PDA

View Full Version : Update on Gracie

catlover4ever
07-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Well she made it through her surgery with flying colors. She is resting and will stay tonight. I have to call tomorrow morning to make she she can come home and if she can then I can pick her up in the afternoon.

Thank you all so much for keeping the both of us in your prayers. I was crying when I dropped her off this morning. I keep second guessing my decision. 90% of me says I did the right thing and the other 10% says she is going to be in pain and may have a hard time with the surgery.....I guess that's just human nature.

Thanks again to everyone. --- Gracie and Meg

moosmom
07-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Meg,

That is GREAT news!! I had no doubt she'd come through it with flying colors, given who the doctor was! ;)

QueenScoopalot
07-07-2005, 01:14 PM
I knew Gracie would do just fine Meg! I have 3 here who had eyes removed and all three are doing just fine. And just look at our favorite guy Magoo who has no eyes and does fine. And Catfamily Carla's Tucker (another rescue of mine:) ) who also had his eye enucleated....all did fine as Miss Gracie will as well. Thanks for the update and hugs to Gracie's nervous meowmie. :) (And daddy too);)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Great news! Way to go Gracie!!

Meg, I know you will be worried sick until she's home, but with my recent experience with Peanut's surgery, I just know Gracie is going to be better than ever and won't even miss her eye and....will probably be more comfortable now that it's gone and not putting undue pressure on her head.

You did the right thing. {{{hugs}}} :)

catcrazylady
07-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Meg please don't second guess yourself. I firmly believe that what you did was right. You simply can not convince me that her eye did not hurt or irritate her. This will be one of the best things you will ever do for her. I bet you notice a big difference in her after this. For all you know the little thing has been experiencing some form of pain all of her life. They hide it so well and learn to live with it. I know Gracie will thank you forever for helping her.:)

I'm so glad everything is going good and now I will start praying that Gracie is back in your arms no later than tomorrow afternoon!

Take a deep breath now meowmie, the worst is over. *shew*

NoahsMommy
07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm so sorry I missed her "going in" thread, but I"m so glad to see she made it through and is well.

Lots of hugs, prayers and love,
Kelly :)

furrykidsmother
07-07-2005, 01:58 PM
So glad to hear she did well with her surgery. I am sure that you did the right thing and in no time at all she will have adjusted and will be just fine. She will probably be better than ever since she won't have the bad eye to deal with. It probably did cause her some pain. It is to bad that they can't tell us what is wrong and what their thoughts and feelings are, it would make things so much nicer, but all we can do is what we believe to be in their best interest. Speedy recovery to Gracie!

catnapper
07-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm thrilled ot hear all went well. You know its the right thing. Prayers that she has a speedy and pain free recovery.

momcat
07-07-2005, 02:10 PM
That's wonderful news! You made the right decision on this. As soon as all this is over and Gracie is back in her loving furever home you'll be smothered in kitty kisses for helping her feel better! When she's ready, please give her a few tons of lovebug from me?

catmandu
07-07-2005, 03:26 PM
KARINA ANGEL,WAS WITH US,FOR RIBS,AND SHE,IS TAKING A FEW BACK,TO GRACIE,FOR BEING SUCH A BRAVE LITTLE GIRL,THROUGH ALL THAT SURGERY.AND SHE SAYS,THAT GRACIE,WILL SOON BE BETTER,AND REDAY,TO MAKE,HER REAPPEARANCE,ON PET TALK,VERY SOON.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture458.jpg

jenluckenbach
07-07-2005, 06:27 PM
I am glad all went well (I knew it would). Gracie, you will be ome before you know it......as good as ...NO...BETTER than new.

rg_girlca
07-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Gracie's sugery went well. As others have said, your decision was the right one. Now she will feel a lot better.

Prayers on the way that Gracie has a full and speedy recovery.

((((((HUGS)))))) Meg

sirrahbed
07-08-2005, 08:10 AM
((((Meg)))) I am very happy to hear that Gracie's surgery went well and is all over. You are just being a Meowmie and I know you will not rest easy until you have her back home - very soon now!!:D Like some of the others, I suspect she may be happier than ever now that the eye is gone as it seems to me it must have been very irritated at times. more (((HUGS)))):D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Meg, have you got internet access on the weekend? If so, we want to know how Gracie is doing! She should be home by now....did Gabriel have to "sniff her out" when she got home? How's she coping, does she have a bandage on her eye?

