PDA

View Full Version : PT Dogs Calendar?

Kfamr
07-08-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm interested in creating a PT dogs calendar.

I know how to do it but the problem is choosing WHAT pictures to use. So, before I go about everything, I want to know WHO and how many people would be interested.

The calendars would probably be around $25.00.

How I would go about choosing who goes in: (I'm only able to use 12 pictures - plus one for the cover.)

I would hold a contest for each month. (Entrys would be relating to each month) The most voted for the month would be the one to be on the calendar. Also, the photos will have to be on the large side, as well as good quality. I'm thinking a 1600x1200 pixel picture minimum.

Now - I've created a poll to see who would be interested in actually buying. I know there's probably a lot of people who would like to enter their pictures, but I need to know before I spend a lot of time on this how many people will actually buy.

PLEASE only vote if you fully plan to buy one, no matter who's in it!

slleipnir
07-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I voted for the first option, but I didn't read the second one right. My vote really would be for the second. I would love to buy/enter.

Perhaps if you get the time, you could do the 12 months before the end of this year, and have them for sale FOR next year.

Sorry, I'm impatient

Lexi_Lover
07-08-2005, 06:45 PM
I think thats an awesome idea Kay!

I'll buy one, and enter a picture! :D Well, for the ovting that is! I don't care whos in it, its a great oppurtunity!

Kfamr
07-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir

Perhaps if you get the time, you could do the 12 months before the end of this year, and have them for sale FOR next year.

That's what I had already planned on doing. I'd probably end up doing the voting within a few months and then have them ready before next year.

slleipnir
07-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
That's what I had already planned on doing. I'd probably end up doing the voting within a few months and then have them ready before next year.

Oh sorry, I read it wrong :)

fritz03
07-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I think it's a great idea.I'll put a picture in for it.

luvofallhorses
07-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Great idea, Kay :)

finn's mom
07-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Where would the $25 go? Would it go towards charity or anything?

Kfamr
07-08-2005, 07:06 PM
To the website i'll be making them through.
I'm not sure how much would actually go to me, or in my name, but if anything at all it'd go to the Humane Society.

finn's mom
07-08-2005, 07:08 PM
To the website i'll be making them through.
I'm not sure how much would actually go to me, or in my name, but if anything at all it'd go to the Humane Society.

Gotcha. When would we have to pay for them? Would it be a month or so? I didn't know if you were planning to have people pay ahead of time....

Kfamr
07-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Whenever they are put together and you ordered them from the website.
None of the money goes to me directly, it all goes through the website.

finn's mom
07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Ok, one more question, are you only allowed to enter for one month?

Kfamr
07-08-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm going to post rules and everything, probably tomorrow or tonight (If we still have power here), but so everyone can enter and have a chance, i'm only going to allow 1 entry per member.

finn's mom
07-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Cool, that sounds like a great idea, Kay! :)

countrycowgirl
07-08-2005, 08:03 PM
That is a awsome idea Kay!!! I would buy one and be more than willing to enter a picture!!:D

MariaM
07-08-2005, 08:38 PM
I would definitely enter a picture, but I'm not sure I'd be able to buy one. I wish I could though. Unfortunetely, I don't think my piggy bank would allow me.

anna_66
07-08-2005, 08:45 PM
What a wonderful idea! I'm in:D

I'd like to submit a picture and buy also.

Chica
07-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Hello,

I am interested in the calendar idea!!!!:D Count Chica in!!!!! :D :)

Uabassoon
07-08-2005, 09:11 PM
If I have the money I will totally buy one, I'll also have to submit a picture of Payson :D

BitsyNaceyDog
07-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm going to post rules and everything, probably tomorrow or tonight (If we still have power here), but so everyone can enter and have a chance, i'm only going to allow 1 entry per member.

If we don't win one month can we submit a photo for another month? Or can we only submit one photo for the year?

by the way- I'd love to buy one!:)

finn's mom
07-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
If we don't win one month can we submit a photo for another month? Or can we only submit one photo for the year?

Yeah, that's what I was asking earlier, I think it's just one time..... but, I could be wrong. I usually am. ;)

ramanth
07-08-2005, 10:01 PM
I'd buy one and submit a photo. :)

jesse_3
07-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I THINK that I will buy one and submit a pic, so, I didn't vote yet. I'll get back to you tomorrow!

I love what your doing!;)

Steph and Jes

Suki Wingy
07-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Hi Kay, I will give you any pics of Niño you might need, as well as set away $25 for it and of course I will not create any calendars on my cafepress, because I want everyone to buy them from yours for the shelter!

finn's mom
07-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Hi Kay, I will give you any pics of Niño you might need, as well as set away $25 for it and of course I will not create any calendars on my cafepress, because I want everyone to buy them from yours for the shelter!

Are the proceeds going to a shelter, now?

Kfamr
07-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Are the proceeds going to a shelter, now?

What do you mean?
Do you mean her shop or my calendar?

If you mean my calendar, I already stated that If I do get anything it's going to the shelter.

but if anything at all it'd go to the Humane Society.

finn's mom
07-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I remember you saying that, it just sounded like all of it was going to the shelter from Suki Wingy's post. My bad, I misunderstood.

Oggyflute
07-09-2005, 01:26 AM
I'd be interested in submitting & buying Kay if one could be sent down under.:)

Jadapit
07-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I would love a PT calendar. How cool you thought of that. You must be a real thinker huh Kay?;) People get rich that way you know.:p I will also sumbit a picture. I want to make sure I get this right. I can either submit all three of my dogs in one picture or just one of them right? Did that make sence?

Giselle
07-09-2005, 11:08 PM
I'll definitely buy a calender when you get them printed and everything! :) Kay, you really come up with a lot of terrific ideas. I'd give my right arm to have as creative of a mind as you.:p

IMO, I thought the price was set rather high, but I think you stated that 10$ per sale would go to the shelter. In that case, I don't think it's too high at all. As well, though the average cost of a calender is...what...10$? Those companies make their calenders in factories and sell them in bulk so of course the price is considerably cheaper. However, you're making them in lesser numbers, so I can understand why it'd cost more. Like it was said in the other thread, you're doing a greyt job and don't let a few cruel remarks ruin a wonderful idea. :)