PDA

View Full Version : A bigger computer problem.

MariaM
07-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok. Big problem now. I downloaded a free download of Quicktime off of their site, on my mom's name. We have Windows XP so right now I am on my name. Anyway, I can't get ANYTHING to work now on my mom's name and she has a lot of very important stuff on there...so I need to fix it before she finds out.

Is there anyway way I can remove/uninstall the program from a different name? I went to the "Add/Remove Programs" on this name here, but it only showed programs for THIS one, not the whole computer. I really don't know what to do!!

What happens when I go on her name is the bottom bar with everythign won't show up. It's just a big blue bar and then another one slightly on top of it. I don't think it shows the time, or anything, and when I put the mouse over there it shows a busy sign. I can't click on "Start". Please, somebody help if you can. I really need to fix this before my mom finds out. :( :(

catnapper
07-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Have you tried a system restore? You should have it, if you're running XP. Just restore it to yesterday. It'll be like you never installed it in the first place.

MariaM
07-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Great, thanks, I'll try that!