A CHAISE LOUNGE,WITH A COOL DRINK,IN YOUR HAND.

momcat
07-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Oh jen, that's a full day's work before you even leave the house! Then there are those times when you're running late and someone insists that you play with him right now!

furrykidsmother
07-09-2005, 01:17 PM
WOW!!! I thought I had it tough when Gidget was on meds! I only had to clean 3 litter boxes twice a day feed 4 cats twice a day and medicine to Gidget twice a day. Guess I had it easy. That reminds me, time for Gingivitis medicine for a couple of them. Oh well, still easier than what you have to go through, but I bet you wouldn't change it for the world. It is probably a relief to go to work so you can rest (ha, ha). I don't envy you, but I am sure that you are very much appreciated for all that you do!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-09-2005, 01:57 PM
OMG!!! Are you sure you mean 7.30 am, I think it is 7.30 pm.....

Lol, that's a lot of work to do, Jen!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Goodness me Jen, you must be exhuasted before you leave the house!! But I suppose it is a labor of love, and very rewarding!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Whew, I'm pooped just reading about it!;) :D

sirrahbed
07-10-2005, 06:14 AM
I was also tired reading all of this!!:D The funny thing is that I bet you do it all very efficiently and sometimes two jobs at once so ther is extra time for dispensing extra lovins!!

Pam
07-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Wow! I guess you have it down to a smooth running routine. I only have one very large litter box to scoop (actually it is an under-the-bed storage container) but I do have to separate my kitties to eat (Andy eats in a crate) so I have to keep checking to see when he is finished so I can let him back out. Does Charlie help you feed or scoop? When I have to be out of town overnight my hubby quite willingly will take over feeding duties and will scoop too but a lot less happily! :p

I hope it is like Gary says and one day at the RB you will be waited on by all of your furry ones! ;)

jenluckenbach
07-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Charlie scoops ALL the resident cats' boxes twice every day. I scoop the fosters' boxes. But I am in charge of feeding and medicine.

Pam
07-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Charlie scoops ALL the resident cats' boxes twice every day.

What a guy! ;) You are a lucky lady Jen! ;)

neko1
07-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Holy moly!

kittycats_delight
07-10-2005, 09:23 AM
That is a lot of going so early in the morning but I know you wouldn't change it for anything in the world.