PDA

View Full Version : Bleach...

catnapper
07-08-2005, 10:56 AM
I am trying to add more litterboxes, so I 've been cleaning out a few that were donated to me from the rescue (nice... people donated DIRTY litterboxes :rolleyes: ) I've been out in the RAIN with bleach and a scrubber. Bleach splashed on my toes... and Allen's been on my heels trying to lick my feet since I walked in the door.

He has always been like this. If ever I had bleach on my hands from cleaning, he'd be doing everything possible to lick my hands. Why? Anyone else's cats do this? None of my other cats are remotely interested in the bleach.

kittycats_delight
07-08-2005, 11:10 AM
All my cats have done that and still do. They usually start of licking and then bite until I go and wash it off. I guess something tells them it is not good or can be dangerous or something. That's the only thing I can figure it to be.

skneisel74
07-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Maggi does that to pinesol, I am allergic to bleach so I do not know what the attraction is unless like C. Delight said they now it is harmful and they are trying to protect us. But if I hear anything I will keep you posted.

Glacier
07-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Polly Paws adores bleach! She is always in the laundry basket with the whites! Silly kitty!

catmandu
07-08-2005, 05:14 PM
THE FOUND CATS,AS FAR,AS I KNOW,HAVE NEVER SHOWN ANY ATTRACTION,TO BLEACH.
ONLY THE CAT TREATS,BRING,THOSE FURRY PAWS A RUNNING.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/5bae92a8.jpg

rosethecopycat
07-08-2005, 06:13 PM
No. But it sounds dangerous.

I won't let any furball near me when I'm bleaching. And I'm sure to wipe off the residue (from the boxes or floors)

Don Juan's mom
07-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Just a thought: When I have to scrub a particularly hard bit on a litter box, :rolleyes: I use a paste of baking soda, which I also use for odor control. Then I put the box out in the sun (lots of that here in California!) to dry and disinfect.

Liz