PDA

View Full Version : Please check in, UK folks

momcat
07-07-2005, 09:58 AM
The horrible events in London have been on the news all day. To those PT folks in the UK; England, Scotland, anyone in the area..... please, if you possibly can, post in to let us know that you're okay. We're concerned about you!

catcrazylady
07-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Amen momcat. I hope all of our Pters are safe. It's just so horrible and scarey. God Bless them all. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
07-07-2005, 10:16 AM
60 miles away from it all but our stations are still closed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2005/london_explosions/default.stm

not a fun place to be right now

cubby31682
07-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Please someone post. We need to know that all of you are okay!

catlover4ever
07-07-2005, 10:41 AM
My thoughts and prayers to everyone in that area. Please let us all know that everything is OK with each of you.

kilbarchancats
07-07-2005, 11:00 AM
hiya - I'm up in Glasgow area and all is well here, but a heavy, heavy police presence due initially I think to G8 summit and LIve8 in Gleneagles. Still pretty shaken though - I work in the heart of the city centre and it does make you think when innocently going about your business and travelling into the city and what not.

I'm just off home now to watch the news and take in all that's happened.

Checking the lunchtime news a little over 3 hours ago the death toll was at 2 and now its saying 30!! Its just so bad.

Thanks everyone for your concern and hugs all round.

laurax.

ChrisH
07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your concern.
Besides myself and kilbarkancats, UK PT's checked in so far (in other threads) are Killearn Kitties, Lynnestankard, Brody's Mum, and MuddyFourPaws - who is ok but pretty shook up because she lives in London.

Chris

furrykidsmother
07-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Glad to hear the update. I hope and pray that everyone else is OK and will be checking in soon!

sirrahbed
07-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Good to hear from those of you so far - I am glad for PT as a place to check in - as I have also been thinking of you all who live so close to this most recent disaster.

Please be safe!!

kittycats_delight
07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
where is William (vinjashira) ? He hasn't checked in yet and I think he is in London.

William praying you are ok.

NoahsMommy
07-07-2005, 02:04 PM
You all are in my prayers. I hope everyone is OK.

In reading the reports online, you are an amazing country. I love your strength and determination.

Hugs and love,
Kelly :)

catmandu
07-07-2005, 03:22 PM
THAT IS A DISGRACE,THAT THESE IDIOTS,KILL BECAUSE,OF THIER STUPID IDEOLOGIES,AND INNOCENT PEOPLE,HAVE TO SUFFER.A POX,ON ALL THIER HOUSES!!!

Mad Mags Moo
07-07-2005, 05:24 PM
All is ok here! I am about 2 hours or so away from London but it is so scary and very surreal.
Thanks for all your concerns.

Don Juan's mom
07-07-2005, 05:46 PM
When I was trying to wake up this morning and not quite comprehending what was going on NPR, little Zerlina hopped up on the bed with head bumps and purrs and an invitation to play. A little later on, I sat on the floor to put on my sneakers, and Don Juan flopped down for a tummy rub and more purrs.

It's a good time to remember that it wasn't God who inspired the *&^_$##@ bastards who committed these atrocities. God is the one who put such loving creatures as our pets on earth to be a comfort and help to us in difficult times.
(Don't know if this is true, but I've always heard that Mohammed was a great lover of cats.) :)

Wishing you comfort and support, Liz

Pawsitive Thinking
07-08-2005, 08:25 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4663931.stm

here's the latest - thank you so much for all your love and support

QueenScoopalot
07-08-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm glad PTers from that area are OK. Such a scary world we live in when you can't carry on your normal day without threats of terrorism. Police presence is high all over the place now, including the subway system in Boston. I don't go near Boston if I can avoid it, but know plenty who have to travel there for work.