PDA

View Full Version : Happy (slightly early) Gotcha Day, Mowgli!

Lacey
07-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I know it's a little early to be posting this, but I won't have time to do it before work in the morning, so...

On July 8th of last year, Mowgli was brought into my apartment, hissing and spitting and yowling his little head off. The little booger-butt didn't realize that was going to be the best day of his life - the day he finally had a home after 4 months on his own in the wild.

He was such a scared little bundle of orange fluff, spending the night huddled on my bathroom counter, covered in anchovy oil from where he'd knocked over the plate of bait, and with icky black crusty kitty zits all over his chin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/mowgli.jpg

But just look at him now! He's healthy and happy (if a bit skittish still). And, more importantly, he's loved to bits in his forever home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/yugiohgx/mowgnow001.jpg

Happy Gotcha Day, Mowg-monster!

catmandu
07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY,MOWGLI,THAT MOST IMPORTANT DAY,IN A CATS LIFE,WHEN THEY STOP BEING A STRAY,AND BECOME A BELOVED CAT COMPNION.

CONCATULATIONS,TO MIGHTY MOWGLI,FROM ALL THE FOUND CATS,STARRYS,REHOMED STARRYS,AND ANGELS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos696.jpg

AbbyMom
07-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Mowgli!

I remember all your fascinating posts about the little Mowgli.

I'm so glad it worked out for you, Mowgli, and Zelda. And who doesn't love an orangie-boy?

rg_girlca
07-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Mowgli. :D

I remember when you were first introduced to PT. What a scared widdle bit of a thing you were.
Now look at you. All grown up and quite a handsome boy looking so happy.

Hope your day will be filled with lots of special treats, as I know it is always filled with love.:)

sirrahbed
07-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Sweet Mowgli!!

Lacey - hard to believe it is already a year as I remember that first post so well. Have you been able to get the fish oil completely cleaned up yet?:p That *wildman* sure has turned into a sweetie and it makes me happy to remember his arrival and to know he is now somewhere he will be forever loved:D

kuhio98
07-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Mowgli! I can't believe it's been a year already since you wormed your way into all our hearts. Many more happy and healthy years to you.

p.s. We hope that Kahlua stops tormenting you soon.

jazzcat
07-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Handsome Mowgli!

It's hard to believe it's been a year.

furrykidsmother
07-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Mowgli!! After a whole year, it appears that you are still most comfortable in the bathroom!

luvofallhorses
07-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Happy Gotcha day sweetie :)

skneisel74
07-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Happy Gotcha Day!!!

I'm glad to see that you still have a soft spot in your heart for the powder room. It is nice to see you have a throne all your own.

catlover4ever
07-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Mowgli Monster!!!!

To one of my favorite orangie babies!! May you have many, many more days of celebration!!!! :cool: :cool: Make sure you are spoiled all weekend. ;) ;)

Lacey
07-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by skneisel74
Happy Gotcha Day!!!

I'm glad to see that you still have a soft spot in your heart for the powder room. It is nice to see you have a throne all your own.

Well, he is my little prince, after all. It's only fitting that he have his own throne! :D