PDA

View Full Version : [-*Female 'Tiels... Do they Get Along?*-]

flamepony12
07-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Our houskeeper, Lupe, just got a female cockatiel, and is very excited. :)

During the summer, her son will be able to give the 'tiel lots of love and attention, but will be going back to school in August or September. She was thinking of bringing Chiquita (the tiel) to work (our house) during the school year, and maybe a few times during the summer, too.

Do you think Baybi would get along with Chiquita during the day, or should we keep them seperate? Keep in mind that they are both females, and won't be living together, only visiting each other. We won't put Chiquita near Baybi's cage, either, so she won't get protective. We'd keep them in my brother's room, always supervised. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks :)

tikeyas_mom
07-11-2005, 08:43 PM
once baybi hears the other tiel squak then she will freak out.. most likely.. tiels are social birds.. they love to be with one another.. but in a rare case males will be picky about their cage mates..

i would try to keep them seperated..

BitsyNaceyDog
07-12-2005, 08:22 AM
I've worked with tons of cockatiels, mostly rescues, and I've never had a problem with any not getting along with any other. I always recommend that people have 2 cockatiels together. I personally never put a male and female together as I don't want breeding, but 2 of the same sex I always keep together. Cockatiels are so easy to please and they love the company of another cockatiel. The main thing is to have a big enough cage for each of them to have their own space if they so choose.