PDA

View Full Version : Cat stuff

slleipnir
07-05-2005, 12:48 AM
A few questions..

Are bugs bad for cats? I know Kiba loves to eat bugs :o :o :o It's so gross, and I try not to let her do it, but I can't always keep her away from them...I don't want it to be bad for her...

Also, are laser pointers bad for their eyes? I know it is if you shine it directly...but just playing with it, it doesn't go into her eyes directly. She LOOOOOOOOOOVES it. It's like her fav toy ever...but I don't want her to go blind or anythign...It's cute, I'll shine it on the wall, and she'll stalk it and make a chirpy meow noise..then I stop and she'll stare at the wall wondering where it wnet!

kittycats_delight
07-05-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure about the bug thing but I think all cats do that. Atleast all I had did it and it never caused them harm. As for the laser pointer. They can be dangerous not just if shined in their eyes but also the reflection can cause damage if you are playing with her with it just be very careful not to bounce the light off something reflective. Otherwise have fun.

furrykidsmother
07-05-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure about the bug thing either, but I know from time to time all of ours have eaten a bug or 2, except Rusty, he seems to try and make friends with them LOL!!

We use the laser light for them too and they love it, just be very careful like Michelle said and don't get it near the eyes or a reflection that could hit their eyes.

moosmom
07-05-2005, 09:08 AM
My grandkitty, Callie LOVES to hunt bugs, especially flies. She plays with them, actually torturing them and then eats them. GROSS!!! But it's funny to watch her.

catmandu
07-05-2005, 09:47 AM
CATS,ARE NATURAL HUNTERS,SOME ON,CALLED THEM,THE PERFECT KILLING MACHINE.
SCRAPPY 2,IS ALWAYS TRYING,USUALLY,IN VAIN,TO CATCH FLIES,AND IS OS COMICAL,TO WATCH.

MR SCRAPPY,WAS DEATH,TO SILVERFISH,AND COCKROACHES.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Mr.jpg