PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Movie?

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 10:30 PM
I think this is one of pet talk's famous questions now.. :p favorites, favorites, and favorites.

well, from my favorite word thread and finn's movie thread -- I'd like to know what's your favorite movie!

I have so many but based on true stories/made in foreign are mostly my favorites, ..also a few of others I have here -- the other sister, light it up, monsters, inc., instinct, life is beautiful, a knight's tale, men of honor, I love sam, the shawshank redemption and maaaaany more! that I could watch, cry, laugh over again and again....until I remember every word in the movie. ;)

now, I wonder what's yours?? :)

cocker_luva
07-05-2005, 11:02 PM
gone with the wind
black beauty
the brave little toaster

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 11:30 PM
oh yeessss kari! I have the first twos as well...love them. :D gine with the wind cracked me up in some scene. "frankly my dear, don't give a d***." :eek: it was really strong..

if you like these then I should like the brave little toaster. :)

Kfamr
07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
The Lion King
Romeo and Juliet (ONLY the original - I HATE the new version)
Elephant
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Notebook
Donnie Darko
Gardenstate

Basically in that order.

CagneyDog
07-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Free Willy
:D

countrycowgirl
07-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Lonesome Dove is my all time favorite
The Notebook
all 3 lotr
Legends of the falls
seabiscuit
black beauty
and many more

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 11:45 PM
oh my goshness! free willy!! how could I forget that one! it was always my favorite in my childhood...oooh I can't wait to watch it again. :D :D

lion king is something I would get. :) in that movie, my favorite scene of monkey (the name?), did the poof attack! I laughed.

eternal sunshine (because of kay) & the notebook (sister thought I'd like very much) is on my must to see list!

I'd love to watch the others to see why you love these. :)

wolf_Q
07-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Donnie Darko
Garden State

Did you watch Donnie Darko again? You slept through most of it when I was there. ;) I still need to see Garden State...

I really don't have a favorite movie. Just glancing at my shelf some I own are all the LOTR movies, Indiana Jones movies, some disney movies (The Lion King, Snow Dogs, Finding Nemo, etc.), Shrek and Shrek 2, Napoleon Dynamite, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Babe, Dances with Wolves, The 6th Sense, Big Fish, The Wedding Singer, a ton of U2 movies.......who knows what else....

Kfamr
07-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Did you watch Donnie Darko again? You slept through most of it when I was there. ;) I still need to see Garden State...

Haha, yeah. I really need to stay awake for movies. :o Gardenstate is wonderful!

Corinna
07-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Really bad old "B" black and white horror shows.

kittycats_delight
07-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Rocky Horror Picture Show, Ice Age, Suspect Zero, House of Sand and Fog, The Merchant of Venice, The Lion King 1 1/2, Monster, The Life of David Gale, Being John Malkovich, Nosferatu, and I could go on and on. :)

sandragonfly
07-06-2005, 12:07 AM
yeah! finding nemo.. very cute one too. :) dance with wolves is something I'll never forget, one of my mother's favorites, watching all the time when she was very sick. and now that she's gone. :(

corinna, gimme some examples? :o I don't think I have known one..

oh kay! gardenstate reminds me of the secret garden!! have any of you guys watched it? oh my...you should!! *pointing at you...thumbs up* :D soooo good and saad.

I'm glad this thread is here, it refreshens my mind! :)

sandragonfly
07-06-2005, 12:12 AM
wow...michelle (delight's) most movies listed..never hear of. would they be the ones you recommend me? :D

house of sand and fog sounds good.. was itt? ice age was moderntically funny. :p

kittycats_delight
07-06-2005, 12:17 AM
I loved Diego in Ice Age he was just too cute. And I would recommend all those movies. Some may not like them but I thought they were fabulous. :P My taste in movies is a little different from most.

Vette
07-06-2005, 12:31 AM
This is going to sound odd... but i really love Scary Movie... i laugh pretty much all the way through it. thast the only one i liked though.. i though the rest were really stupid.

Turner and Hooch is another favorite. though i really hate the ending..

and something i havent seen in a long time.. is White Fang. i used to watch that a lot and drive my parents up the wall with it...LOL

Vette
07-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Oh! and one just popped in my head...

