PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Hamsters and Mice

puggywuggles41893
07-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I was wondering if Dwarf Hamsters got along with mice. I know that Syrian hamsters (Teddy Bear) will eat the mice, but the dwarf mice are smaller and my mice are larger than normal mice. Could by any chance a Russian hamster live with mice?:confused:

jesse_3
07-08-2005, 08:48 PM
I would try and leave your mice in the cage, and if a fight starts, then, or coarse, take them out. If they are fine, then, don't leave them unsupervised. After YOU feel that they are used to eachother enough, let them stay with eachother and check constantly on them and make sure that everything is all right.

That is what I would do, but, I'm not an expert, so...If you don't want to try that, it is perfectly fine by me!

Good Luck:)

CathyBogart
07-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Hamsters are really aggressive, even the dwarf ones. I wouldn't risk it.

Uabassoon
07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't do it. As Cathy said hamsters can be aggressive. If you want mice and dwarf hamsters it's best to house them seperatly.

EricLove
07-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Running a rodent rescue shelter and having some of all rodents and other small animal.. No.. it's not a good idea at all.. In most cases they will fight.. I have seen a kill in under 45 sec before. The owner didn't have time to brake them up.. Sad.. It would be so great if they got along..

Check out our rodent cage raffle. http://www.littleloveables.com

puggywuggles41893
07-10-2005, 11:13 AM
That's what my thought was too. I new the Teddy Bear would eat the mice, but I have not heard anything about dwarf hamsters, but my feeling was the same for the dwarfs. Thanks!