PDA

View Full Version : Kim, The Golden Cat Stories

louhirata
07-05-2005, 03:29 AM
This is the thread about Kim, the Golden Cat, the Master and his life stories.

These stories begins with the last moments of Kim and continues with every moment we enjoyed together. I hope I do not forget not one good moment.

Barbara
07-05-2005, 05:23 AM
Can't wait to hear Kim's stories:)

Karen
07-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Kim's Memorial thread is here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71513) in Cat Memorial.

louhirata
07-15-2005, 01:53 AM
It was Autumn, kind of chill. Kim was 3 weeks and the first day at home spend under the armoire of the kitchen! In total silence! The next morning very early I got him from under it and, gave him warm milk in a injection without the needle!

That same night, he slept on my neck at my pillow! And from that day on, until he become very independent, he had nursing bottle and slept at my neck and pillow!

He was a silent kitten...

Barbara
07-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Did you find him outside? What a tiny tiny little boy he must have been.

catmandu
07-15-2005, 08:35 AM
THAT WAS A SHAME,THAT KIM,NEVER GOT,TO BE A CAT,AND NEVER GOT,TO GROW UP,AND HAD TO GO,WAY TOO EARLY.
KIM,IS AN ENTERNAL KITTEN,NOW AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,AND IS HAVING FUN,WITH THE PET TALKER ANGELS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos888.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture583.jpg

MOOSE,IN A BOX.

louhirata
07-17-2005, 04:23 AM
The adoption cat house told me Kim was 1,5 months, but he was so tinny he fit in my both hands! His vet said later he was about 3-4 weeks when I took him home. They were 4 cats of the same mom, who could not take care of them anymore.

I bought a nursing bottle at the drugstore but it was too big for his tinny mouth. So, I went back to the drugstore and got an injection and took out the needle! It fit well! He loved his milk, I gave him the type of milk that is almost like fat milk, here it is call "integral" milk, very filling.

Kim lived until the age of 4 years. He was a very big healthy cat, very very independent, and loved to sing to the full moon. And he was very creative in plays, always inventing something and taking Rhay with him!

louhirata
07-24-2005, 01:44 PM
This is Kim, The Golden Cat at the age of 1,5 years. This photo was taken during Winter.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/louhirata/kim_2.jpg

louhirata
07-31-2005, 04:33 AM
Moose is so cute!!!

It is 30 degrees Celsius: a summer days like during Winter! (It was 4 centigrades in the morninr last week!)

During the Summer, on those very humid, more than heavy tropical days, when the rain was more than excepect and it was so hot, almost unberable, Kim loved to take a shower! Always when it was above 33 centigrades, I would go to the shower with him on my lap, and would water him on the belly specially, wetting him lightly! He loved! I usually would control the temperature: he knew already!

Then the rain would come and we would open the window and watch it fall! I would sing the tune for the rain... The cats knew already! Those Summer days are with us forever!

louhirata
09-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Those early days Kim come home, he soon found his way to my pillow. He would come as soon as I turned the light off and he would sleep on top of my pillow, very close to my neck, covered by my hair. The wind was blowing outside, the temperature was low, but he was very warm and slept all night. In the morning he would meouw when the clock sounded, and his warm milk on the syrenge without the needle would be served, because the bottle was too big for his mouth. I would go to work and would leave him between cousins, very well hidden of the cold. Winter is here again, very windy and I do remember the warmth of Kim on my pillow.

This is a picture of Kim, in a pic taken during the Winter. He loved to play in his little carpet!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/louhirata/kim1c.jpg

louhirata
09-25-2005, 10:02 AM
And we had to choose a name! What a difficult task! So, I phone called my friend at São Paulo, who has a girl, Bell, 9 y.o., and they both helped me, because Bell had a book that had Japanese names! Great! So, went along the line. I told them, he was yellow and looked like a tine lion! And he was very calm and soft! A very soft and calm lion! Never seen one such, said Bell. Then she said, let us call him Kim, the golden cat. Because "kim" means "gold" in Japanese! Great, I said. So, he become Kim, The Golden Cat.

Kim, learned his name in ten days! His ears would move around when I called him. Of course, I trained a little when giving him milk!

Or would it be that if I said any other word he would move his ear anyway?!!!!! Come one, friends...

orangemm
09-25-2005, 01:41 PM
I am so sorry to read the story on Kim, how he left you at such a young age. You must miss him very much.

louhirata
10-02-2005, 04:23 AM
They say there is no word for missing so much in English. In Portuguese there is a word SAUDADE which means to miss someone very much. You feel SAUDADE. So, this is what I feel: a tremendous SAUDADE of Kim. And those days when I would come back from work and find him waiting for me...

