PDA

View Full Version : Gone With My Pet Talk Mobile!

sandragonfly
07-06-2005, 04:56 PM
:D :D :D

as I'll be leaving for utah camping tomorrow early morning....for three weeks! (back on 29th)..:eek: :eek: waa waa but I realize I have been posting, lurking this furrsite with this, my dear mobile and it will be with me in my tent! :D (I heard the coverage will be pretty good up there, paws crossing..) --

I post about 80% of time on this little screen. I post when wake up with it under my pillow (for on-call job), walk, drive, eat, cook, bike and going to sleep! ;) the other 20% when I'm on the computer, uploading pictures or copying off pictures into my jump flash to make signatures, etc etc that needs a desktop...usually after I check my large accounts.

anyway, a few you may have seen me been mentioning "my mobile" and wondered what is it.. here's my little pet talk site! :cool:

the texts above in right corner you see was my old "sweet hospital sweet" thread, it beeped (sent me a notification) at the same time I took this (old) picture.
http://tinypic.com/6se24z.jpg

soo..since I (and crayola too, yaay!)'ll be up there, busy with adventures and all that, so probably not post as much as I've been but of course -- if it works up there -- I'll still be checking in and post some! pet talk bedtime stories is good sometimes. :)

keep in mind, if you don't see me for a few days..that's because of too much trees. :p aw, hugs to all and hope you're enjoying your summer as well!

:D gina & her ark ~

MariaM
07-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Cool!

luvofallhorses
07-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Awesome :)

jesse_3
07-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Have fun Gina and Crayola! We'll miss you!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAA;)

Your mobile is cool by the way! I should get one! lol! How much is it, and where do you find them?
--Did you say you can take pictures with it too? Can you download them on your computer?

Once again, HAVE FUN!!!!

dukedogsmom
07-06-2005, 08:12 PM
That is so cool! I would love to have one. Have a great trip and take lots of pics.

chocolatepuppy
07-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Have fun Gina and Crayola! Hopefully you can post some from camp but if not, see ya in awhile! :D

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 09:02 PM
great little device!

Corinna
07-06-2005, 09:03 PM
So glad Crayola is well enough now to go. It's good for you to get a way too bad you can't take a side trip to Montana. Maybe you could meet Amy (wolfQ ) she lives in Utah. She is so cool and fun.

kittycats_delight
07-06-2005, 09:08 PM
GIna, Have a great time camping with Crayola. We will miss you.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Michelle

sandragonfly
07-07-2005, 01:04 AM
thanks! I think I'll be still around. :)

jesse - yes I can take pictures with this mini-petalk if I have had a plug-in camera. but it broke a while ago due to overuse. (have had this for almost two years now).. yeah, you can download them onto the computer with USB, (the cord).

oh I would stop by and meet a few of you! but this family who invited me going will be driving their 40' homemobile! I think I'd annoy them if I make them stop everywhere. :p

hey!! I just begged them if I could at least bring a cat...they said yes! AND that I can bring FOUR!!! I'm sooo excitied! this would be my first time not bringing a cat! so I'll be taking zephyra, whispers, gus and avalanche. :D

I get to get up in a few hours and gone to utah...woohooo!!! I miss adventures SO much! ok ok..I better zip up and go beddy and lay down. :D

BitsyNaceyDog
07-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Those phones are great, I know a few people with them. My husband and I have talked about getting them, but we spend too much time on the computer as is. It would be great if you need to look something up while you're out though. I find that a lot of sites come up really weird (if at all) on it though. But it'd be nice to have

Originally posted by jesse_3
Have fun Gina and Crayola! We'll miss you!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAA;)

Your mobile is cool by the way! I should get one! lol! How much is it, and where do you find them?

I haven't looked at them in awhile, but I think you can get them just about anywhere. I know when I was looking at them you could get them really cheap, or even free after rebates. You do have to pay extra on your cell phone plan to get the internet access though, but I don't think it was much. Again, it been quite a while since I've looked into them.

flamepony12
07-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Have fun on your trip! :) My friend has a Sidekick II, I take it that is a regular Sidekick? it looks almost the exact same as my friends'! those are such cool phones. :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Have lots of fun there, Gina!! You deserve it!!
I will miss you... :(

Karen
07-07-2005, 10:16 AM
So cool that some of the kitties get to go, too! Okay, now we demand that someone take lots and lots of pictures. I *guess* we can wait 'til you get back to see them if we have to, but take a bunch anyway, especially of Crayola-Service Dog on Adventure!!!!!!! :)

sandragonfly
07-07-2005, 12:10 PM
morning ya'll!! misscha too!

