PDA

View Full Version : The cats must be mad about something...

CalliesMom
07-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I come home yesterday for lunch to the smell of cat pee...:mad: :eek: I'm sniffing around the carpet in the living room and make my way toward the laundry room where W and C's litter boxes are. One of them, probably Shadow actually, had peed on the floor in front of the back door. :rolleyes: I had let S out the night before and she had gone into the room; I guess I just didn't smell it before that?!?!? Anyway, cleaned it up and I woke up this morning to her having left a single poop outside the litter box on the carpet in our bedroom. WTH? I guess it is time to wipe out the litter boxes and add new litter. They are great at letting you know they are upset about something...:rolleyes: ;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Spook will pee in my closet if the boxes arent clean enough for her. Remus likes to fling poo out of the box and on to the bathroom floor to inform me of when the box needs changing. It isnt fun to step on cat poo at 6 am!!

My Mom in laws cats will actually pee in her shoes if they arent satisfied! :eek:

catmandu
07-07-2005, 06:58 PM
SAM,SPRAYS,ON A CAT CALENDAR,THAT IS RIGHT,IN FRONT,OF THE MAIN BEDROOM LITTER BOX.IT MUST BE EASIER,FOR HIM,TO DO THAT,THAN SIT,IN THE SAND,LIKE THE OTHER CATS.
I HAVE NEWSPAPER,UNDER THE BOX,TO ABSORB THE EXCESS PEE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture458.jpg

Lazy Kitty
07-07-2005, 11:36 PM
The litter box most likely needs changing. Be warned, once cats make a habit of going outside of the box they will do it all the time!

catnapper
07-08-2005, 06:45 AM
I'd try adding another litterbox. I've found myself doing that lately (Flutter seems to need a pristine box) and I'm going to be adding yet another one today. I'd rather have a dozen boxes around the house than stepping on poo or cleaning up pee.