PDA

View Full Version : Stitches Out

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Peanut goes Saturday morning to get her stitches out and I was wondering....will this be painful for her? I, myself, have never had stitches, so I don't know about these things. I do have some baby aspirin on hand and if it's going to be painful, I could give her one of those beforehand so it doesn't hurt too bad.

She's doing extremely well and is back to playing and being her goofy adorable little self....and hissing at CJ when he gets too rambunctious. ;) :rolleyes: :D

catlover4ever
07-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Everytime I have had stitches they have not hurt coming out and anytime my babies have had stitches they did not seem to mind to much.

I hope Peanut does well on Saturday.

catcrazylady
07-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Debbie I posted in your other thread about how sorry I was to hear about Peanut. I was out of commission and I'm just now getting kind of caught up. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I read about her! I'm so sorry that you both had to go through that. Thank God she is ok.

As for having stitches removed I don't think its painful. Any stitches I have had taken out didn't hurt. I think the worst part for the cat is the fact that they have to be held still while they take them out and we all know how much they hate losing control!:eek: I wouldn't worry about pain meds but I'm sure she will be full of tude when she gets home!;) I'm really thankful that she is able to be nasty to CJ! He may feel differently though!:D :D :D

furrykidsmother
07-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Debbie, when Gidget had hers taken out a few weeks ago it took about 2 minutes and I don't think she felt a thing. We tried to hold her, but she wouldn't stay still for us, so they took her out in the back and had a vet tech hold her. She was back in a matter of minutes!

kittycats_delight
07-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I remember when Mytsi had hers taken out. She was very good and didn't fidget at all. She had a lot I can't remember how many but she was cut from her right front arm pit almost right down to her belly. I don't recall it hurting her and it was done in maybe a minute or two. I am sure it won't bother Peanut. She will be fine. :) Good luck Peanut. Be a good girly. :D

wolflady
07-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Poor Peanut! I'm glad she's doing well!

As far as getting stitches out, most animals don't even seem to notice. I even asked my vet about this when I assisted with stitch removal of patients. He said that some of them may itch a little, but there is hardly ever any pain. :)

Let us know how she does!

**hugs**

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks so much everybody.

Seems this is one less thing I need to worry about these days. :)

I will definitely let you all know how she does on Saturday, and let you know if the vet says anymore regarding the tumor.

jazzcat
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
The only time it hurt me to have stitches removed the incision reopened a few hours later so obiviously they were removed too soon (it was on the top of my foot). All others I've had removed didn't hurt.

Killearn Kitties
07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Our cats have not seemed to notice stiches coming out. Even after her eye operation, Daisy just sat and let them snip the stitches from around her eyes. She didn't even flinch.

Good luck little Peanut!

Edwina's Secretary
07-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Edwina came to us from a shelter. She was spayed by the shelter and we were to take her to our own vet for follow up, shots and removal of the stitches.

We took her in and learned VERY quickly of her intense hatred of vets. She was horrible!!!

A few hours after we returned home I picked her up for some cuddles and realized in all the excitement the vet forgot to take out the stitches.

Poor thing...back to the vet.....

catmandu
07-06-2005, 07:05 PM
THE GOOD NEWS,IS THAT THESE STITCHES,THAT THEY USE TODAY,ARE DESIGNED,TO COME OUT VERY EASILY,WITH NO PAIN,WHAT SO EVER.

AND WE ARE SO PLEASED,THAT PEANUT,IS WELL,ON THE ROAD,AND IS A HAPPY HEALTHY CAT.

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm glad to hear that Peanut is doing well and that she'll be getting her stitches removed soon. I hope everything goes smoothly.:)

sandragonfly
07-07-2005, 02:23 AM
hi! :cool:

taking out the stitches means..a good new, positive step to do! :) nah, I don't believe it would hurt her. I've worked as a vet assistant before and snapped off a lot of stitches, they're quick and easy like catmandu said. but...I can't say if your vet are like ours. again, shouldn't really hurt because once the skin closes up, she can't really feel the surfaceskin, having them pull out. it's like a worm, gulping out easily. ;) :) this is really different from sutures, though.

good luck peanut! I know you'll do fine and let's hope those faces in white coats hold you in a right way so everything will go smoothly! :D {{rubbles|huggles}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that everything went well. We were in and out in less than 5 minutes. Peanut only meowed once, and it was kind of funny because it sounded just like she said "Ooowww!" :D She was not happy when the vet pulled her out of the carrier, and actually she peed on the table because she pees when she's scared.:( But like I say, it was all over in less than 5 minutes and we were on our way home.

He said everything looks real good. He could tell she had been licking at the stitches which I was surprised at because I haven't seen her lick them at all until yesterday and then I made her stop. He also said that was that and I didn't need to do anything further. If I wanted to, I could bring her back in about 3 months for another ultrasound to see if the tumor is growing back, but he said that's only if I want to know and that some people don't want to know. Well...I want to know since I can't count on Peanut to let me know, so we'll be back in 3 months time.

So she's doing really well. I got some new micies "bathed" in catnip and she's rolling around on the floor with one of them right now. :D

catmandu
07-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I HAVE,TO TAKE JJJ3,IN,AND THE BIG FELLOW,USUALLY POOS HIMSELF,IN FEAR.
AND DR MARCELES,IS ABOUT A HALF HOUR AWAY,SO WE,WILL HAVE,TO HOSE HIM OFF,ONCE AGAIN.
ACTUALLY,IT WAS FUNNY AS THELAST TIME,I SAID TO HIM,WHAT WOULD HH LADY EDWINA ROSE,SAY,IF SHE COULD SEE,AND SMELL YOU NOW!

WE ARE SO PLEASED THAT PEANUT,IS DOING SO WELL,AT LUNCH,AT BURGER KING,TUBBY WAS RELLING US,HOW PROUD HE,WAS OF HIS PEANUT,AND HIS MEEOWMIE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1118.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Debbie, I'm glad to hear that everything went well and I hope that you'll receive good news regarding her ultrasound in 3 months.:D

dukedogsmom
07-09-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner. I don't think they hurt. I've had them when I was a kid and don't remember them hurting coming out. I'm glad she's getting better now. Give her some head skritches from me and Doogie.

Killearn Kitties
07-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Good girl, Peanut! Just god that fur to grow back now and you will be as good as new!

jenluckenbach
07-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Well, I somehow managed to miss this until it was all over. Glad that all went well. :)

furrykidsmother
07-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Glad that all went well with Miss Peanut! I would have her checked in 3 months just for peace of mind, but I am sure she will be just fine!!

momcat
07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm so happy to hear that all is well with Peanut. Now that her stitches are out, she can go back to doing kitty antics again. My prayers will continue that there will be no sign of that nasty tumor ever again! Please deliver a tummy rub to Peanut when the time is right?