PDA

View Full Version : OK...so you have a gas guzzling SUV...this one's for you then!

QueenScoopalot
07-05-2005, 05:44 PM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/motorsports/12011054.htm

We won't tell: Spray-on mud will fool SUV pals

LONDON - Maybe your rugged SUV never goes anywhere wilder than the mall, but you can look like a wilderness adventurer with Spray-On Mud.

For owners who don't want it to look like they're driving an unnecessary gas-guzzler, a little splash signals that the vehicle spends time tackling the back country.

The product is the brainchild of Colin Dowse, a businessman from Shropshire, England, a village close to the Welsh border.

''Spray-On Mud is an urban camouflage designed to give the impression that you are a serious off-roader,'' he said.

Dowse, a Web designer, came up with the idea about a year ago while sharing a few pints with friends at a local pub. It's genuine local dirt -- strained to remove stones and other debris -- mixed with water and a secret ingredient that Dowse says helps it stick to a vehicle's bodywork.

But don't use it to obscure the numbers on one's license plate, he warns on his Web site -- that's a fineable offense.

Dowse said he can barely keep up with Internet sales of the product at $14.50 a quart.

''We're selling it from Japan to New York,'' he said. ``It's also getting very, very big in Germany, which is kind of strange bearing in mind that they like to keep their cars a bit cleaner than we do.''

Distribution is to begin in the United States and Canada within a few months.

Ron DeFore, of the Sport Utility Vehicle Owners of America, a nonprofit consumer group in Washington, said he wouldn't be surprised if the product sold well in America.

For more information: Spray-On Mud: sprayonmud.com

Fox-Gal
07-05-2005, 05:56 PM
LOL I saw that on some car show my husband was watching. I had to laugh, here they are trying to add the mud look to their car and all I do is wash mud off mine. Just cause I own a 4 wheel drive car, doesn't mean it has to be muddy. In that case I would have just bought one in mud like color, instead of red. ;)

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just hose your yard, make a little mud and run your SUV through it. :D :p

anna_66
07-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Ok, that's just hilarious! What people won't buy:D

slick
07-05-2005, 08:54 PM
OK, my SUV is my baby. I give her all the love and attention she deserves.....regular oil changes, tire rotation, in fact my mechanic knows her schedule and when I call to make an appt, he knows just what to do. The last time my car was in 4-wheel drive it was 6 months ago during winter. I don't off-road and yes, I keep it clean.

So why on earth would I want to go and splash mud all over her just for the sake of image??:confused: