PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Know My Beloved (and neutered) Kirby...Check This Out!

QueenScoopalot
07-08-2005, 08:42 AM
http://www.geocities.com/karmafarms/flipper.htm
Way back when, I along with others across the country started up a petition campaign to end this disreputable thorn in the side 'breeder' of these malformed cats. I have no clue if she's still breeding them or not, but can only hope this cruelty has ended. :mad: Apparently others have taken to breeding these deformed cats which infuriates and sickens me! :mad: :( :mad: My dear Kirby came close to being killed by the shelter that he and his three littermates were taken to several years ago, but lucky for Kirby, my vet (who was the vet for that shelter that's now shut down) put in a good word for me, and Kirby has been my bedbug ever since. :) I would have taken in his sister also, but dr. Dunn said she had weepy eyes and though none of the other kittens had eye problems, she was killed. I'm surprised they let me have Kirbstone. :eek:

Barbara
07-08-2005, 09:12 AM
That is so totally and absolutely wrong!

What a deformed mind do you need to BREED a deformed living being?:mad:

sasvermont
07-08-2005, 09:16 AM
I just don't get this at all. Why on earth would you want to continue producing animals with deformities? How sick.

catlover4ever
07-08-2005, 09:32 AM
These people are sick, demented people. :mad: Let's breed them to have twisted hands and feet and see if they like it. :mad:

momcat
07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Cruelty to animals isn't limited to intentional neglect or inflicting injury on an animal. This concept of breeding to intentionally cause a deformity this severe is right off the chart!!! What could possibly be the reason for this? While my heart broke for those poor kittens, my stomach was knotted with rage against these so called breeders. When this person mentioned they were "disappointed" when two kittens in a litter were born normal, I just had to stop reading any more about this atrocity! Jan, where do I sign? Who do I write to? How do we put a stop to this once and for all?

NKBurlington
07-08-2005, 01:47 PM
SICK! SICK! SICK!

moosmom
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Jan,

I just looked at the link and I am SICK!!! :mad:

I thought this woman was put out of business. That's one of the main reasons I HATE breeders!! :mad:

When I tell people I have a Munchkin, they immediately ask me if it's one of those "Twisty Kats". Fortunately, it is not the same thing. Munchkins are cats with a genetic mutation, unlike Twisty Kats that have a deformity.

This is my Shortie Girl.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p9783e9cec838483a95e586b9d110f848/f539f759.jpg

Shortie Girl was rescued from a bad breeder who kept her in a cage for the first year of her life until I asked to foster her. She had never had any socialization with other cats or humans. As I carried her from the judging table at a cat show to her cage, she bit me!!! It was "love at first bite"!

It makes me so mad to hear of people playing around with genetics. That's what Shortie's breeder did. Lucky for me (and unfortunately for Shortie) Shortie had pyometria and had to have an emergency spay. Needless to say she was useless to the breeder because she couldn't have babies. :mad: She's been with me for over 5 years and is THE most perfect, loving calico munchkin in the whole wide world!!

catmandu
07-08-2005, 05:59 PM
AND WHAT BOGGLES,MY MIND,IS THAT THERE IS A MARKET,FOR DEFORMED CATS.
IF ITS AN ACCIDENT,THAT CANT BE AVOIDED.
BUT TO DO,THAT ON PURPOSE!
AS THEY SAID,IN THE OLD MOVIES,WHEN THE MAD SCIENTIST DIED.
HE WAS TAMPERING,IN GODS DOMAIN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/pouncer.jpg

rosethecopycat
07-08-2005, 06:09 PM
But where is Kirby's photo on your siggy?
Do you still have him? (sorry to be ignorant):(

Is there a place on that site, where we can express our disgust with it?

QueenScoopalot
07-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
But where is Kirby's photo on your siggy?
Do you still have him? (sorry to be ignorant):(

Is there a place on that site, where we can express our disgust with it?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/scan0018.jpg
Yes, Kirby is still my bed buggie, and is on another siggy. There's nobody to contact regarding putting an end to the intentional breeding of malformed cats. I know from hearing through the internet, that many of Vicki Speirs cats were stolen.

momcat
07-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Kirby is adorable! He looks like a very happy, content, sweet little guy. The day you got him was Kirby's lucky day! Would you give him a very generous dose of lovebug from me?

QueenScoopalot
07-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Here's a post from (and I detest this term :rolleyes: ) from Twisty Ban (a Yahoo group). Apparently there's a new 'breeder' of these cats in Fulton, N.Y. and I'm trying to find out info on this latest psycho so called breeder. Ughhh. :( :mad: And it baffles me that anyone would even perpetuate this obvious cruelty by purchasing one from a breeder!:rolleyes: Copied, and pasted...

Subject: Re: Vicki Speirs-=--CONTINUES HER EVIL PRODUCTION OF TWISTY CATS

I have a twisty female that I got from a breeder in Fulton, NY. Vickie is not the only insane person breeding these "thalidomide" cats. This breeder states "these cats are unique, different and cute". As far as the vets comments in Vickies report, he needs some "help" also. Enough said!!!!!!!!! My little girl had 4 other siblings that died at birth or shortly after. She was very immune compromised at birth with upper respiratory and herpes which she battles on a regular basis. She also has arthritis (legs, back, etc.) and she is only 1.5 yrs. old. L-Lysine (at flaire-up times) glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM plus colostrum, probiotics, enzymes, and natural foods are daily routine in our household. Those of you that have experience with these babies know the problems they experience on a daily basis. Yes, of course, they adopt because they know no difference, but ????????????????? She is my baby and I try to do the best by her.

Thank you for listening. The bad part of this whole scenario is we have no control over this practice, no laws against it!!!!!!!!!

wolflady
07-09-2005, 11:17 AM
That is just sad, sad, sad. I can't believe that someone has the gall to breed these deformed cats and not think that it's cruelty! :mad: Why do people insist on playing god by perpetuating a specie's genetic mutation and/or deformity? I never could understood why humans encourage unnatural "genetic mutations" and "deformitities" to prosper...after all, they are called this for a reason.

Naked cats aren't natural...and wouldn't survive in the wild, hence it's a mutation (I'm not attacking people who own these cats at all, and they are cute, but the point here is how these "breeds" came about).
These poor "twisty" cats wouldn't survive at all because of their deformity.
These sick excuses for breeders need to be taken down. Too bad they can't experience living with horrible deformities. :mad: