PDA

View Full Version : someone opened the gate! >:(

cali
07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
someone opened the side gate and let Ripley out of the yard! the side gate leads to the front which is on an extremly busy road, the side gate has poped open before, but when it pops it can only open a tiny bit-barely noticable, and seeing there is is NO wind the only way that side gate could have been open as far as it was is if someone opened it, only Ripley got out thankfully, we did not even know he was gone(on a hot sunny day like today he likes to sun bathe, so he lays quietly in the sun for long periods) all of a sudden we got a phone call from a member of the dog club who lives a few blocks from us, and asked if we were missin ga height dog lol apperntly he made his way to her house, my mom just left to pick him up. I walked outside while my mom was on the phone and the gate was wide open, so I grabbed Blair and told Misty to stay back while I closed the gate, but I mean what the heck? who would do that?

ginagt
07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I always worry about that. A kid could walk by and open the gate for fun. I have a friend who's dog could acutally open the gate. I have locks on all my "side" gates just to keep that from happening. Glad Ripely was not hurt and made it home safely.

cali
07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Ripley is a pretty regular escaper...well he used be he actually has not gotten out in a long time, I am contantly worried about that side gate, I went out there a minute ago and stuck a padlock on it, as far as I am concerned my brother can walk around to get to his car(he has a car in the back that he has to sell before he can park his new car there) the back gate is not a problem as it is newer and has a spring attached so it self latches.

jesse_3
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Ripley is a lucky dog! God thank you for letting him be safe!

That is a good idea to put a padlock on the gate, I would almost keep my dog on a leash for a while, just in case this person is a visitor...Good Luck!

Someone has been sneaking into our yard and letting Jesse off her leash! Luckily, she knows enough to stay home!

BitsyNaceyDog
07-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm glad you got him back so quickly.
I remember once back when I was still living with my parents, I was out back by the pool and the neighbor kid just walked into the back yard. We had a privacy fence that opened on the side of the house. You can't see the pool from over there and he apparently had no idea I was back there. He was getting his ball that went over the fence, I told him to next time ring the doorbell and I'll get his ball. I remember worrying that that very thing would happen, he would let our dog out. Luckily our dog wasn't outside at that time.

cyber-sibes
07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear he's ok! You just never know...we had a new roof put on our old house and the idiot roofer left the gate wide open:eek: - he said, "well, my dog never leaves"...duh, like this isn't YOUR house or YOUR dog, is it? fortunately Star is very social and had walked on our busy road just a block or so then stopped in to greet everyone at a yard sale. I got a call asking if we were missing someone-- ?
I hope whoever did it stays away.

Vette
07-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh wow.. that could have been very very bad. but glad both your pooches are okay!

id be for putting a chain and lock on the gate though... to make sure mr. prick head or mis. prick head doesnt do it again,, just to be safe.