PDA

View Full Version : London explosions

Pam
07-07-2005, 08:04 AM
I am worrying about my friends over in the UK this morning. If you could, would you all use this thread to check in and let us know you are OK. I am thinking now of Chris (mom of Bob and Ebby) and Lynne Stankard. Anyone else? Please check in.

Pit Chick
07-07-2005, 08:43 AM
My prayers are with you guys in London and God bless those caught in the explosions. :(

JenBKR
07-07-2005, 08:44 AM
I am praying for all of you in London and surrounding areas!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
This should give you the links for updates

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2005/london_explosions/default.stm

JenBKR
07-07-2005, 09:40 AM
It's so scary...I remember EXACTLY where I was and what I was going on 911. You never think that kind of thing can happen near you. I don't understand how anyone could do such a thing! :confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Prayers flying for all in London and all who are effected by this senseless attack!!! :(

slick
07-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Pam, thanks for posting this and thanks for the link Brody's Mom. Sending prayers from Canada for the dead, injured and all the families affected by this tragic event.:( :(

lizbud
07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
What a terrible thing to have happened.:( The BBC website
offers the most info on locations of the bomb blasts. It said
that a Islamist website has claimed responsibility & issued a
200 word statement. These people are just plain crazy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660391.stm

JenBKR
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
How could you do something like this in the name of GOD?? :confused:

ChrisH
07-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks Pam. I live a long way from London and I don't think sure of my family have gone down there today. My son, who goes down there a lot, hasn't today, thank God.

Karen (Killearn Kitties) lives in Scotland and she has posted here, http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83289 (her hubby is in London though.)

Lynne should be ok, she lives not to far away from me. Though her hubby is coming home today, I pray he got home safe and wasn't caught up in it all.

I don't think any of the UK Pet Talkers actually live/work in London. But of course that doesn't rule out the possiblity of them, or members of their families, being in the city at this time.

33 fatalities so far, 300 injured. Prayers go out for them, their families and everyone involved.

lizbud
07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Does Carrie live in London?

Pam
07-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Chris thank you for checking in! I am so glad you are OK and am hoping that Lynn and her hubby and also Karen's hubby are safe. I have two UK friends on a poodle board that I visit, one of whom lives in London and frequently uses public transit. I have yet to hear from her. This is so tragic and so evil. Prayers going up for all that are injured and the loved ones of those whose lives have been snuffed out. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Lynn's on line now. She started a thread about being home from the US.

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2005, 10:55 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=1183844#post1183844

Beat me to it MOFF. :D

Don (and just as importantly, his laptop) must be home!

Logan
07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Liz, Carrie does not live in London, not even near it, I don't think.

Logan

Pam
07-07-2005, 11:17 AM
I just heard from both of my UK friends. They are OK. One of them reported that it took her hubby 8 hrs. to get home with all of the area being totally shut down. I can't even imagine the chaos and horror.

King Spartacus
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I just had a PM, from a member here, asking if we're OK... yes we are! And thank you so much for PMing us!!!

My partner was actually supposed to be in London today in a meeting, but luckily it had been postponed...

It's such a horrible thing... I can't even start to think how people feel that have loved ones there.

Still in shock, Sylvie, KS' mom

gini
07-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Thank God our English and Scottish Pet Talk friends are alright.

What has been proven by these senseless attacks? What was the message being sent?

What is the message we have gotten? That you are completely deranged to take credit for and rejoice in these senseless acts.

Muddy4paws
07-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Just thought I would let you know, Lynnestankard? Sorry if i spelt it wrong but she is fine shes posted on the other board so she may of missed this but just to let you know

popcornbird
07-07-2005, 12:25 PM
I just heard from my aunt, and thank God they are all fine. My dad's older brother, 3 of his sisters, his nieces/nephews, and many of both my mom and dad's cousins live right in the midst of London, so I was really worried about all of them. What a relief.

Why won't these evil monsters leave innocent civilians alone? :mad:

NoahsMommy
07-07-2005, 04:55 PM
SOOOO glad you are all OK. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers...this is scary for you. :(

I'm so glad there's a hell. There's a SPECIAL SECTION for this type of evil!

carole
07-07-2005, 05:07 PM
My heart goes out to all my fellow Brits, I am so glad all our PT members are ok and hope their families and friends are as well, I feel exceptionally lucky my son did not return to Uk this year, he could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, I am only hoping none of my relatives who are mostly in Scotland were there, so far we think all of them were no where near it, but one never knows.

I feel so sad for all those who have lost their loved ones, all those injured and maimed for life, all because of these evil, evil, monsters in our world.

:(

beeniesmom
07-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm worried about my friend Lynda over there. I emailed her but got no answer. I don't have a phone number for her :(

lvpets2002
07-07-2005, 05:18 PM
:( :mad: More greif known to our Nations & it just makes me so iLL to think of all the bombing going on & the hearless things that do this to others for no reason.. My heart & my babies all send Prayers & Prayers to all in London..

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Just picked hubby up from the airport. He managed to fight his way across London and get to an airport. Things seem to be moving a bit more smoothly.

It seems to have been a truly exceptional job by the emergency services in implementing emergency plans.