PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Rie Rie

momcat
07-05-2005, 08:53 PM
How is Eddie doing? Is he still in the hospital? What are his doctors saying about his recovery? My thoughts and especially my prayers still continue for Eddie and all of you. He has not been forgotten.....

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 11:37 PM
oh yes, not forgotten. but I've forgotten that we could ask rie rie and I'm happy we'd be able to hear the (good, I hope) news sooner!

I'd love to know how he's doing... prayers has been winged up and dropped onto him.

Corinna
07-05-2005, 11:57 PM
I was wondering about Brandon also!

QueenScoopalot
07-06-2005, 06:14 AM
I was thinking about Eddie yesterday. and hoping he's still making great progress. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I hope Regina and the family don't mind, but I copied the following from Regina's July 4 update on their family site.
-----------------
Sorry about the lack of update on the 3rd everyone. They close this room at 5 on Sundays (and Saturdays too) and I didn't get finished with his theraphy until well after that. Pretty much as soon as we returned from Gloucester and Sunday Church services Eddie had company, one of his Angels and wife came to visit for about an hour. That was awesome. He was up in his chair for the visit. I think that, although he isn't a big fan of that chair, he appreciated being at his best for company. After the visit it was time for the P.T. and we spent a good hour to do that.

After shift change a doctor came in and decided we needed to get Eddie up and on his feet. That starts with the chair so we put him in that but then they came back and said that they didn't have the belt they needed so the standing had to wait until today. It was best that we waited until the PT folks could be there. So, this morning they got him up on his feet. He didn't think that he could do it but they got him up and he stood on his own two feet! It was for about 30 seconds but he was standing, we'll maybe it was longer than 30 seconds since they had to drag something over for me to stand on so that I could get over and above the P.T. person because he wanted a kiss, that may have taken more than 30 seconds.

The doctors have Eddie brushing his own teeth and combing his own hair (well, he can't get to the very top of his head or the back of it but he's getting there) - I hold the mirror and he tries very hard to do a good job. I know that in the past we've really emphasized the positives and the progress and not really mentioned the less pleasant. I need to do that now. Eddie is making great progress and our prayers are being answered and we'll never be able to say "Thank You" enough for that. Some of you may be aware of what I'm getting ready to say but it needs to be said. Up until now Eddie has been able to sleep fairly comfortably with the pain meds and sedation and much of this stuff has happened to him unawares. Now he is awake, halleluia. He's making great strides with his therapy - fantastic. He's feeling tremendous pain to make those great strides in that therapy and is awake and aware of the pain. So, while we are expressing our tremendous gratitude to God for all the blessings He has showered on us we need to continue to lift Eddie up to Him to help get him through what, for him, will be the hardest part of all of this, the pain of physical therapy. I ask for that from all of you, continued prayer for Eddie and for his pain, for strength and endurance, for patience. Thank you all in advance for those prayers and please remember to pray for our Angels.
--------------------
Laura had posted the site address in her last post so we could stay updated while she was gone. Here it is again so you can all read the entire story of Eddie's recovery - and also Brandon.
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/categori...tegoryID=424441
I don't think you need to log in to view, but if you do, just create an account for yourself - it's free.

Sounds like things are going as well as can be expected. Eddie is starting to be up and about so he is in the toughest part of his recovery right now.

Continued thoughts and prayers going out for him and the family!

catmandu
07-06-2005, 09:45 AM
THAT IS SO WONDERFUL,THAT HE IS MAKING PROGRESS,AND THE PRAYERS,OF I,AND THE RESIDENTS,OF THE FOUND CAT HOTEL,ARE BEHIND BOTH EDDIE,AND BRANDON,THAT THESE FINE MEN,WILL BE WELL,AS SOON,AS POSSIBLE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/GARYMEEZ.jpg

BJ ANGEL,WILL VISIT,HE IS ONE SOOTHING CAT.