Snowy River

i used to watch that a lot too

The Cat Factory
07-06-2005, 03:32 AM
A Clockwork Orange
Full Metal Jacket
Lord Of The Rings
Star Wars (original trilogy)
Gladiator
Pink Floyd The Wall
The Evil Dead
The Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness

binka_nugget
07-06-2005, 03:39 AM
The Notebook
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Sincity
You've Got Mail
Love Actually

BitsyNaceyDog
07-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Probably my all time favorite movie is (don't laugh) Father of the Bride 2. Justin calls it my "happy movie". When I get really upset about something or I'm having a very down and depressed day and can't hardly drag myself out of bed Justin will pop that movie in and it helps me so much. When I've lost animals I always have to watch that movie, it helps me to stop crying. Everyone needs a "happy movie".

I also love Pirates of the Caribbean.
The Lord Of The Rings trilogy
Back to the Future 1
Spiderman 1 & 2
My Cousin Vinny

and I'm sure more that I can't think of at the moment (but maybe they aren't favorites if I can't name them off the top of my head)

JenBKR
07-06-2005, 09:04 AM
I have so many! Let's see...How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, The Life of David Gale, Identity, Miss Congeniality...any good thriller

edit: also the Indiana Jones and Back to the Future movies

K9soul
07-06-2005, 09:12 AM
I suppose there are lots that I really enjoy and it'd be hard to say one was my favorite over all others, since each movie is different. I may really love a movie but not be able to watch it repeatedly for fear of growing bored with it and ruining its magic over me. But I suppose the movie I've watched over the most, from the time I was a kid to now, as well as listening to the soundtrack constantly, is Phar Lap. I can get a lot of emotional thrill out of it no matter how many times I watch it.

rizzy
07-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Legally Blonde ( the first one)
How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days
Raising Helen
The Notebook*
Miss Congeniality
Spiderman with the real people
Shawshank Redemption
The Pirates of the Carabian

JenBKR
07-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by rizzy
Legally Blonde ( the first one)

Oh yeah, I love that one too!!

crsvstang
07-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Legally Blonde (both of them)
Can't Buy Me Love
A Walk to Remember
Sweet November
Finding Nemo
Brother Bear
Lion King
Monsters Inc.

JenBKR
07-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by crsvstang
Can't Buy Me Love

Sheesh, forgot that one too. That's definitely one of my faves, I saw it not long ago too.

PJ's Mom
07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't really have one favorite. I love the Star Wars movies (all of them but The Phantom Menace) I also love all the Terminator movies. (the first one is my favorite) :)

Ginger's Mom
07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Love those light romantic movies, such as The Goodbye Girl, Charade, The American President, The Runaway Bride, anyway you get the idea. And on occasion a darker romantic movie like Sliding Doors.

ParNone
07-06-2005, 12:35 PM
The ones I find myself watching over and over again are musicals. I swear I was born in the wrong era ;). I love:

Sound of Music
Wizard of Oz
Unsinkable Molly Brown
Calamity Jane (the musical one of course with Doris Day)
Funny Girl

Over the weekend, I found myself glued to the TV rewatching, Yankee Doodle Dandy ("My father thanks you, my mother thanks you, my sister thanks you and I thank you". :)) and Singing in the Rain (Good Morning... Goooooddd Mooorrrrning :))

Par...

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Phar Lap

I LOVE that movie! I can't pick a favorite, but, I love these:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Edward Scissorhands
Finding Neverland
The Last Unicorn
The Dark Crystal
Watership Down
Joe vs the Volcano
The Boondock Saints
Garden State
Waiting for Guffman
Somewhere in Time
The Outsiders
American Graffiti
Razor's Edge
Primal Fear
Mighty Joe Young
Titanic
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Mulholland Drive
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
L.A. Confidential
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol 1
Anastasia
Finding Nemo
Donnie Darko
Romancing the Stone
To Kill a Mockingbird
Field of Dreams
Seven
Shawshank Redemption

Oh, man, there's so many more. I'm going to stop, though. I can never pick a favorite!

elizabethann
07-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Lonesome Dove is my all time favorite

I LOVE that movie too!!!

I think my favorite movies are:

Forrest Gump
Lady and the Tramp
Benji
Born Free

And I love Abott & Costello movies because they remind me of my Grandmother.

