PDA

View Full Version : We have a new baby in the house!

Jadapit
07-06-2005, 09:49 AM
We added a new family member to our house this weekend.:D
My oldest son got a pit bull puppy a couple of weeks ago. He found out after he got the puppy that he has to be out of town working a lot. He didnt want to leave the pup home alone so he called and asked if we wanted her. My husband went to Denver to help our son on a job this weekend he brought the puppy home wtih him. My son lives in an area of Denver where the pit bull is not banned.

It has been real intresting around here the last couple of days. Jada had some issues with the pup she really didnt like her much.
Diamond doesnt mind her at all. I have spent the last two days working with Jada. Things are much better with the two of them now. Anyway, i want to introduce you all to Ebony. Isnt she a cutie!?!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/p07fdaafffcd903c853c60c840fd22bd7/f362b967.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/p9e3d0882e338319c2c05cf02072f5a36/f362b970.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/pb4ecb57e90164f0e74f4c4b1d1a2373d/f362b97e.jpg

Logan
07-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Oh my goodness! She is adorable!!!!!! :)

elizabethann
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...Ebony is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! How adorable!!! I just want to kiss that cute little face of hers!

:)

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Oh, my gosh, she's beautiful! work really hard with her and Jada, the thought of something happening to either of them would be too much to bear! She really is beautiful!

crsvstang
07-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh, my she is such a cutie pie!!

senorita02
07-06-2005, 09:58 AM
OMG Donna she is sooooooo adorable looking , look at that little Pittie face, I LOVE HER!
I hope all is well with those other two sweeties of yours too!!!

Jadapit
07-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Oh, my gosh, she's beautiful! work really hard with her and Jada, the thought of something happening to either of them would be too much to bear! She really is beautiful!

Thank you! I am working real hard with the both of them because like you said i dont want anything to happen with either one of them. It would totally break my heart.:( I have to show Ebony I'm the top dog of the house. We will get Ebony fixed soon that should help with any agression issues. Ebony is showing no signs of aggression at all. She is super smart, she listens really well.
I'm glad i can come here if i run into any problems.:)

anna_66
07-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh my goodness! She is a little doll!

I really hope it works out with her and Jada...Good Luck!

shutterbug0303
07-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Yay! Yay! Yay! I was wondering when I would get to see that adorable face!!!!! :D :D She is precious!!! I love that last picture of her!!!!! Ugh!! I'm coming to Colorado! That's it....I'm packing my bags right now!!!! hehehehe

Please keep us updated on how Jada is doing with Ebony! She is a precious girl - all three of them are! And boy are they lucky to have a mommy like you :D :D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Such a pretty pitty! Look forward to updates

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Jadapit
It would totally break my heart.:(

I know it would, good luck! I won't be able to give a lot of advice on the subject, except for obedience training and socialization every day of her life, but, I can give you the support! :) Good luck with the new addition! :)

vinjashira
07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
yay, puppy.. congratulations! :D
looking forward to see how she grows, please keep posting pictures :)

Welcome to Pet Talk, Ebony!

lv4dogs
07-06-2005, 10:29 AM
What a beauty she is! Congrats & good luck on the training!

gemini9961
07-06-2005, 10:35 AM
She's too cute. And she's black and white :D :D I love my black and white dogs.

Ginger's Mom
07-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Oh my goodness, she is absolutely adorable. I cannot stop looking at her. She is sooo cute. :D

I am sure that you will be able to work things out with Jada and her. How old is Jada? I know that some dogs find puppies annoying, they forget what it was like to get so excited about everything. Once Ebony calms down a little, Jada may find her more tolerable. And I see that she already knows how to work the camera. ;)

Kfamr
07-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm so jealous. Please tell your husbnad to drive her over my way, Donna. How long is she going to be there for?

I may be able to help you out a bit with her and Jada's issues, if you need any at all. ;) Are they serious "issues" or just little quirks?

All 3 of the girls are just too precious.

Jadapit
07-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Ginger's Mom
Oh my goodness, she is absolutely adorable. I cannot stop looking at her. She is sooo cute. :D

I am sure that you will be able to work things out with Jada and her. How old is Jada? I know that some dogs find puppies annoying, they forget what it was like to get so excited about everything. Once Ebony calms down a little, Jada may find her more tolerable. And I see that she already knows how to work the camera. ;)

Thanks.:) Jada is a year old. Jada is doing much, much better with Ebony every day. I'm sure everything will be fine.;)

k9krazee
07-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Awww!! Ebony is precious!!!! Congrats on the new addition!

luvofallhorses
07-06-2005, 10:55 AM
She's gorgeous! Welcome to pet talk, sweet Ebony! :D I hope everything works out with her and Jada! I wish you the best of luck! :)

Edit: Congratulations! :)

Jadapit
07-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Thank you Kay! Ebony is here to stay my son is just way to busy to take care of a dog right now. The first day Ebony was here Jada had major issues with her. She attached her.:eek: It was awful. Jada would stalk Ebony's every move. They are doing so much better today. It's just going to take Jada some time to get used to her. Do you think Jada is showing Ebony she is the top dog? As Ebony grows will she try to take the top dog spot away from Jada? I'm kind of nervous because Jada does have the pit bull in her and Ebony is full pit and their both females. I'm hoping getting Ebony fixed will calm the female issues down a bit. Thanks so much for your offer to help me out. If i have problems i will pm you if thats ok.:)

CagneyDog
07-06-2005, 11:35 AM
OMG !!!! YAY another PT Pittie! He is *so* cute. Congratulations!

fritz03
07-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Congratulations on your new puppy Ebony.I'm sure Jada will warm up to her in time.I'm sure Fritz would like her,he likes just about everybody and everything.