Come on girl, we need details! ;)

NoahsMommy
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I've been thinking about Gracie as well.

How is our little sweetie? (and her meowmie??)

krazyaboutkatz
07-10-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm glad to hear that Gracie's surgery went well and hopefully she's recovering well at home now. Please get well soon Gracie.:) Keep us updated when you can Meg.

sirrahbed
07-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Peeking in to check on Grcaie - how are things there Meg? Please give Gracie some scritches for me, OK? Also- please let us know just how everyone is doing.

QueenScoopalot
07-10-2005, 08:23 AM
I don't think Meg would mind me posting her PM to me...sorry, but the picture I can't post as there's no [IMG] codes and no way of copying & pasting, but Gracie looks WONDERFUL! Thought you'd all like to know our Princess Gracie is a new cat. ;-)

Hi Jan, just wanted to keep you updated with Gracie. She came home yesterday afternoon at 4 pm and has not stopped running all over the house. She has only slowed down to sleep at night and other than that she is running like there is no tomorrow. She is doing really well. The vet gave me some anti-inflamatory/pain med for her and Clavamox for the antibiotic. She is taking the Clavamox really well but her pain medicine has to be mixed in with her food and she knows it's in there and will barely touch it...so we have a bunch of half looped kitties running around the house as everybody keeps getting into her food. I am trying her medicine mixed with baby food now but still she will not touch it.

I thought she would have come home with an E collar but the vet did not send her home with one and she has been such a good girl and has not bothered her stitches since yesterday.

You will be happy to know that no cage matches have broken out between her and Gabe and it was so sweet when she came home that Gabe gave Gracie a nice little bath before her bedtime last night.

Here is a picture of her from yesterday. I'll touch base with you on Monday. Have a good rest of the weekend ---- Meg

kittycats_delight
07-10-2005, 09:16 AM
That is just a great update on Gracie, Jan. I am so glad she is doing so well. And she is a smart one huh? She knows when you are trying to give her medicine. LOL Diguise{SP?} is anyway you want and she still knows.

Good Girly Gracie. You are doing soooo well. We are all super proud of you and can wait till you get your stitches out and I know you will be a super good girl.

furrykidsmother
07-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Glad to hear that Gracie is doing so well. Nice of Gabe to take care of her too! Take care sweetie and continue your speedy recovery! You will feel better in no time!

sirrahbed
07-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks Jan - I am glad to hear that Gracie is doing so well:D How sweet to read about her brother gently bathing her!!

catlover4ever
07-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone, thanks again so very much for all the thoughts and prayers for Gracie and thanks to Jan for posting my PM with her update.

Since she came home on Friday she has been non-stop. She was hunting flies when I left for work this morning. She does not seem bothered by the fact that her eye is missing. She is a little hesitant around the house because she has only limited vision in her other eye but it really is only when she wants to jump up or down from something.

I finally got her pain meds into her last night. She had eaten her dinner so I took apart the Clavamox dropper and dropped her pain meds into that dropper and then very carefully added the Clavamox to it.....this is the only way she ends up getting her pain meds. She will be on the pain meds until Wednesday.

Here is a picture of the little Miss Gracie girl when she came home Friday with her wink....her nickname is now Winkie ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/p50f43fe539e09821ee0cd3a42bd8f95c/f3563b11.jpg

Thanks again everyone. (((hugs))) from Gracie and her mommy

furrykidsmother
07-11-2005, 07:56 AM
So happy to hear that she is doing well and that it hasn't changed her playing habits! She is just as beautiful with one eye as she was with 2. I am sure that she is feeling much better now.

Killearn Kitties
07-11-2005, 08:27 AM
What great updates! I am really pleased that she seems to be doing so well. Go Gracie! :D

catfamily
07-11-2005, 06:30 PM
I missed the going in thread but I'm so glad the surgery is done and I'm sure she feels better.:D

NoahsMommy
07-11-2005, 06:56 PM
She looks and sounds GREAT!!! I'm SO glad!! :)