PDA

View Full Version : RIP Cheddar

chrissycat21
07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Some of you might remember my posts about my cousin's dog, Cheddar. This morning Cheddar died in his sleep. He was 12 1/2 years old.

I don't think Cheddar could have asked for a better life, my cousin loved him so much. I haven't seen Cheddar for about 6 years since they live so far away.

Just a few days ago my cousin e-mailed me. He had carried Cheddar up to his favorite spot in the mountains to go swimming, since he was too weak for the hike up there. He also e-mailed me a picture of Cheddar and one of his favorite stuffed animals.

I've never, ever heard a person brag about their dogs as much as he does. Cheddar (and his other dog Rolley) were like his children. He doesn't have any family where he lives, so his dogs are spoiled rotten. He loves them to death.

RIP Cheddar. You'll see your brother, Shiloh at the RB.

I;ll try to find the picture of Cheddar he just sent me.

luvofallhorses
07-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Oh my gosh! How sad :( R.I.P. Sweet Cheddar :(

Lexi_Lover
07-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Hugs and prayers to you, your cousin and Rolley! Rest easy Chedder! :( Play hard at the RB with all of our other angels!

God Speed to the bridge Chedder.

jesse_3
07-06-2005, 06:54 PM
RIP Cheddar, and God Bless

I'm so sorry for yours and your cousins loss. Hugs and prayers being sent your way..

chrissycat21
07-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Thank you.

I found three pictures that he just sent me. The one of two dogs is Cheddar and Rolley, and the other two are just Cheddar.

pipersmom
07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh, Cheddar has the most precious face and now he is at RB, frolicking with Shiloh and patiently waiting for his Dad to reunite with him.

My condolences to your cousin. Cheddar-you may now hike and swim to your heart's content sweetie. Rest well until you see your Dad again.

Susa
07-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Your cousin has my deepest sympathies. It is very hard to lose a pet who is a family member.

tatsxxx11
07-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh, how well I remember your touching posts of Cheddar, Rolley and his loyal and devoted Dad. I was so moved by his unconditional love for his beloved canines. Tears are falling as I read how he carried his best friend up the hill so that one last time he could enjoy his love for the water. Cheddar wears his wings now and how deserving an angel he is. My most heartfelt sympathies to your cousin, Chrissy. A special place awaits him and his pups in heaven, for sure. Cheddar, swim to your hearts content, healthy and whole once more, until that happy day when you and your Dad are reunited in love.
Love, Sandra

K9soul
07-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this. :( It definitely sounds to me like there are no dogs in the world loved more than Cheddar and Rolley. Your cousin must be so incredibly grieved. What a heroic thing to do, carrying Cheddar to his favorite swimming spot. I don't think I've ever read a more touching thing for a man to give his best friend. When the time came that Cheddar could not follow, he lifted him up and carried him in his arms.

Cheddar was a beautiful boy. He's at the bridge now, young, shining and filled with vibrant youth once again. I know he's watching over his beloved Dad, and he always will. You are missed, dearest Cheddar.

chrissycat21
07-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Thank you again, everyone.

No one in my family has been able to reach my cousin. My mom tried calling him, but he turned his phones off. I just hope he and Rolley are doing ok.

Edit: My aunt (Steve's mom) finally talked to him again. He told her that on Cheddar's last day they went to his favorite park and played fetch. He also said that there were so many little kids who asked if they could pet him. Cheddar was the center of attention that day.

I was just going through some pictures while cleaning my room and found a whole stack of pictures of Cheddar and Rolley. Cheddar looked so happy in all of the pictures.