Anita Cholaine
07-06-2005, 12:45 PM
My favourite is Eternal Sunshine of a Spottless Mind....I don't know why, but I just fell in love with it (I watched it 3 times in a weekend)
The other ones on the list are The Lord of the Rings(the other I could watch without getting tired of it...) and 1959 Ben Hur, wich is just amazing....
I loved Finding Nemo... it was so pretty!!:D

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
The ones I find myself watching over and over again are musicals. I swear I was born in the wrong era ;)

I feel that way, too, sometimes! My favorite musical is Brigadoon. And, Gene Kelly is one of my all time favorite men, he was so beautiful, and, what a voice! When he and Ricky Nelson sang that song in "Rio Bravo", oh, man! :)

ParNone
07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Amazingly enough I've never seen Brigadoon. I'll have to put that one on my list.

I actually love Singing in the Rain, moreso for Debbie Reynolds (I saw her do Unsinkable Molly Brown live here in Houston and have been a big fan ever since), then Gene Kelly, although I do love his classic dance in the Rain. I also love Donald O'Connors "Make'em Laugh" dance routine too.

Ginger's Mom
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh ParNone, not to get too far off the original topic, but musicals. Let me recommend anything with Howard Keel (I just love him). (E.g. Annie Get Your Gun, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Kiss Me Kate.)

ParNone
07-06-2005, 02:15 PM
hola ginger's mom!

Yeppers, I really liked him in Show Boat and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and of course I LOVED him in Calamity Jane :) as Wild Bill Hickok. I haven't seen Kiss me Kate or Annie Get Your Gun though. I'll put those on my list too.

Par...

sandragonfly
07-06-2005, 03:09 PM
ok thank you delightkitty!

vette, white fang is ...a comedic movie, right? or am I confused with fang or the fang? never had seen snowy river and just remembered I have cool running! :D I miss john candy soo much! :(

gladiator, a clockwork orange, a walk to remember, sweet november, forrest gump, benji(oh my god, no see long time!), field of dreams are what I have too! hmm not bad, many of us do like some same movies! I could go from a - z postings for three days!

kari (blaix) yes..I agree! monsters, inc. is my happy movie. :D

miss congeniality and legally blonde was good & funny. the others, never watched but will add on my lists!

jessica (k9soul) I'll have to watch phar lap, many of my friends would like me to watch it. humm.

pj's mom - I'm trying to like sci-fi movies! I don't know why I don't have much interest in them.. except I love their effects. last sci-fi I watched was iRobot. and a crush on elijah wood in LOTR. teehee.

ginger's mom.. yeah -- you're soft. :p :) I loved saving private ryan too -- the american president reminded me that.

parnone..if you liked these then you must liked this if you saw it, the league of their own..or am I wrong? :p

sorry guys, I'm out of music debtation, I know nothing about it! :D
:p darn..

oh yeah, I loved this too, very scary when I was little! called It! in fact, I'm still trying to find a movie that would scare me off my chair! :D anyone suggest? I'm hoping to find a scare favorite.

sandragonfly
07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
oh by the way.. I thought you guys should check out this best movie site -- I've always liked their reviews about each movie.. is there other cool site from you?

everything about movies (www.imdb.com)

luvofallhorses
07-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Hildago
Are We There Yet?
You've Got Served
Honey
A Cinderella Story
Bingo
Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey & Homeward Bound: Lost in San Francisco
Fluke
A dog of Flanders
My All time favorite is Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken :)
Balto
I also like a lot of Disney movies :) it would take me 'til next year to name them all ;)

manda_moo87
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Moonstruck
Faithful
Suspect
Mask
The Notebook
Madagascar
George Of The Jungle (lol)
Stepmom
Finding Nemo
Star Wars (all episodes)

carole
07-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Although not a big movie goer, I enjoyed .

BRIDGET JONES DIARY both the first and 2nd one, I love Renee, and of course my two fav hunks Colin firth and Hugh baby.

JAPANESE STORY, this movie I really enjoyed,not sure if it was ever released in USA, an australian movie, one of the best I have seen for me anyhow,it had humour, romance,sad bits, a mixed bag, but very enjoyable.

MONSTER, the storyline was not very nice, but well acted and I still enjoyed it although sometimes I looked away,at scenes that upset me.

RAISING HELEN, loved this movie, a fan of Kate Hudson, and went to a mother's day special screening with Melissa, was perfect for that.

I must add WAKING NED DEVINE, an old movie, but I really enjoyed this one.

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-08-2005, 09:26 AM
My absolute favorite is the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Pirates of the Caribbean!!:D I've got lots more though...;)