I would prepare his milk and prepare a little "papinha", which is a little special food for kittens that he ate very calmly. Then, we would play...

I brough home a roll of wool and Kim would play with it. He loved, looking at me with his blue eyes and rolling with the wool threads, and he would meow and meow to call attention and would tangle, playing around it. We played until he felt it was time to stay quiet and to purr... He loved to purr.. And he purred...

louhirata
10-09-2005, 05:43 AM
Kim loved to nani sleep while I was at the computer! He would seat at my lap and play while I was tapping and tapping. He would write to grab my fingers, hold my hands, and jump on the pc. (One day he jumped on the DELETE!!!! Imagine! There it went: out to nowhere!)

Then, he would get tired and would fall asleep on my lap, very curled. One day, I started to tap, tap, and he was around and left my lap. I continued to work at the pc and did not pay attention to him.

After one hour, I wonder where he was... I looked behind my back and guess what? I saw the big, long, tangled toiled paper all over the room!!! He had gotten the toilet paper from the bathroom, pulled all the way and was playing with it very happily!!!

Since the day he found out this new toy, I had to close the doors of the bathrooms because he would simply pull the toilet paper all over the house! He loved it!!!

One day he actually meow in protest when I told him he could not do it! Then, I gave up. So, for a long time, I simply let him play, and replaced the toilet paper when he unrolled it!!!

louhirata
11-13-2005, 11:09 AM
And Winter was gone and Spring come, Kim was alread a 4 months old and started to find about the world around, which means the furniture...

Kim became more and more alert and playfull. After rolling around wool, he loved to play with my hands: to bite it and scratch it!

I got him something to scratch and jump on top of it, with ropes and cave and a small board, and a bell hanging from it, and he loved to spend the hours playing around.

But my hands were his prefered toy, after listening to me tappping on the computer... So, he bited and scratched all my hands. And bit and bit and kicked with his back paws. Tiny but sharp nails.

(I remember, I had to hide my hands in meetings because I did not realize when he was playing that it would get all scratched and red, and with small scars!!!!)

And he loved to chase the fingers after the keyboard of the pc.... And jump on top of it to type himself.

That Spring was joyfull and fun, he loved his post with the bell! He hided and slept there during the day.

But his morning sleep was at the couch where the Sun would come around through the windows.

Such Sunny and Smelly days, his nostrils always told me! ;)

louhirata
12-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Summer days came and Kim had grown already to be what seem to be a big cat: I thought to myself everyday he would be a very big cat. His paws were very big..

He would wake up now before the alarm clock, about 5 minutes, and would start meowing for his food. I would prepare warm milk and baby dry food. I had bought a plate with a drawing of the blue fish and he like it. So, he would slowly eat his food, after hearing the Japanese words of food welcome of everyday...

Then, he would go for his necessities...

But the first day he pee out of the litter, I had to do something. I dry it with toilet paper and put the piace of toilet paper on top of the chemical sand. The smell of his pee stayed there for a while.

From that day on, he always pee on the litter!

At lunch, I would give Kim half a package of whiscas wet food, chicken flavour. Sometimes I would cook chicken soup for him. He also learned how to eat salad, since he liked to play with the green leaves I ate. Then one day, he tasted... and loved it. The very tender and tiny leaves... Kariots, he would appreciate too, so, he kept chewing it.

At dinner, I would give him some dry food and later some more milk.

He was very talkitivy, meowing a lot... while I also talked to him.

I used to leave the radio on because from hour to hour, there would be a comment besides music. He also liked the answering machine, which he ended up breaking it... because he loved to jump on top of it when it rung.

(I started to noticed there would no messages for me anymore! He simply would jump on top of it when the telephone rung!)

Sometimes I would take Kim out with a lead, and he would love to try to go up the trees, smelling everything.

He heard a bird oneday. He stoped and stayed in hunting position... waiting... hunting... waiting... He meow trembling... another trembling meow... And the bird flew knowing this little kitten would not hurt him!

So, the days went on with the the playfull days of joy of having Kim at home. Summer that year was very pleasant with nice temperatures and lots of rain. And Kim loved to hear the rain, and we loved to sleep while it rainned! The heavy drops falling and the smell of wet land was always, and Kim nostrils moved smell Summer days and its flowers.

:) :)