we just got out of bay area about a half hour ago! well it may be pointless but I've not gotten out for a long time! :D I thought I'd update here with you where I am.. riding in the mobile with this mobile is sooo cool! :cool:

but first, sorry jesse, I forgot to answer your first question. um, I'm not sure how much it is now, as the techno prices goes down everyear. when I got this, it was free. and only need to pay $29.99 monthly for unlimited of emails, web browser, AIM, text messages, and more. but for you, you would have to pay $10 more monthly to have phone service on yours and I don't know about phone part, their minutes, distance, etc. you can look up on tmobile.com - and check out this (yes, devon - my regular) or the built-in camera mobile (sidekick II). or you could walk into a pink tmobile store too and question all you want. good luck with your decision, everyone! (who wanted this). :)

lol,...feel like I'm now being a business person, selling this product.. :p let's go back to my trip!

of course, bunches of pictures! but I'll think about sharing *some* on here. :) my four dear cats are on me and purrrring! crayola is resting next to me as usual. :) I already missed my other 9 cats! (and two rats, two goldfishes and a betta as well) :( my brother will be taking care of them. and he has the built-in camera mobile, he knows I'll be thrilled to hear and see pictures of them at home! (he can email them to my mobile). :D :D ok...this is already too long! heh. hum well, I got up, feeling so dirty and left earlier and I think I'm gonna go and take a shower on the road! ;)

dukedogsmom
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Glad you're having fun! I'm sure your other kitties miss you, too. I'm a Sprint person but my contract is up in July and I'm seriously considering getting a Sidekick II. It's $250 and $60 a month for 500 minutes with unlimited internet. I'm hoping they might give discounts for new subscribers. This thing is so cool! The only thing I don't like about it is it seems kind of bulky to be used as a phone.

sandragonfly
07-07-2005, 05:06 PM
hi again! :D :D shower on the road was FUN! hehee.

wow, that's a lot, dudette duke's mom! I'd rather keep mine, the poor ol'mobile.. lol. in picture, you can see it crackes, missing button and it still works good!

here's now where we are -- we're in esmerald, nevada and stopping for a lunch. wow...we're about a half way! you know, motorhome goes sooo slow. for some reason, I forgot nevada is in between california and utah..haha. well, have I passed a pet talker yet? I think we'll be going straight east...then southeast to get to bryce's canyon campground!

time to fill up my grumpy tummy, see you later! :)

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Did you pass through Carson City or Reno while you were going through Nevada? Thats where I am (live in Carson, work in Reno)!! Hope you liked Nevada although it is nasty and hot right now :p . Be sure to post an update when (if) you come back through!!

sandragonfly
07-07-2005, 11:21 PM
HELLO FROM UTAH!! :D

we're about a half hour to bryce canyon!! we didn't really had a long drive because we stopped for a lunch then at family's friend's house for a little supper. they all loved my animals! :D and we watched a movie, played gameboards on way..

when we get there, we'll be setting up a couple of tents, I'll be sleeping in the motorhome only for the first (or two if necessary) night to make sure all my dear felines understand that they will be allright! the cats will be 'living' in the motorhome three whole weeks. crayola will be with me in my tent under the stars! :)

(djfyrewolf -- sorry! carson city/reno is out of our way. we don't go up then down...lol. ;) maybe next time!)

well,..my adventure begins for real very soon!! yeeehaaa!!! who knows this will be my last post...going into woods. but I'll see ya when I get back!

ciao for now, :D
gina & her one-third ark

jesse_3
07-07-2005, 11:29 PM
I feel so awful! I haven't checked this thread for such a long time!

I'm glad that you are having a good time (and thanks for answering my questions:D) Oh how I wish to go camping!

That is great that you can have your four kitties with you too! I'm sure that they are happy! How could you decide on which ones to bring with?!;)

Keep us updated and keep having fun!!!!! Can't wait for you to come back!!!!

Steph and Jes

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey Gina. Any updates? Are you back yet?

jesse_3
07-20-2005, 11:31 PM
She will be back on the 29th!! I was wondering about updates though...Hope your having fun Gina!

Steph and Jes

Corinna
07-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey girl check in with Mom Here ok? What to know your ok!

Oggyflute
07-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Sounds like you will have a great time Gina. Technology amazes me at times.:)

sandragonfly
07-26-2005, 12:20 PM
update: I'm back! (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84634)

and thanks very much for checking in! :)