PJ's Mom
07-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Oh Donna, she's adorable!! :D

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Hey, is Jada spayed? Yeah, I think as long as you teach them both that you are the alpha dog, and, maybe even implement that "nothing in life is free" training with both of them, that would help a lot. And, things like making sure you eat before they do, that you walk into and out of the house before they do, not letting them on furniture or in the bed with you, that type of thing....that's all establishing the pecking order. As far as establislhing the hierarchy between Jada and Ebony, I really don't know how you'd do that. I know I wouldn't leave them alone unsupervised for awhile at least. I would definitely crate them, at least one of them. Pits are definitely more likely to be more dog agressive than a lot of other breeds. It's just something to be really careful about, I'd do as much research on it as you can, just to be prepared and safe. Keep us posted on their progress!

Daisy and Delilah
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Look at that little baby!! She is adorable and we would love to give her a million kisses. Have fun and enjoy her!!:D

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

aly
07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Congrats on your sweet baby girl! She is a cutie for sure! How nice it must be for you to have a puppy in the house again :)

aly
07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
The first day Ebony was here Jada had major issues with her. She attached her.:eek: It was awful. Jada would stalk Ebony's every move. They are doing so much better today. It's just going to take Jada some time to get used to her. Do you think Jada is showing Ebony she is the top dog? As Ebony grows will she try to take the top dog spot away from Jada? I'm kind of nervous because Jada does have the pit bull in her and Ebony is full pit and their both females. I'm hoping getting Ebony fixed will calm the female issues down a bit.

It is true that Jada may have been showing her who is top dog. What you want to see is Ebony backing down from her and respecting her when she goes after Ebony. Ebony is still a baby though, so that will most likely happen.

Sometimes when pups reach maturity, they will try to take over the alpha position. Then you could have some really nasty fights on your hands since they are both females. It is generally best if they have at least a 2 year gap in between their ages. Females who are closer in age and size have no clear ways of determining who should be alpha, so they fight for it (not all the time though, it is very possible to have 2 females like that live in harmony). Hopefully Ebony will have a submissive personality and won't try to take over. I would socialize her as much as humanely possible with other dogs while she's growing up - not until she's had her last booster shot though of course.

Good luck and feel free to contact me if you need any advice. I counsel about these issues a lot to people who adopt shelter doggies.

jesse_3
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Ebony is sooooooooooooooooo adorable! I love pitties! They are all so gorgeous! Ebony, welcome to PT!!!

I hope that everything does work out with Jada and Ebony, after all, they seem to be lucky to have a mum like you!

Christiansmommy
07-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Ahhhhhh!!! She is soooooo soooo cute!!! I love her!! What great markings she has! Can't wait to hear and see more of her...!!

Congrats on the cutie!

Robyn

Suki Wingy
07-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Aw, Ebony is ADORABLE! COngratulations on your new baby!

IRescue452
07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
What a sweetie! Congrats! Hope all goes well with your son's job and he isn't too sad about having to give her up.

pipersmom
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, I go out of town for a few days and what happens? Donna has a new baby!

OMG, I can't stand it! I just want to squeeze her!

Congratulations Donna--I'm sure Ebony will win Jada over soon!

Give all three beauties a kiss from me!

Bigyummydog
07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
What a sweet face....I want her. I think JADA will be fine. She'll teach EBONY to be a sweet lady like she is. Yes, JADA, I saw your pretty eyes sneaking up in that pic. Well Donna, if they just can't get along, we will gladly have JADA. Wow, a house full of beautiful girls. How lucky your husband is. Can't wait to see her grow up. And no holding out on the pics!

chocolatepuppy
07-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Ebony is too cute! Congrats! :D

beeniesmom
07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
OMG! Ebony is sooo cute!

shais_mom
07-06-2005, 05:37 PM
aaawww!!

Vette
07-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Oooooh!!! :D

so thats who Ebony is!
i was scratching my head in another post and wondering who Ebony was. :o i totally missed your thread till now. :o

shes so cute! the way her markings are,, she kinda reminds me of a GIANT sized Boston Terrier. :D ;)

shes adorable!
hope youll be posting more pictures soon. *hinty hint* :D

oh and what do Diamond and Jada think of her?

captain
07-07-2005, 01:25 AM
How gorgeous!!!

Congrats to you!!!

Love this pic tho, it is as if Jada is saying ............ YEH, take the picture, but here I am too!!!:D :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/p9e3d0882e338319c2c05cf02072f5a36/f362b970.jpg

NoahsMommy
07-07-2005, 02:38 AM
How exciting!!! Welcome to PT, sweet Ebony!!! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Ebony (love that name) is just darling!!! Love her coloring, too! Good luck with her!:)

GraciesMommy
07-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Oh wow..what a cutie!

wolf_Q
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Congratulations on the new addition! Welcome home Ebony! I hope everything works out with Jada and her. :)

K9soul
07-09-2005, 11:06 PM
How did I miss this? What a very beautiful and special girl you have there. Many congratulations on your precious new addition, I look forward to seeing more of her! :)