PDA

View Full Version : Best Wishes, Speedo - good bye sweetie!

cyber-sibes
07-05-2005, 03:08 PM
This is happy-sad news. Speedo left this morning for a new home. When he joined us back in March, it was with the understanding that it was only till a good forever home became available. This morning Speedo was adopted by a young couple with a big fenced in yard out in a small town. They had a husky-mix previously and are very excited about him joining their family. He'll get to be an inside dog and lounge around in the a/c (lucky dog!) I'm hoping he'll have a chance to get all the attention he wants and maybe get alot more exercise & do things with some young people. I have gotten very attached to him in the past four months, and am happy he's getting a good home, but sad that he is leaving. I was hoping it would be a local family and maybe I would get to see him sometimes, but they live 45+ miles from here. :(

:D Speedo, I love you, sweetie! You deserve the very best - a family of your own to spoil you and love you forever-- I feel lucky to have had you here with us for awhile, you're a great dog! Best of luck, little guy! WE WILL MISS YOU!!!:(

Karen
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Awww, I knew you had said this was a possibility. Buh-bye Speedo! We were glad to meet you, and maybe your new folks will join Pet Talk so we can still keep in touch!

Corinna
07-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm happy for Speedo and sorry for you. {{{HUGS}}}}

Lexi_Lover
07-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Have fun at your new fur-ever home Speedo! :D I wish you all the best!

You are a wonderful person for taking Speedo in, and I bet you are happy he has found a good home!

K9soul
07-05-2005, 04:06 PM
This really came as a surprise to me! I'm sure I've missed something in the meantime, but this is the last update I remember seeing on him: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74116&highlight=cloud

(forgive me for not replying to that by the way, it was during a time I was having a lot of wrist trouble :o)

Admittedly I haven't been keeping up near as well as I used to, but I guess I just didn't realize that it was meant to be temporary. The family sounds wonderful though, I certainly wish him the best!

k9krazee
07-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Bye Speedo!!!! We will miss you here on PT :( I'm glad you found a great forever home though.

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 04:17 PM
this thread scared me for a moment! last time I was wishing his a happy birthday then I misread speedo was gone. but oh, going to a new home.. whew.

yeah, I read this all unexpectedly too and went for a search to see if there was any speedo thread I missed but only found a thread about his biting problem since ever. hope it wasn't because of that but whatever your reason was, glad speedo is getting a better home and more attention as you think he will.

speedo, hope you're not as nervous as a shy fox and is very happy with your new home! I hope cyber-sibes told your new parents about this site so we'd see more of you again someday!

you'll be missed! :( your lovely odd-eyes. take care, speedo!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-05-2005, 04:25 PM
:eek:
:(

OMG!

We shudda sed a better G-Bye, Speedo, when we wuz all
together at the Memorial Day Gathurin...

Whishin ya da BEST, Kiddo ...
Be a GUD BOY wiff yur New Fambily!

/s/ :( but :) Cinder, Smokey, & Bowser (an Dad, too)

cyber-sibes
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
We shudda sed a better G-Bye, Speedo, when we wuz all together at the Memorial Day Gathurin...
To be honest, I didn't think I'd have to say good-by so soon either...hardly seems fair
He's a wonderful little guy - no big problems, just little ones that were adding up. Hubby said "It's time" and since Speedo has an opportunity to go to a good home with "husky people", I'm ok about it. (well, sort of, I'm saying this through my tears.) I didn't want to write anything about it till I knew he had a good home. I offered to donate a pass to the dogpark to them, but as I said, they live quite a distance away.
I'm hoping his new people will at least try out PT - but I don't know if they will. I'll be sending Speedo lots of prayers that he will be happy - I can't imagine anyone not loving him to pieces! Thanks PT-ers, for all your support.
(HOW do you people that do rescue all the time do this? - this is SO HARD)

K9soul
07-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I can only imagine how tough it was for you to say goodbye. Sending you big {{Hugs}} across the miles. I hope that you will hear from the family from time to time.

Kfamr
07-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh. :(

I had no clue you guys planned on giving him to someone else. I had thought after your son gave him to you that he was in a forever home. Good luck to you, Speedo.. and I wish you lots of love and care for the rest of your life!

I know it must have been hard for both you and Speedo.

Ginger's Mom
07-05-2005, 06:21 PM
I, too, did not understand that Speedo's stay was only temporary. I am sure that you found him the very best home for him. I am glad that he has a forever home. We will miss you Speedo. I hope your new folks do check out Pet Talk, because I would love to hear updates on you.

I know it will be hard for you for a while not having Speedo around. Give extra hugs to Star and Sherman, they will give you extra kisses in return.

wolf_Q
07-05-2005, 07:51 PM
I was very surprised at this too, I thought you were keeping him. I hope this home is his *forever* home. It'd be great if they joined PT too. Good luck Speedo!

Cincy'sMom
07-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Best Wishes Speedo!!! We will miss you!! Tell your new family they should update us from time to time....

anna_66
07-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh Speedo, we're surely going to miss you at the dog park but it sounds like you've found a great home with people who are going to love you very much.

Good Luck boy!