PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Gracie

catlover4ever
07-06-2005, 07:16 AM
I was hoping to ask for a few prayers for Gracie. Tomorrow morning she is scheduled for surgery. She will have her left eye enculated.

I have been holding off on this for quite some time. I kept second guessing myself if this was the right thing to do for her as she functions so well with her eye being the way it is. For those who are unfamiliar, Gracie's left eyelid never developed correctly and her eye is ulcerated. It is swollen, bleeds and gets goupy and crusty all the time.

Thank you for prayers for her. I worry about her all the time....she is the princess of the family (don't tell that to all the other girls in the family;) )

Here you can see how much larger her eye is.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/p5d92c3887aa8c10b5d150bc47fa142ef/f6296141.jpg

and here are just a few misc. pictures of her.....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p7b479ba2e156445c9e85f826010238de/f3b8a157.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/pb6e620c0306855864caed960817fcaf6/f6295fa6.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p5409fbadb879fc5cbdfdf4ec9d0a5819/f52d46f8.jpg

Thanks again everyone. --- Meg and Gracie

furrykidsmother
07-06-2005, 07:55 AM
I had been wondering how she was doing. I am sorry that she will have to have surgery, but in the long run she will probably be better off. She is such a pretty little girl, I am sure she will adjust to it and be just fine. Prayers to you and Gracie.

Lacey
07-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Dear Gracie,

You have prayers heading your way from our neck of the woods. My mini-herd and I know you'll pull through the surgery with flying colors. Things might seem scary at first, but we know you'll adjust quickly. And you're sure to feel much much better!

Love,

Lacey, Zelda, Mowgli, and Kahlua

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Good luck little Gracie girl! I know you will pull through this like a real champ. You've been so strong and brave in your short little life so far that I know this will only be a minor blip on the screen for you. You will be back home and better than ever in no time!

Meg, good thoughts and prayers going out for little Gracie. I just know she'll do well and I know she'll do well without the eye bothering her. {{{hugs}}}

momcat
07-06-2005, 09:18 AM
What a beautiful girl you are, Gracie! Don't worry, sweetiie, everything will be fine. When this is all over you'll be as good as new. Prayers being prayed. Please ask Meowmie to let us know how you're doing? Lots and lots of lovebug sent just for you.....

kittycats_delight
07-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Oh sweet Gracie, I know you have an icky ol' surgery to go through but you will feel soooo much better when it is all done and it's healed up. I promise you will do great. And don't forget even though you are a sweetpie you still have to give the vet and vet techs heck. :p I am gonna send my Mytsi angel to be with you all through your surgery and recovery. She will make sure you are not scared and that everything goes ok. Good Luck little angel girl.

Kisses and cuddles from us all.

catmandu
07-06-2005, 09:34 AM
PRAYERS,ARE COMING,FOR GRACIE,THAT THE WHITE COATS,CAN HELP HER KEEP,AS MUCH,AS HER EYE SIGHT,AS POSSIBLE,AND BJ ANGEL,WILL BE WITH HER,TO HELP HE THROUGH HER ORDEAL.
AND ORANGE BLOSSOM.WILL COME,AND BE WITH GABRIEL,SO HE WONT BE AS LONELY.

PRAYERS,ARE COMING,FROM ALL OF US,FOR GRACIE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/GARYMEEZ.jpg

moosmom
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Michigan.

Gracie is in good hands. Colchester Vet Hospital is the best in Connecticut!!

Grace
07-06-2005, 10:16 AM
More Michigan prayers and best wishes. And if Gracie would like to meet a distinguished one-eyed gentleman, I'll introduce her to our Red. He is missing the right eye.

catlover4ever
07-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Michigan.

Gracie is in good hands. Colchester Vet Hospital is the best in Connecticut!!

Your absolutely right....Colchester Vet is the best. Dr. Berard will be doing her surgery so I know she is in wonderful hands. Thanks.

moosmom
07-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Dr. Berard will be doing her surgery so I know she is in wonderful hands

You got that one right!!!

catcrazylady
07-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I know that sweet Gracie will do just fine and I really think this is the right thing to do. I bet she will feel much better when it's done.
Hang in there meowmie. We will worry and pray right along with you. How long will Gracie have to stay?

catlover4ever
07-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
How long will Gracie have to stay?

She will be staying overnight. I think Mark is more worried than I am. He made me call to see if Gabe could stay with her after the surgery but I told him I did not think that was a good idea....can you just see a cage match of the WWE Smackdown in the kennel cage.....because that's what Little Dude Gabe would be wanting to do. So this will be the first time that I know of that they will be seperated. I'm sure they will both do just fine.

Thanks everyone. I know the power of PT prayers are amazing and I appreciate them more than anyone could know.

I will update everyone tomorrow afternoon when I get word on her.

QueenScoopalot
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm adding my prayers to the list for a quick recovery for Gracie. ;) I've had a few here with eyes that needed enucleating, and they really do recover quite quickly. By the time that E-collar's off Gracie will be back to her antics with Gabriel. :) It really looks like her eye has irritated her since they first opened. The vet I had look at her said she had inverted eyelashes (can't think of the term) and they are very annoying, and scratch the eye all day. Keep us posted please, and give her lots of before and after kisses for me please. :)

jazzcat
07-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Gracie you will be in my thoughts and prayers! I know you will do just great and make your meowmie and daddy very happy. We are all cheering for you sweetie!

Lots of (((HUGS))) Meg.

QueenScoopalot
07-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Little Gracie will be in my thoughts all day, until we hear an uppydate Meg. ;) I hope you gave her extra extra kisses and told her it will be OK. ;) ((HUGS)) Jan

catnapper
07-07-2005, 06:52 AM
Today's the day.... lots of prayers and good thoughts coming her way today!

catcrazylady
07-07-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm thinking about and praying for sweet little Gracie. Update us when you can Meg.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-07-2005, 09:55 AM
bless her little kitty heart - she's lovely

rosethecopycat
07-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Gracie,

You are going to be just fine, and you will be cute as ever, with a permanant 'wink'.

Prayers for Gracie today.

skneisel74
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh sweet Gracie,
You have lots of prayers heading your way from Texas. We think you are beautiful and know that your meowmie will take purrrrfect care of you upon your return home. Good luck and here's hugs for a speedy recovery.

lots of love to you,
Shell's Angels

cubby31682
07-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Gracie will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Please update us as soon as you hear anything.

furrykidsmother
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Gracie has been in my thoughts. I hope that all has gone (is going) well. I know it is only early afternoon, but I guess I am just impatient. I will check back in awhile and hope to see a good update.

sirrahbed
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I was also peeking in to check on Gracie!! Hope all is well!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Hope things are going well with precious Gracie today. Sending prayers and positive thoughts!

Barbara
07-07-2005, 12:58 PM
I think we will still cross paws and fingers for sweet Gracie- although we may be late and she has already come through with flying colours.

Gracie, you are such a pretty girl now and your eye will feel much better:)